<fourteen>

<accident.on.the.a1>

Tasha and Peter walked up the stairs of the posh Florida hotel together, on the way to his room. "Where's your husband?" Peter asked nervously. "I don't want him to catch us!".

Tasha rolled her eyes. "He won't care, as he was eying up some girls when I last saw him,".

Just as they approached Peter's room, someone came walking around the corner of the corridor... Marat.

Peter didn't realise, and took Tasha's hand. "Are you ready, darling?".

Marat narrowed his eyes and clutched his tennis racquet tightly. "Tasha...".

Tasha stepped backwards, feeling worried. "Hello Marat," she said quietly.

Peter's face went red and he looked down at the floor.

Marat walked up to him and put a hand firmly on Peter's shoulder. "Trying to steal my girl? She's my wife so back off," he warned, hitting Peter with his racquet.

Peter yelped out in pain then rushed to his room.

Marat put an arm around Tasha. "That creep didn't hurt you, did he?".

Tasha shook her head. "No,".

Marat started walking her back to their own room. "I spotted some ladies I've played tennis with this afternoon and I spent the day playing doubles with them, I'm sorry if you felt left out," Marat explained.

Tasha felt guilty and shook her head. "No, I didn't really mind,".

Marat smiled and gave her a cuddle. "It's late, let's go to bed. After all, we are on our honeymoon!".

Heather arrived at her accountant Colin's house a couple of days later to sort out her court costs. Ben was going to go along but he was on an overnight trip to do some recording.

Colin opened the door with a smile. "Welcome, Heather!" he greeted, letting her inside.

Heather made herself at home and sat herself on the cozy leather sofa. She and Colin had been mates at college and they got on really well. She always felt welcome at his house.

Colin brought a thick folder in and put it on the coffee table. "Let's go over these figures then," he said, putting his glasses on.

They spent the afternoon going over the costs, then it got to dinner time. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" Colin asked. "I'm making chicken roast,".

"Sounds nice, thank you Colin!" Heather said gratefully.

So Heather stayed for dinner. As Ben was away, and Nicole was at her parent's house for the day, she didn't feel like going back to the empty house yet. She was quite enjoying her stay at Colin's...

"Wine?" he offered, holding up a bottle of the finest red wine around.

Heather smiled. "Please,".

A romantic film was coming on the TV so they sat on the sofa, watching it and drinking the wine. They managed to finish up the whole bottle.

"This is a great film," Colin said as he spread his arm out behind Heather.

Heather was feeling a little tipsy after all the wine. "Yeah, great!". She smiled at Colin and their eyes met.

Colin grinned back at Heather, she was turning him on! Without thinking, he leant over and kissed her.

Heather returned the kiss and they snogged on the sofa.

Afterwards, Colin pointed to the stairs. "Well?".

Heather blushed and looked down. "I really can't do this to Ben," she told him. "I cheated on him once and I'm not doing it again,".

Colin nodded. "OK, I understand. I ring for a taxi for you,".

As the taxi drove Heather home, she felt guilty about kissing Colin. "But we didn't go any further," she whispered to herself, glad she had put a stop to things before they had got too far.

A week later, the court case was nearly at an end. Ben and Heather were on their way home from court, talking about it.

"We're doing well, in a couple of days we should have Summer," Ben smiled as he drove into their driveway.

Heather nodded. "Yes, but how will we deal with Nicole? She's not going to be happy,".

"Give her time," Ben replied. "She'll get used to it. Plus we'll have Anthony in a few months too,".

Heather smiled. "Yes, Anthony. Well, that's assuming it's a boy. What are we going to call it if it's a girl?".

Ben paused. "Jasmine? I love that name,".

"Yeah, OK," Heather agreed.

"Ben grinned. "I love it when girls have the name of a flower,". He winked at Heather.

As they got out of the car, Heather spotted Linda and Shane in next doors front garden, waving goodbye to Helen and Paul. "Hi!" Heather called out.

Linda waved and came over. "Hi Heather, how was court today?".

"It went well, the case is finishing in a couple of days,".

"That's good news," Linda smiled. "Shane and I are going out to dinner, want to come along, so we can have a chat and catch up?".

Ben was feeling hungry so he jumped in. "Yes, well come!".

So the four of them went out to find a restaurant. "I'm not in the mood for some fancy place tonight," Linda said as she and Shane sat in the back of Heather's car. "Why don't we have good old fish and chips?".

They all agreed to go to the local Jack's. It wasn't too busy so they got a table and ordered plaice and chips.

"Here's your drinks," said a cute member of staff, who was eying up Linda.

Linda glanced back at him and returned the smile. He was fit!

Shane's mobile went off, it was Mark. "Sorry everyone but we've got a last minute booking for a concert so I have to shoot off!" he said apologetically. "Linda, I'll be back tomorrow night,". He got some money out to help pay for dinner, then soon Mark came to pick him up.

When Shane had gone, Linda turned to Heather. "That waiter's nice," she whispered.

Heather looked over at him and laughed. "Mmmm, he has a nice bum!".

The waiter turned around and noticed Linda. He returned the smile...

The next day, Heather and Ben went into court, but they didn't need Sam there so she was looking after Nicole.

"We're going to take you out for the day," Sam told her as she strapped Nicole into the back of Jonny's sport's car.

Nicole was excited. "Where? Where?!".

Jonny got into the drivers seat and turned around to face Nicole. "We're taking you to Alton Towers!".

Nicole's face lit up. "Cool! I've never been there before,".

"It's a long drive though," Sam warned her. "Here's a couple of colouring books to do on the way.

They started on the long journey, driving up... the A1! "We need petrol," Jonny said as he pulled off the A1 into a service station.

"My legs ache," Nicole complained. "I need to stretch them,".

"Careful!" Sam warned as Nicole jumped out of the car as they parked in the petrol station.

But Nicole was too quick and wasn't looking where she was going. A car drove around the corner and drove straight into Nicole.

Sam stared in horror as Nicole went flying up in the air. "Nicole!" she screamed.

Jonny went rushing over, but Sam stopping him moving her. "Don't, you could do damage,".

They called for an ambulance, then Sam called Heather.

Heather and Ben were sitting in the court room when Heather noticed her mobile flashing on silent. She picked it up and answered it. "Hello?" she whispered.

"Heather!" Sam cried, sounding distraught. "There's been an accident,".

"An accident?!" Heather gasped, making everyone in court turn and look.

"Nicole's been hit by a car, she's unconscious!" Sam continued. "We're on the A1 services by junction 13,".

"We're coming right now," Heather said, grabbing Ben's hand. "Your honour," she called out to the judge. "Our daughter had been hit by a car, we have to go!".

"Alright, court adjourned until tomorrow," Judge Geraci said, banging the gavel as Ben and Heather rushed out to their car.

"Nicole!" Heather cried, tears streaming down her face. "Oh God, what if she's hurt! Oh Ben...".

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>