<eleven>

<love.is.in.the.air>

Christian sat on the sofa alone, looking out of the window. He missed Naomi.

She was still staying in his apartment, but they hadn't spoken in two days. Not since their argument.

Christian sighed and stood up. He went and walked into the kitchen, where Naomi was making some toast. As it popped out of the toaster, he picked it up and started spreading jam over it.

Naomi snatched it from him. "What are you doing?!".

"I was trying to help out," Christian sighed, upset that his effort to be nice hadn't worked. "I'm sorry,".

Naomi walked out of the room with a frown. She hated the cold atmosphere and wondered how long they could go on being mad at each other over such a stupid argument.

Christian couldn't stand it any longer. He closed the kitchen door and started doing some cooking. He got out his best china and silverware. He had to make it up to Naomi.

A little later, he called her into the kitchen. "I made you lunch," he said, handing her a plate of... waffles.

Naomi looked at the plate angrily and gave him a glare.

Christian laughed and took the plate from her. He tipped the waffles into the bin and led her into the dining room. "This is our real lunch," he smiled.

Naomi's face lit up as she saw the beautifully laid-out lunch, it looked delicious! "Wow, you must have put in a lot of effort to make this!".

"Yes, but you're worth it," he said.

Naomi gave him a kiss then sat down at the table. "Thanks Chris, this is great,".

"So we're talking again now?".

Naomi nodded. "Yes, it was stupid to fall out in the first place,".

Christian sat down opposite and gave her a big smile of relief.

Meanwhile back in Britain, Heather was setting off to spend a couple of hours with her accountant Colin. "I'll be back around two," she told Ben, who was also going out for the afternoon.

"OK, well I won't be back until about five," he told her. "Are you dropping Nicole off?".

"Yup," Heather answered. "See you later,".

Heather drove Nicole over to Sam's house, because Sam was babysitting again. "Bye mum!" she said as she waved Heather good bye.

Sam took Nicole's hand and led her into the house. "I've got a special treat for you today," Sam told her. "Have you ever been to a rugby match before?".

"No," Nicole said. "I don't like rugby, I like football though. I've been to some Arsenal matches with dad,".

"Well maybe I can change your mind about rugby," Sam said. "My boyfriend Johnny will be over any minute and he's going to treat us to an afternoon at a rugby match!".

"OK then" Nicole sighed, not really wanting to go.

Five minutes later, Johnny turned up in his open-top sports car. "Ready girls?" he asked as he pulled up outside.

"Yes, come along Nicole," Sam said, opening the car doors.

They drove to Twickenham and Johnny got them in the players entrance. It was a match between England and France, but he was not playing since he had sprained his leg and had to rest it for a couple of weeks. "I got us VIP seats," he smiled, leading Sam and Nicole to the exclusive section of the crowd. "Your friend Tasha might be here," he mentioned.

"Oh yeah," Sam replied. "She said she might come along with Marat,".

Nicole sat impatiently until the game began. She actually enjoyed it and found the match exciting.

"Yes, England won!" Sam cried as the final whistle went. "What did you think of it, Nicole?".

Nicole smiled at Sam and Johnny. "It was fun!".

"Glad you liked it," Johnny grinned. "Come, let's go to the players bar. I'll introduce you to some of my mates and Nicole can have an orange juice,".

In the bar, they bumped into Tasha and Marat. "Hi!" Tasha grinned, she looked a bit tipsy. "Me and Marat are celebrating,".

"Why's that?" Sam asked.

"We're engaged," Marat smiled, giving Tasha a hug as she gave him a mushy kiss on the cheek.

Helen sat on the grass in the graveyard alone. Next to Stuart's tombstone.

She had attended his funeral earlier that day with other colleagues from the airport, and now everybody had left to go back to his wife's house. Apart from Helen.

She sat deep in thought, reflecting over things she had done. How she had enjoyed Stuart's company. How she had lied to Paul and cheated on him.

"It's all over now," Helen said, looking at the flowers laid over the grave. "Good bye Stuart,".

She picked her mobile phone up and called Paul, asking him to pick her up. "It's time to go back to Paul and forget about the past," she told herself as she walked towards the car park.

Paul soon arrived, looking concerned. "Are you OK?" he asked.

Helen nodded and smiled. "Yes, I'm OK,".

She would be fine for as lone as she had Paul. She was so glad it was Stuart that had died, not Paul.

While all of this was going on, Mark and Sarah were having a family portrait done with Becky. They sat on a velvet sofa in their conservatory with Becky positioned in the middle, while a talented artist painted the picture.

"How much longer, mummy?" Becky complained, stretching her arms out.

"Not long honey," Sarah assured her. She turned to Mark. "This was a great idea, having this painting of our family,".

"We're a small family though," Mark pointed out. "Only three of us,".

"We could have more family members one day," Sarah told him.

Mark smiled. "You want more children?".

Sarah smiled back. "Yes, if you want to,".

"I'd love a brother or sister for Becky," Mark said.

"OK, that's settled," Sarah confirmed. "We'll have another child!".

Heather returned from the accountant to see Nicole playing in next doors garden with the twins. She went into the kitchen to see a note from Sam, saying she had dropped Nicole home, but as she and Ben were both still out she had left her with Helen and Paul.

"I can get some marking done," she said to herself, getting her briefcase out and sorting out some year ten essays which needed marking before term started soon.

But no sooner had she got started, Nicole came rushing in. "Mum, I'm bored," she complained.

"I thought you were playing with the twins," Heather said.

"They had to go in for dinner," Nicole sighed. "What are you doing?".

Heather got some ink stamps out. "I'm marking some work,".

"Can I help?".

Heather agreed. "OK, you can stamp some smiley faces on the best work.

They sat marking and stamping until Ben returned home. He sat himself down and turned to Nicole. "Hello princess, how was your day?".

Nicole smiled. "I went to the rugby with auntie Sam, it was cool,".

Ben nodded. "That's nice. Look Nicole... how do you feel about Summer coming to live with us?".

Nicole put the pen down and turned away. "I don't like her, she smells and she cries too much,".

"That's not nice," Heather said firmly.

Nicole ignored the comment. "Mum, I'm going back out to see the twins,".

Ben sighed. "She'll get used to the idea, don't worry,".

"I hope so," Heather said.

"Anyway, we might not win the case," Ben pointed out. "Nick might get to keep her,".

Heather laughed. "Don't worry Ben, we'll get her, no problems. Sam says we have a very strong case and we're 99% sure of winning,".

Ben smiled. "I hope she's right,".

Heather nodded. "But I can't help wishing it was our daughter we were getting, Summer's not mine,".

Ben gave her a hug. "We can have more kids of our own one day,".

"You mean that?" Heather asked.

Ben grinned. "Yes! I'd love more kids,".

Heather smiled back at him. " I want a boy, a little brother for Nicole,".

"I"d like a son too," Ben agreed. "I like the name Benjy, and I like the name Edward,".

"Hmmm, I don't mind the name Michael," Heather continued. "And Anthony. I love that name,".

Ben smiled. "Anthony. Yeah, that's a great name,".

Heather put her hand on Ben's leg. "I enjoyed the other night on the beach, let's go and see if we can make Anthony,".

Ben gave her a sexy gaze. "OK then baby,".

Heather went and got changed into something sexy while Ben decorated the bedroom. "Are you ready yet?" Heather asked as she smoothed down her lacy, revealing short dress.

Ben sprinkled rose petals all over the bed and the floor, then checked his hair in the mirror. "Ok, come in,".

Heather stepped inside and burst out laughing. "I've told you before, no roses!".

"I couldn't resist!" Ben grinned, lighting some scented candles. He switched on the stereo and put an old classic love songs CD on. The first track was 'Hello'.

Ben lifted up the bed covers and they got underneath. "Nicole's next door, right?" he asked. "I don't want her walking in!".

"Yeah, she'll be next door all evening," Heather assured him, running her fingers through Ben's glossy hair and gazing into his bright blue eyes.

Ben undid his shirt and threw it on the floor. "Come on, we've got business to get down to!".

Heather nodded. "OK, let's make Anthony!".

Meanwhile,Nicole had come back into the house and walked upstairs. She head cries coming from her parents room so she peeked inside. Jamie had followed her inside and he took a look too.

Nicole laughed quietly. "What are they doing?" she whispered.

Jamie shrugged. "Some kind of game, I don't know," Jamie whispered.

"I could take a picture with my new instant camera!" Nicole whispered excitedly. She got it out of her room and took a snapshot of Heather and Ben playing their 'game'. Neither of them noticed the flash going off.

A few minutes later, the photo had developed. "Mum! Dad!" Nicole called out.

Ben jumped out of bed and put his clothes back on, Heather did the same. They walked out of the room and faced their daughter.

"This is for you," Nicole grinned as Jamie stood by her side with a shy smile. "I don't know what you were doing though,".

Heather gasped and blushed bright red. "Naughty girl! You shouldn't have been spying on us!".

"Sorry!" Nicole giggled, running off with Jamie.

Ben was cracking up with laugher. Heather hit him with the photo. "It's not funny, it's embarrassing!".

Ben grinned and took her hand. "Come on, let's go back to bed,".

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>