<ten>

<a.day.and.night.on.the.beach>

"Over here, Summer!".

It was the following week, and Heather and Ben were looking after Summer for the day. They had gone over to Nick's house in Bournemouth to talk about the court case arrangements and he had let them take Summer out for the day. They had taken her for a walk along the beach.

"Shells!" Summer squealed as she bent over and grabbed a couple of pretty seashells. She handed one to Ben and gave him a cute smile.

"Awww, thank you Summer!" Ben said, giving her a hug. He gave her a bucket and spade. "Here, you play with these,".

Heather put a large beach towel down for her and Ben to sit on. "It's lunch time, I think we should go and find a cafe," she said to Ben.

Ben nodded. "I know a great place where we can eat, I'll drive us there,".

Summer dug up a pile of sand, then threw her spade down. "Uncle Ben, I'm hungry," she complained.

Ben picked her up and strapped her in her buggy. "We'll go and have lunch now," he said, as Heather put the towel away again.

They went back to the car and drove along the coast towards Swanage. "Look, it's the sandbanks," Heather cried, pointing to the familiar spot.

Ben grinned. "I can still remember that day when we went there, and what we got up to!" he laughed. "Wow, that was a long time ago!".

When they arrived in Swanage Ben found a parking spot and they walked into the town center. Heather's mobile went off so she answered it.

"Hi Heather," said Sam, who was looking after Nicole for the day. "Are you having a nice time?".

"Yes!" Heather answered. "We're just about to have lunch,".

"Nicole says hello," Sam said. "She misses you and Ben,".

Ben took the phone from Heather and had a word with Nicole. Heather took the buggy from him and pushed Summer along the pavement.

They passed a little old lady with a walking stick. She smiled and took a look at Summer. "What a beautiful daughter you have there!" she exclaimed. "You must be so proud of her,".

"Um, thanks," Heather said, feeling a bit uneasy since Summer wasn't really her daughter.

When Ben had hung up, he turned to Heather. "What did that lady say?".

"She said my 'daughter' was beautiful,".

Ben grinned. "I agree, Summer's really pretty,". He bent over and stroked her hair. "She's my beautiful little princess,".

"I though Nicole was your 'beautiful little princess'?" Heather frowned.

"I love them both," Ben announced. "Look, here's the restaurant,".

Heather cheered up when she saw what restaurant they were at. It was the same place they had eaten at during their date all those years ago when they were first dating. "I remember this place," she smiled.

"I knew you'd like it," Ben said. "Come, let's go inside,".

Ben and Heather weren't the only couple having lunch. Over in Norway, Christian and Naomi were sitting in their apartment, deciding what to have.

"I want to go out to a restaurant," Naomi announced.

Christian yawned. "I'm too tired, and I can't be bothered to go and get dressed up. How about I make us something?".

"Oh, alright then," Naomi said, switching on the TV to try and find a programme that was in English. "But it better be something nice,".

Grinning to himself, Christian walked into the kitchen and got some brown cheese out of the fridge.

A little while later, he came back into the living room, holding a plate of his favourite dish- Norwegian waffles. "Here you go, honey," he said, handing her the plate.

"Yuck," Naomi said. "We've had these millions of times before, I'm sick of them now,". She took a closer look at them. "Plus they're burnt underneath,".

Christian was insulted. "Thanks!" he shouted. "Why don't you go and make yourself something,".

"I think I will!" Naomi yelled, throwing the plate of waffles in his face.

Christian threw the plate back at her. "You'd better clean up that mess!" he shouted.

"No way," Naomi said, walking out of the room.

Helen sat on the armchair in silence, staring into space. She was still in shock over the accident... and finding out Stuart had been married.

Paul walked passed the doorway and saw Helen sitting, looking sad. He sighed, hating seeing her like that. "I'll find a way to cheer her up," he whispered to himself.

He went out to his car and returned ten minutes later with a little gold box. He walked up to Helen and handed it to her.

Helen looked at him curiously and opened the box. For the first time in days, she smiled. "Oh Paul, that's so sweet!". It was a beautiful gold ring.

"You like it?" he asked.

Helen nodded. "Yeah, I love it!". She turned at looked at him, feeling guilty. She couldn't help feeling bad about the fact she had been cheating on him, and he was now buying her expensive presents she didn't feel she deserved.

"I'll take you out to dinner tonight," Paul promised. "We could try that new Italian restaurant down the road,".

"OK," Helen agreed, turning away so he couldn't see the guilt in her eyes.

"Bye auntie Heather!" Summer called out as she waved Heather and Ben goodbye. They were now off for their two-hour drive home.

"I'm tired," Ben yawned as he drove them along the coastal road.

"Me too, I was up late last night doing marking ready for when the term starts in a couple of weeks," Heather replied, resting her head on Ben's bare shoulder. "I can't wait to get home and to bed,".

"Ha ha, me too," Ben said in a sexy voice.

They drove along past the sand banks again. Slowly, the car came to a halt. "What's happened?" Heather quizzed.

Ben tried the ignition but it wouldn't work. "Damn, something's up. I'll call the AA,".

Ben called the AA and they said they'd be there in half an hour. He sighed and turned the Heather. "Let's see if the radio still works,".

Luckily, it did. They sat listening, singing along. "I love this song," Ben smiled, it was their wedding song 'Never Had A Dream Come True'. He turned the volume up and opened all the doors. "Let's take a dance," he said with a smile, taking Heather's hand.

They danced in each others arms, on the sand under the stars. The song ended and another started. Heather laughed. "Oh no!".

Ben grinned, the song was 'Sex on the Beach'. "This reminds me of that night we were here before!" he giggled.

He leant forwards and they had a long, passionate kiss.

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>