<sixteen>

<babies.babies.babies>

"Here they are, look! Awww!".

Several months had passed and now Linda and Solma were proud mothers, showing off their babies to the others.

Heather smiled as she took Solma's baby son and held him. "Hello Enrique!" she said as she stroked his soft head.

Solma grinned. "He's adorable, isn't he,". Her son's full name was Enrique Walker Martin.

But Linda's son had a rather... different name. "Sligo Ranger Filan," Linda told everyone as she held her son wrapped up in a warm blanket.

Shane was by her side and nodded. "We were at a football match between Sligo and Queens Park Rangers on the day he was conceived, those are our favourite teams," he explained.

Ben laughed as he took Sligo from Linda. "He's a beautiful little boy," he gushed. He glanced at Heather. "Our Anthony is going to be a beautiful baby too,".

Heather nodded and laughed. Their baby was due sometime in the next couple of weeks, and so were Helen's twins.

Linda was being very quite. "Are you OK?" Solma whispered, concerned.

Linda shook her head. "No not really. You see, I've been on the waiting list for a very important job position for the past two years and I've finally been accepted. But now I've got Sligo I can't take it. I want this job so badly!".

"Can't you take the job part time or wait until Sligo's a bit older?" Solma suggested.

"No, I've got to take it full time straight away or not at all. I'm starting to wish I hadn't got pregnant, it's ruined everything," Linda sighed.

"I'll help you," Solma said. "I do child minding so I can take care of Sligo for the next few years,".

Linda smiled. "Could you? Oh thanks Solma!".

Ben handed Sligo back to Linda. "Isn't Sam here today?" he said to Heather.

"No, she's feeling sick," Heather informed him. "She's been ill for some time now but she refuses to go to the doctor. I hope she's OK,".

"Oh, poor Sam," Ben said. "Look, I got a call from Nick last night, he's setting off for Florida tomorrow morning so he won't be seeing Summer for a long time again. I thought we could take her to see him to say goodbye,".

Heather nodded. "OK then,". Since winning the court case, Summer had been living with Heather and Ben and now Nick was moving back to America.

"But we mustn't forget to visit Nicole," Heather added. Nicole had nearly recovered from the accident now but was still in hospital.

"OK then, and that reminds me," Ben laughed. "I've got to buy her some chocolate buttons, she keeps pestering me to buy her some!".

So the following morning, Ben and Heather drove down to Bournemouth with Summer so she could say goodbye to Nick. Despite him not being her father, she was still close to him and missed him a lot, along with her brother Bryan.

They parked outside the house and walked up the path. Nick was loading up the car with he and Bryan's belongings. "Hi," he said.

"Hi Nick," Ben said as Summer rushed over to give Nick a hug.

"Are you having a nice time with uncle Ben and auntie Heather?" Nick asked her.

Summer nodded. "Yes!".

"That's good," Nick said, wiping away a tear. He would really miss Summer. "Anyway honey, me and Bryan are leaving today so we won't see you for a while. Carry on being a good girl and maybe you can come and visit us in sunny Florida,".

Bryan wandered out of the house and saw Summer. His face lit up and he rushed over to her.

Heather took the kids down to the beach while Ben helped Nick load up the car. "Why don't you kids make sand castles," Heather suggested as she handed them a bucket and two spades. She sat on the sand and shuddered. It was same beach where Lucy had died nearly a year ago.

"I can hear Nick calling, we'd better go back," Heather said as she took Bryan's hand.

Summer was smiling and waving at what appeared to be thin air. "Let me say goodbye to mummy first," she whispered. "Bye bye mummy, I love you,".

Heather took Summer's hand and led her back up the cliff-path. "Mummy's gone, remember?" she said softly.

"No, she was there just now, on the beach. She was talking to me, telling me to be a good girl and behave well,".

Heather gasped. "You must be imagining things...". But had Summer really seen Lucy's ghost..?

Summer said her goodbyes to Nick and Bryan, then Ben and Heather drove her back home. "We've got to visit Nicole in hospital so auntie Tasha is going to look after you," Heather explained to Summer.

She and Ben dropped Summer off at Tasha's house, then set off towards the hospital.

Meanwhile, Sam was at a big rugby match in Twickenham with Jonny. But it was no ordinary match...

It was England V Germany and Jonny was playing. The person who was due to sing the national anthem at the start of the match had called in sick so a replacement was needed.

"You can sing," Jonny said to Sam. "You have a beautiful voice,".

Sam blushed. "Thanks. I've got a bit of a dodgy stomach but I think I could manage it...".

Jonny grinned. "Thanks Sam!".

Half an hour later, Sam was standing on the centre of the pitch in front of several thousand people and national TV cameras, dressed in a posh black velvet dress. The crowd cheered as she began to sing the national anthem.

Jonny watched from the side lines, smiling proudly. She was doing a great job.

At the end, Sam hit a high note. But she didn't stop. The pains in her stomach were growing the the high note became a cry of pain.

Jonny watched in shock, knowing Sam must be in pain. He ran onto the pitch and picked Sam up. "I'm taking you to first aid," he announced as Sam dropped her microphone on the mud and started crying out louder.

"It hurts! It hurts!" she cried as Jonny rushed her to the side lines, her dress flowing in the wind.

A team of first aid people were at the side lines. They took Sam into the dressing room and gave her oxygen.

"It seems like you're going into labour," the head first-aider said to Sam.

Sam gasped. "What?!".

At the same time, Helen and Paul were spending a quiet lunchtime at home. The twins were at a friend's house so they had the place to themselves.

"Let's watch a video," Helen suggested. "There's nothing on TV,".

Paul agreed so he went over to the shelf of videos. His lips curled into a smile as he spotted a video in a plain red case. "We haven't watched this in a while,".

Helen blushed as she realised what it was. It was their own 'movie'.

Paul put the video into the player and pressed play. He snuggled up to Helen and they began to watch.

"I really enjoyed making that," Helen grinned.

Paul smiled and placed a hand on her rather large stomach. "I think that was the night we 'made' our babies,".

Helen went into the kitchen then returned a few moments later with two cups of coffee and a can of cream. "Thanks babe," Paul said as he took his coffee. "What's the cream for?".

Helen took the can and shook it up. "You can have it on your coffee... or you can have it on me,".

Paul laughed and grabbed the can from her. He took the lid off and sprayed it at Helen.

Helen cried out and ducked down. She tried to grab the can back.

Before long, Both of them were covered in cream. "Ugh, what a mess!" Paul laughed as he gave Helen a cuddle.

"We could take a bath to get cleaned up," Helen suggested.

Paul liked the idea so they went up to the hot tub. But before they had even got undressed, Helen cried out. "Paul!" she yelled. "I think the babies are on the way!".

Heather and Ben were also in a passionate mood that day. They were in the hospital and had just spent time with Nicole. Now they were in a private room with the door locked.

Ben kept eying Heather up as she was wearing a short lacy dress. "As much as I love that dress, I want to see you out of it," he grinned as he edged closer to her.

Heather grinned as she unbuttoned his shirt. "Go on, undress me,".

Ben ripped the dress off her and they fell onto the sofa. "You did lock the door didn't you?" Heather said as she ran her fingers through Ben's glossy hair.

"Yes, of course I did," Ben whispered into her ear. "Mr B. is waiting for you,".

"Oooooh!" Heather cried. "Don't make him wait any longer,".

They spent some time in the room, then Ben stood up and put his clothes back on. "I'm hungry, I'm going to get some lunch,".

Heather yawned. "Go on then darling, I'll wait here with Nicole,".

Ben went off and Heather got dressed. She went down the corridor and back into Nicole's room.

But before she could walk through the door, she dropped to the ground. "Eeeek!".

A nurse was passing and she knelt down beside Heather. "What's wrong? Doctor! Come quick!".

"I think I'm going into labour!" Heather yelled. "Get Ben! I want him here with me!".

Helen let out a final cry then sighed in relief. "Is that it?".

Paul took her hand and smiled. "Yes honey. It's all over. Look at our two beautiful sons,".

Helen looked at the nurse who held a tiny little boy, and Dr. Batney who held the other. "Paul, are we going to keep the names we agreed on?".

Paul nodded. "Yes, if you want to,".

Helen took one of the babies and Paul took the other. "Welcome to the world, Stuart Richard Marazzi," she said to her son, who was asleep in her arms.

The baby Paul held was crying. "Hello there, Michael Marazzi,". He glanced at Helen. "We haven't got a middle name for him,".

Helen smiled at Dr. Batney. "You've been a great help during both of my pregnancies, doctor," she told him. "So Michael's middle name is going to be Batney, after you,".

Dr. Batney blushed. "That's very nice of you Mrs Marazzi, thank you! I believe one of your friends is here and has also just had a baby,".

Helen smiled. "What Heather? Wow, on the same day as me!".

Dr. Batney shook his head. "No, her name is Samantha,".

Helen was puzzled. "Sam?".

There was knock at the door. Paul opened it to see... Sam in a wheelchair, holding a pretty little baby girl in her arms. Jonny was with her, smiling proudly.

"I didn't know you were pregnant!" Helen blurted out.

Sam laughed. "Nor did I!". She yawned wearily. "This is Belle Jasmine Winnie Wilkinson,".

They chatted and looked at the babies for some time, then were interrupted by... Ben. "Heather's just given birth," he announced. He laughed. "Wow, four babies in one day!".

Jonny wheeled Sam into Heather's room, Paul and Ben also with them. Heather was sitting up in bed with a cot by her side.

"It took four hours," she sighed. "I've never been in such pain!".

"Awww, Anthony's so sweet," Paul said as he looked into the cot.

Heather and Ben glanced at each other. "'He' is actually a 'she'," Heather laughed. "We named her Rosie Anita Lucy Adams,".

Ben stroked his daughters tiny hand softly. "We named her Rosie because..." he blushed. "The roses,".

"Shhh, that's our little secret!" Heather hissed. "Her middle names are named after Ben's mum and sister,".

Through the door walked Christian, Naomi, Mark and Sarah. Mark was holding a camera. "Let me take some photos of the new parents with their babies,".

"OK, let's get everyone in one room," Ben said. He looked over at Heather and smiled. "Our new daughter is beautiful," he whispered. "But not as beautiful as you,".

Heather gave him a kiss. "Thanks Ben,". She laughed. "The labour was painful, I was a bit nervous about it, but you made it amazing for me, so thank you very much!".

Ben laughed and squeezed her land. "No problem baby, I love you,".

"I love you too," Heather whispered before giving Ben a kiss.

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>