<seventeen>

<a.happy.ending>

"And the winner is... a1!".

Ben, Mark, Christian and Paul proudly walked onto the stage at the Brit awards. This was their fifth award of the night.

"Wow, Best British Band, what can I say!" Mark cried as he held up their shiny award. They had already won Best Single, Best Video, Best Pop Act and Best Album. "This is such an honour!".

Heather sat in the audience at a table, with their three daughters by her side. She clapped and cheered loudly for Ben, feeling so proud of him.

Helen, Naomi and Sarah were also there, cheering for the boys. It had been a fantastic evening and the lads hadn't even performed yet.

Ben had tears in his eyes as he took the microphone. "This means an awful lot to me," he said. "I want to take this chance to thank all of our loyal and dedicated fans for supporting us over the years. I also want to thank our management team for being brilliant, and of course our families and friends,". He looked out into the audience and glanced at Heather. "I dedicate this award to my lovely wife Heather for always being there for me. I love you baby, and the girls too,".

The crowd applauded as the lads made their way back to the table. As soon as they got back, Heather gave Ben a kiss. "That was sweet," she blushed.

Ben smiled at her. "We've got to go and get ready for the performance," he said. "We're performing the song I wrote for you,!".

The four of them went backstage and ten minutes later started to perform the song, which was called 'Girl of my Dreams'.

Ben sang lead vocals on the track, which was a mid-tempo number. He stood centre stage looking as hot and sexy as ever wearing black leather tight trousers and a red leather jacket.

"In my dreams I saw a beautiful girl, the most amazing thing in the world. Since we met my life has been complete, you made the dream reality and showed me how to love," Ben sang, looking right at Heather.

"You showed me what my heart was for, how could I ever ask for more? You're the girl of my dreams, you make my life complete...".

As Ben sang, Mark played piano, Christian strummed his guitar and Paul sang some backing vocals.

After the performance, the Brits was over. Not only was it Brits night but also it was Heather's birthday, so Ben had hired the ballroom at a big hotel for a party.

"Where's my birthday present?" Heather demanded as their taxi pulled up outside the hotel. She opened the door and got out, holding Rosie in her carry cot. Summer and Nicole were there too.

Ben gave her a sly smile. "I'll give it to you at bed time!".

They walked into the hotel and went down a corridor to their ballroom. Not long later, everyone else turned up and the party was in full swing.

"Happy birthday!" Sam said to Heather as she passed her a gold box. Heather opened it to find a laptop computer.

"Thanks!" Heather said. "That's 100% brill!". She noticed a diamond ring on Sam's finger. "That's a nice ring. Is there something you're not telling me?".

Sam grinned. "Jonny and I are getting married,".

"Congratulations," Heather said. She then saw Tasha coming along with Jan.

"Hi, Marat couldn't make it so I brought my mate Jan along instead," Tasha said, giving Jan a wink. She gave Heather her present, which was a digital video camera.

Ben came along and saw this. "We can make some movies of our own, like Helen and Paul do," he laughed. He called Nicole over. "Sweetie, since it's your birthday in a few weeks, I got you an early present,". He and Heather led Nicole out into another room. Inside sat a little Chihuahua dog, rolled up in a basket. "He's all yours!".

Heather backed away, she didn't really like dogs. "What are you going to call him?" she asked Nicole.

Nicole rushed over and stroked the puppy. "Anthony," she decided. I wanted a brother... but a dog will do. Thanks dad!".

"I know you don't like dogs," Ben whispered to Heather. "But I hope you like the animal I have waiting for you later!".

Back in the ballroom, Naomi and Christian were dancing together. "Tomorrow is our anniversary," Christian whispered in her ear. "I've booked us tickets to Norway so we can spend a week in our apartment there,".

Naomi smiled. "That's brilliant. But no waffles this time!".

Sarah and Mark were also dancing together. "I'm so proud of you for winning all those awards," Sarah told him.

"Awards mean a lot to me, but my most prized possession is you," Mark told her.

Sarah rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling. "Mark you're the best,".

After that song, the music stopped and Ben appeared at the front of the room on the mini stage. "I can't have a party without karaoke," he announced into a microphone. "First up to perform are Summer and Nicole,".

Summer and Nicole walked onto the stage, looking pretty in matching dresses. "Maybe one day Rosie can join us, when she's older," Nicole said into the mic. "Me and my sister are going to perform 'Bob the Builder', because it's Summer's favourite song,".

It appeared that both girls had inherited their dad's musical genes as they did a great performance. Nicole had got used to Summer being around and they were now quite close.

Ben clapped at the end of the song and presented Nicole with another birthday present- her very own keyboard. She was delighted.

Kris and Jamie were also at the party. They begged Paul to go on stage with them to sing a song. "OK then," Paul agreed. "Lads, we've got two new members in the group,".

The four members of a1 along with Kris and Jamie went onstage and performed 'Celebrate Our Love'. Afterwards, Paul took the twins aside. "Your mum and I have arranged a join birthday party for you two and Nicole next month, it's at a big sports centre in London,".

"Cool!" Kris cried. "I love sport, that's great dad,".

Jamie wasn't so excited. "Oh OK," he said quietly.

Paul handed Jamie as wrapped up present. "You can have this early," he said. "I know you'll like it,".

Jamie's face lit up, it was a kid's cook book and kitchen utensils. "Oh wow, thanks!". He gave Paul a hug.

The party carried on until the early hours. "It's time we put the twins to bed," Helen said to Paul as they slow danced. "Where are they?".

"Kris is over there eating crisps... but I can't see Jamie," Paul said.

Paul went to get Kris while Helen went to search for Jamie. She got worried as he was no-where in sight.

Then she saw him. He was standing behind a curtain with his back to her. "Jamie, bed time!" she said.

Jamie jumped and spun around. He was blushing. "Ok then,".

Helen noticed that he wasn't alone. Holding his hand was... Nicole. She was blushing too. Helen had caught them kissing!

"Goodnight Helen, see you tomorrow," Jamie whispered, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek before leaving with Helen.

The twins weren't the only ones going to bed. Ben and Heather were also calling it a night.

"The girls are asleep," Ben told Heather. "Now I can give you my two presents,".

Heather waited excitedly as Ben got a large box out of the cupboard. there were holes in the top!

Heather opened it to find... a cage. Inside was a furry, slinky animal.

"It's a ferret," Ben told her. "As you don't like dogs I though you'd like him. He may be calm at the moment but he can get quite wild!".

Heather laughed. "I'm going to name him Mr B!".

Ben giggled. "Great name! You can see the other Mr B in a moment,".

Heather looked at Ben. "Where's my other present?".

Ben opened the ferret's cage and pointed to the food dish. "Look in there,".

Heather carefully put her hand in the cage and dug around in the dish. She pulled out... a gold ring.

"It's got our names engraved on it," Ben told her. He looked into Heather's eyes. "We've been together nine years and my love for you grows every day. I want to show you how much I love you,".

Heather feel into his arms and they hugged. "Thankyou Ben, you know I love you too,".

They undressed and got into bed. As they snugged up together, Ben sang. "And I know, there is nothing that I would not do for you. Forever be true and I know, although times may be hard we will see it through...".

Heather finished him off. "...I'm forever in love with you,".

<back.to.story.index>