<thirteen>

<double.celebrations>

"How are we doing?".

Sam gave Heather a hopeful smile as they walked out of the court house after a long day battling in court. "I think we're going to win. I think I argued the case well and Nick's lawyer didn't have a very good argument,".

"I hope you're right," Ben said as they walked into the car park.

Heather said goodbye to Sam and got into the car. "How about going out to dinner tonight?" she asked Ben with a big grin.

Ben shrugged. "OK, if you like. Where do you want to go?".

"I fancy that little Italian place by the river,".

"OK," Ben agreed, his mind still on the court case. He was so nervous about it all, hoping he'd get Summer.

So nervous in fact, that he didn't realise how strangely happy Heather was looking. She hadn't stopped smiling all day, even in the court room.

They drove home, to find Heather's parents looking after Nicole. "She's been sulking all day," Heather's mum said.

Nicole was sitting on the sofa holding a soft toy. She had a sad expression and was looking at the ground silently.

Ben sat beside her. "What's wrong princess?".

She shook her head. "Nothing...".

Heather turned to face her parents. "Ben and I are going out to dinner tonight, can you stay and look after Nicole?".

"We'd love to but we have arrangements," heather's dad said. "I'm really sorry,".

"Oh, OK then," Heather sighed. "Maybe we could find another babysitter...".

"Or we could take Nicole," Ben suggested.

Heather shook her head. "No, I want it to be just us,".

She said goodbye to her parents then went to the phone. "No-one can babysit tonight," she told Ben after calling all her friends.

"Oh, well tomorrow instead?" Ben suggested.

"OK," Heather sighed, annoyed. She had some news she wanted to Ben, and now it had to wait.

Meanwhile next door, Paul and Helen were still feeling all romantic after their steamy night a few evenings ago.

"Mum, I need some new shoes for school," Kris shouted as he came running into the living room, where Helen and Paul were curled up on the sofa together.

"OK, OK," Helen replied. "We could go shopping to Kingston tomorrow and get some,".

"Cool!" Kris grinned. "I want some Nike trainers,".

Jamie came into the room. "Kris, we're not allowed to wear trainers at school," he pointed out.

Kris made a face. "So what, I can get away with it. My teacher likes me...".

Jamie laughed. "That's only because she fancies dad!".

Paul laughed. "Is that the teacher who asked for my autograph at parents evening?".

Kris nodded. "Yeah, that was embarrassing!".

Helen walked into the kitchen to make a drink. She had a big smile on her face, as she had an announcement to make. She was still waiting for the right moment.

She returned to the lounge with a cup of tea for Paul. "Thanks honey," he said. "What are you so happy about?".

"You'll have to wait and see," Helen said with a sly smile.

The following day, Ben and Heather went back to court, and Paul and Helen went shopping to Kingston, with the twins and Nicole. They were looking after her for the day.

"Can we go to Burger King?" Kris pleaded as they walked over the bridge.

"I'd rather just have a nice sandwich," Jamie said quietly.

"Yes, we'll have sandwiches from M & S," Helen said, as she held Jamie's hand as they walked along side the heavy traffic.

Nicole was being very quiet, this was unusual for her. "Are you feeling alright?" Helen asked.

Nicole looked up with sad eyes. "Yes, auntie Helen," she muttered.

At that moment, Paul's mobile rang. "Hello?".

It was Mark. "Hi Paul, where are you?".

Paul laughed. "We're on Kingston bridge!".

Mark laughed too. "Are you skipping over it?! Anyway, are you free this evening? Chris is back from Norway and he's coming over this evening. We could write some songs for the album,".

Paul asked Helen and she shrugged. "You can go, I'll stay and look after the kids,".

"OK, see you later," Paul told Mark before hanging up.

They spent the next couple of hours looking around the shops and buying the kids things they needed for school. The new term was starting in less than a week.

As they sat out on the grass eating lunch, Paul asked Nicole what was up. She was still being very quiet.

"It's dad," she whispered to Paul so no-one else could hear. "He's trying to get Summer to live with us, but I don't want her!".

Paul sighed. "If Summer lives with you or not, your dad will always love you," he reassured her.

"But he's my dad!" Nicole protested.

"He's Summer's dad too," Paul pointed out. "But you'll always be his number one daughter, don't worry,". Paul felt sorry for Nicole, and made a mental note to talk to Ben about it.

"Plus we're going to have Anthony soon," Nicole continued.

Paul was puzzled. "What?".

"I heard dad say to mum he hoped they'd managed to 'make Anthony', then mum explained they want me to have a brother,".

Paul smiled. "Oh, well that will be nice, to have a little brother,".

Kris was sitting impatiently. "Nicole, let's go and chase those annoying pigeons," he said, jumping up and trying to scare a group of pigeons who were pecking at crumbs on the grass.

"That's cruel," Jamie announced. "Don't hurt them,".

"Yeah," Nicole agreed, making Jamie smile and blush.

Kris wasn't pleased. "You're my wife, you should agree with me!".

"I don't want to be your wife any more!" Nicole cried, fed up with Kris. She threw her pink plastic 'wedding ring' on the ground and stamped on it.

Jamie couldn't help smiling to himself.

Over in Florida, Tasha and Marat were sunbathing on their honeymoon.

"I'm getting a drink, want one?" Tasha asked as she got up and slipped on her sandals.

Marat shrugged. "Yeah, whatever,". He was looking in the direction of two blond girls wearing bikinis.

Tasha went over to the bar, still feeling shaken up over the whole wedding night drama with Enrique. She had confided in Marat how scared she had been, yet he didn't seem to be listening, and this annoyed her.

When she returned, Marat was deep in conversation with the girls. "Here's your drink," she said.

Marat took it without a word of thanks.

Tasha was sick of him, so she stomped off and went back to the hotel. Alone.

It was early evening and she was bored. Maybe a trip to the hotel bar would take her mind off things...

Tasha sat in a corner of the bar, alone with her glass of wine. She went over to the jukebox to request a song, and spotted a cute lad who was also alone. Their eyes met then the both looked away quickly, feeling shy.

Tasha kept looking over at him, wondering why he was alone. Did he have a partner or was he single..?

She soon found out, when she bumped into him as she walked over to the jukebox again. "Sorry!" she cried.

"It's OK," he said quietly, blushing and looking down at the floor. "You've spilt your drink, I'll buy you another,".

Tasha thanked him and they sat together, chatting. She found out his name was Peter and he was her age, he even lived quite near her, back in the UK. And he didn't have a girlfriend.

"I've never been out with anyone," he blushed, as she looked through his glasses into his lovely eyes. She couldn't help getting turned on.

"I'm married," Tasha admitted. "But my husband isn't very interested in me today!". She ended up telling Peter all about the Enrique business and how she and Marat weren't getting on.

By the end of the evening, Marat still hadn't turned up. Tasha had forgotten about him, as she and Peter were having a good laugh, and had been drinking a lot.

"The bar's closing now," Tasha said sadly. "I don't think I could face going back to Marat tonight,".

Peter gave her a shy smile. "You can stay in my room,' he offered.

Tasha gave him a sexy smile. "OK then!".

That night, Paul was getting ready to go out to Mark's house, and Helen was chatting on the phone in the bedroom.

The twins sat in the lounge, watching TV. "This is boring, let's put on a video," Kris suggested.

"OK, how about 'The Little Mermaid'?" Jamie said.

Kris laughed. "That's for girls! I want to watch 'Scream'".

Jamie looked down at the video selection. "What's this, I haven't seen this one before," he said, picking up a video in a plain red box.

"Put it in and we'll watch it," Kris said.

Nicole knocked on the back door. "Can I come in?" she asked.

"Yes," Jamie said as he opened the door for her.

Nicole looked down at the ground. "Kris, we're still mates aren't we?".

Kris nodded. "Yeah, I suppose so,".

He pressed the play button and they watched the video. "It's mum and dad!" Kris giggled, as the screen showed Helen and Paul in the bathroom.

"Gross, they're going in the bath!" Nicole cried, turning away.

Jamie blushed and pressed fast forwards. "Oh, now they're in their bedroom. What's that they're doing?".

Nicole laughed. "My mum and dad were doing that the other day, weren't they, Jamie? They look like they're having fun!".

At that moment, Helen came into the room. "What the hell?!" she shouted. She quickly turned the video off and grabbed the cassette. "You shouldn't be watching that!".

Paul came in, laughing. "I don't think that was suitable for seven year olds!". He gave Helen a kiss. "I'll see you later, bye bye,". He went out and headed off to Mark's house.

Next door, Heather and Ben were getting ready to go out for their meal. "I'll pop next door and see if Helen can look after Nicole," Heather said, walking down the stairs.

Helen didn't mind. "That's fine,". She smiled. "When Paul get's back tonight I've got some big news to tell him!".

"I have news to tell Ben tonight too," Heather grinned.

"I'm pregnant," both said at the same time, before bursting out laughing.

"I can't believe this!" Heather smiled. "Last time we were pregnant at the same time, now we are again!".

Helen nodded. "I just hope I don't have twins again though, what a handful that would be!".

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>