<fifteen>

<paul.finds.out>

Heather and Ben stood together looking over their daughter. She lay perfectly still in the hospital bed, with tubes all over her which linked her to numerous machines.

"She's still critical, but she's responding well to treatment," the doctor told them with a serious face. "She's likely to make a full recovery eventually, but she could be in hospital for quite some time,".

Ben squeezed Heather's hand and gave her a reassuring look. "Do you hear that? She'll get better,".

Heather nodded, she still couldn't take her eyes off Nicole, who looked so pale and weak.

The doctor left the room and Sam walked in, along with Jonny. They were holding a big bunch of flowers. "These are for Nicole, how is she?" Sam asked, placing the flowers on the bedside table.

Ben glared at Sam and Jonny. "This is your fault!" he cried, pointing a finger at them. "If you'd been looking after her properly...".

Heather put a hand on Ben's shoulder. "Calm down!" she instructed. "It was an accident, you can't blame Sam and Jonny,".

Ben shrugged and walked out of the room.

Heather apologised to them on Ben's behalf. "He didn't mean to be nasty or anything... he's just really upset over Nicole,".

"I know," Sam nodded. "I can understand,".

The next morning, Helen and Paul were loading up their car, ready for a week's holiday in Spain. Helen was due some holiday leave and Paul had no band commitments for the week. They had sent the twins to Helen's parents so they could spend the week alone.

"I forgot our passports," Helen said. "Can you go and get them? They're in the kitchen cabinet,".

Paul nodded and walked indoors.

In the front garden next door, Ben was mowing the lawn. "Helen," he called out.

Helen went over to the fence so she could see him. "Hi Ben,".

Ben handed her a CD. "Heather borrowed it from you and she's finished with it now," he said. "So, off to Spain for a week,".

Helen smiled. "Yes, I'm really looking forwards to it. Paul said I needed to relax after everything that happened, you know. The plane crash...".

Ben sighed. "Yeah... did he ever find out about your night with Stuart?".

Paul came out of the door holding the passports. He saw Helen and Ben talking so he stood in the porch, listening to what they were saying.

"No, Paul never found out," Helen said. "But it was only two or three times, it was only a bit of a fling,".

Paul's mouth dropped open in shock. Helen had an affair???

"Oh, I thought it was that one night," Ben said.

Helen shook her head. "Well he led me on and I really couldn't stop myself the other couple of times. But the day of the plane crash we had a row, he showed his true colours. What a pig! I'm kind of glad he died, it's all over now. He's gone and I can concentrate on Paul, he's the one I really love,".

"I can't say I agree with affairs," Ben told her. "Well, I had one night with Lucy, I know... but that was all. Anyway, it's all over now, I hope you and Paul are happy,".

"Oh, we are!" Helen smiled. "We have the baby on the way... well I went to the doctor yesterday for a checkup and I found out...". She turned around and saw Paul in the porch. "Paul's back, I'll see you later,".

Ben said goodbye and Helen walked back to the car. She continued to load suitcases into the car.

Still in shock, Paul walked over and handed her the passports. "Keep these safe," he told her.

Helen nodded. "I'm just popping inside to get my handbag,".

When Helen had gone, Paul went over to talk to Ben. "What's this about Helen having an affair?!".

Ben stepped backwards, surprised. "How do you know?".

"I overheard your conversation," Paul said. He blinked away a tear. "She had an affair with Stuart, that pilot?".

Ben nodded. "Yes, but it's all over now,".

"Duh, well he's dead!". Paul looked down at the ground. "I can't believe it,".

Ben gave Paul a hug. "Don't let it get to you. We all make mistakes, remember you and Heather?".

Paul nodded. "Yeah..." he trailed off.

"I forgave Heather after her affair," Ben said. "And I'm glad I did. I don't know what things would be like now if I hadn't taken her back. Helen's really guilty about it, she's so sorry,".

"Yeah," Paul said softly. He saw Helen come back out. "I'll see you next week Ben, thanks for telling me,".

"That's OK, have a nice time,".

Sam opened the front door of the new house she shared with Jonny to let Tasha inside. "Hi, come inside," she said.

Sam had invited some friends over for a girls night in. Jonny was away at a rugby training session so he wasn't there.

Solma, Linda and Heather had already arrived, they were sitting in the living room, eating a tube of pringles in front of the TV.

"Ricky's in New York at the moment for the MTV awards," Solma told the others. "I really miss him,".

"I miss Shane too," Linda added. "He's at home in Sligo at the moment. I'm joining him next week,".

"How are your pregnancies going?" Tasha asked as she took off her jacket and sat down on an armchair.

Heather smiled. "Only eight months until Anthony joins the world," she exclaimed.

"Have you decided on Anthony as the name then?" Sam asked as she put a pringle in her mouth.

"Yes, unless it's a girl of course," Heather said. "Anthony Adams,".

"Ricky and I are naming our son Enrique Junior, since that's Ricky's full first name," Solma spoke up. "It's definitely a boy,".

"I'm having a boy too," Linda said. "I want it to have an unusual name, something a bit different...".

Sam pushed the tube of pringles away, she was feeling sick. "Hmmm, I don't know what I'd call my child... if I ever have children that is. I suppose I might one day in the future,". She walked out of the room to get some drinks and passed a mirror. "I need to lose a few pounds," she murmured to herself as she glanced at her reflection.

The evening passed quickly and it was soon nine o clock. "I've got to go, I said I'd make dinner for Marat, he'll be home soon," Tasha said. "Thanks for inviting me over Sam,".

Tasha drove home and pulled up outside the house in South London she shared with her new husband Marat. She dashed down the path trying to avoid the rain that dropped from the darkened sky. Outside a posh looking sports car was parked. "Whose is that?" Tasha wondered to herself.

She soon found out. At her a doorstep stood a good looking man who was ringing the bell.

"Hello,' Tasha said, making him jump.

"Hi, you must be Tasha," he said, shaking her hand. "You might remember me from tennis tournaments, I'm Jan," he said in a sexy American accent. His full name was Jan Michael Gambill and he was a famous tennis player.

Tasha nodded. "Yeah, hi Jan,".

"I'm here to pick up my tennis racquet, I left it over here when I was practising with Marat a few days ago,".

"Come in," Tasha invited as she unlocked the door. "I'll find it for you,". She invited Jan to sit in the lounge as she went to fetch the racquet.

"Here you go," she said as she handed it to him. "Why don't you stay for a cup of coffee,".

"Thanks," Jan said, flashing her a sexy grin.

Tasha made him a coffee then started to make dinner for Marat and herself. It was a microwavable dish because she didn't like cooking, but Marat wouldn't know that.

It got to nearly half past nine and Marat still wasn't home. Tasha called him up. "Where are you?".

"I won't be back until tomorrow morning," Marat said, before hanging up.

Tasha threw the phone down in anger. "He really annoys me sometimes!" she yelled at the top of her lungs.

Jan put an arm around her. "Don't get upset about it,".

"Now I have a dinner which is going to waste,".

Jan smiled. "It smells good, mind if I eat it with you?".

Tasha returned the smile. "That's OK,".

She turned the TV on as a Formula 1 race was starting up and they ate in the living room. "You like F1 too?" Tasha asked Jan.

"I love it!" he told her. "Mmm, this tastes good. You're a great cook!".

Tasha blushed, knowing it was all microwaved. "Thanks!".

Jan snuggled up on the sofa next to Tasha. "Are you still upset Marat didn't come back tonight?".

Tasha turned to face Jan and shook her head. "Not really...".

Helen and Paul were now in Barcelona and had spent the day sightseeing and shopping. It was now night time and they were taking a moonlit stroll along a deserted beach.

"I had a lovely time today," Helen said as she held Paul's hand. "I hope the kids are behaving well at my parents house,".

Paul was deep in thought over the affair. "Hmmm," he nodded, not really listening.

Helen sat down on the sand, pulling Paul down with her. "Me amor tu," she breathed, pulling him into her arms.

Paul couldn't keep quiet any longer. "Yo sé que tuve una aventura amorosa con Stuart,".

Helen gasped in shock, hearing the words 'Stuart' and 'adventura', which meant 'affair'. "You know?".

"Yes," Paul said with a serious face.

Helen started to cry, tears spilling from her eyes. "I'm so sorry! Paul, I can begin to tell you how sorry I am,".

Paul hugged her and wiped away your tears. "I know your sorry," he whispered, pulling her close.

"You must hate me now," Helen sobbed.

"No I don't," Paul assured her. "I'm annoyed that you were unfaithful to me, but I know how sorry you are and it's all over now,".

Helen faced him and looked into Paul's deep green eyes. "I've been just as bad in the past," Paul said. "Let's put it all behind us and concentrate on the baby,". He put his hand on Helen's stomach and smiled.

Helen smiled back. "That's not our baby,".

"Huh?". Paul was confused.

"It's our babies,". She held his hand. "I'm having twins again!".

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>