<three>

<she's.dead>

"Cool party," Linda said to Lucy as she and Shane entered Lucy and Nick's new house where the party had just began.

"Thanks," Lucy said. "Come in, most people are here now,". Lucy was glad that just about all of her friends were there. She wanted them all to she her beautiful new house that she was so proud of. It was on the coast, right on the edge of a cliff that overlooked the sea.

"Hi Luce!".

Lucy looked around to see Mark and the other members of Westlife, who had come along with Shane. "Hope you don't mind us coming along!".

Lucy smiled. "Of course not, as long as you boys perform a couple of songs!".

In the spacious living room, people were dancing and chatting. The kids were all in the conservatory, giggling over a video they were watching on the large wide-screen TV.

Linda handed Lucy a bottle of Champagne. "Thanks! That's lovely," Lucy smiled.

"Shane and I have something to celebrate," Linda grinned. "I'm pregnant,".

"That's wonderful news!" Lucy said. "Congratulations,".

A few moments later, Solma and Ricky walked through the door, they were just back from their honeymoon. They were with Tasha and Marat, who had got back together.

Linda told them her good news. "I'm expecting a baby too!" Solma cried. "They must be due around the same time!".

"Thought of any names?" Linda asked.

"Hmmmm, well Ricky likes the name Enrique," Solma said. "As Enrique is his full name...".

Tasha made a face, thinking of her ex Enrique. "Marat, I'm going to talk to Sam," she said, rushing off.

Sam was in the kitchen eating crisps with Helen and Paul. "Hi," Tasha said as she took a seat with them. "Where's the kids?".

"Playing in the conservatory," Helen said, picking up a pringle and putting it in her mouth.

Naomi and Christian were also in the kitchen, helping themselves to drinks. "How about a walk along the beach later if we get bored?" Christian whispered in a sexy voice.

Naomi smiled back at him. "Oh yeah,".

The evening passed quite quickly. The kids showed no sign of getting tired, they continued to play and mess around. "What are you doing there?" Helen asked Kris as she saw him crouching behind a chair, Nicole by his side.

"Shhhh mum, we're playing hide and seek!" he hissed.

Helen smiled. "Oh, OK...".

Becky was looking for the other kids who were hiding. "I see you!" she cried as she spotted Jamie under the coffee table.

"Awww," Jamie said sadly, getting up and walking over to her.

"Ha ha, loser!" Kris giggled, laughing at his brother for losing the game.

Jamie heard him and got upset. "Shut up!".

The boys started to fight. "Stop!" Helen shouted, tearing them apart. "Jamie, go and play with Bryan,".

Jamie wandered off to find Bryan while Kris stood with his arms folded, annoyed about being told off.

Heather had seen the fight and came along. "Why were they fighting, mum?" Nicole asked her.

"I think Jamie feels left out," Heather explained. "You should include him in your games more,". Heather suspected that Jamie fancied Nicole and was jealous of his brother.

The game continued and Nicole went and hid in the lounge behind the sofa. She sat impatiently, looking around the room. She spotted Summer, who was with Ben. He was helping Summer build a lego tower.

Nicole narrowed her eyes as she saw how closer her dad was getting to Summer. She couldn't help feeling jealous.

Bored of the game, Nicole stood up and walked over to them. "Dad?" she said, pulling on Ben's shirt. "Dad?".

"One moment sweetie," Ben said, not even turning around to look at her.

In frustration, Nicole hit Summer. "He's my daddy!" she shouted angrily.

Ben was not pleased. "Nicole!" he yelled, smacking her backside. "You naughty girl!".

Heather and Lucy had both seen what had happened. Lucy looked over at Heather and gave her an evil look. Heather stared back and returned the evil glare. Memories were coming back, of when Ben and Lucy had been involved...

Lucy looked away and lowered her head. "Summer, come to mummy," she called out.

Crying, Summer ran over and fell into Lucy's arms.

Heather stood up and walked over to Ben. "Nicole, come here," she said, taking Nicole's hand. "Ben, look what you've done, you've upset her!".

"I'm sorry Heather," he said apologetically.

"It's not me you should apologise to, it's our daughter," Heather said sternly.

Ben looked at Nicole's tear-filled eyes. "I'm sorry honey," he said, ruffling her dark hair.

Now everyone had calmed down and went back to enjoying themselves. "Sing something," Helen said to the lads.

Ben, Mark and Paul stood up and switched the karaoke on. "I don't know where Chris is..." Paul started.

"He's on the beach with Naomi," Sarah grinned.

Paul laughed. "OK, we'll have to sing his parts. OK lads, let's do 'Scared',".

Everyone danced as the boys sang, then afterwards the members of Westlife took over the mics to sing Lucy's favourite song, 'Flying Without Wings'. She held Summer in her arms as she watched with a smile, forgetting all about the trouble between Summer and Nicole.

After the song, Lucy put the CD player back on. "That was brilliant guys," she said to the band. She then saw Nick coming along and smiled. "Hello honey, where have you been?".

"I was with Bryan, he's getting tired. I think we should put him to bed,".

Lucy nodded. "OK, I'll take him up,". She found Bryan sitting alone in the conservatory. "Come on baby, bed time,".

Without a word, Bryan let Lucy pick him up and carry him upstairs.

Lucy lay Bryan in his cot. "Mummy sing you to sleep?" she said, crouching beside him. Downstairs she could hear 'Scared' being played so she sang that. "The one thing that I'm scared of is losing hold of you...".

Bryan's face lit up and he gurgled happily.

Meanwhile downstairs, Nick approached Ben. "What's up with Summer, I heard that your daughter hit her," he said.

Ben looked back at Nick, angrily. "Yes, that's right,".

"Learn to control your daughter!" Nick shouted. "Poor Summer, I never knew Nicole could be so vicious,".

Ben was getting annoyed. "Leave my daughters alone!" he cried.

Nick looked at him with wide eyes. "You only have one daughter," he said.

"Summer's mine," Ben said, leaving Nick standing speechless in shock.

Heather had heard this and looked at Nick. He looked back at her and she turned away.

Nick rushed towards the stairs. "I need to talk to Lucy," he announced. Ben and Heather rushed after him.

Lucy was on the bedroom balcony, holding Summer. She heard footsteps and turned around. Standing right in front of her were Ben and Heather who had serious faces, and Nick who looked angry.

"Is this true?!" Nick cried, making Summer start crying. "That Ben is Summer's father?".

Lucy started shaking, feeling nervous. She passed Summer to Heather and looked down. "I'm sorry Nick, I'm so sorry...".

"How could you!" Nick yelled.

"It was one off," Lucy explained. "It was a long time ago,".

"All this time you lead me to believe I was her dad..." Nick was upset as well as angry, tears filling his eyes.

"Stop crying Summer, It's OK," Lucy said to her daughter, who was sobbing into Heather's shoulder.

"I can't believe this," Nick continued, moving closer to Lucy, making her back away.

"I'm sorry. Nick, you know I love you..." Lucy said, trying to back away but she was now leaning against the edge of the balcony. Down below, the sea sparkled in the moonlight.

Heather noticed the back of the balcony wasn't secure and it was wobbling. "Watch out Lucy..." she warned, getting worried.

Ben and Nick hadn't noticed this. "Let's go in, Summer's upset," Ben pointed out.

Lucy looked at him and gave him a grateful smile. "Summer...".

Before she could say anything else, the back of the balcony gave way and she fell backwards.

Ben, Nick and Heather all looked down helplessly as Lucy fell straight down, towards the sea. "Lucy!" they all cried.

"Mummy!" Summer squealed, reaching her arm out but it did no good.

"Oh my God," Nick said, his hand flying to his mouth. He then turned and fled downstairs and outside.

Heather and Ben followed, still holding Summer. "Oh no!" Heather cried, feeling sick.

The party guests noticed them running and knew something must have happened. They all followed and went down to the beach.

The scene on the beach was chaos. "What's happened?" Tasha cried as Marat hugged her.

"Lucy fell off the balcony," Heather cried.

"Where is she?" Nick screamed as he and Ben searched for Lucy.

"I think I can see something in the sea..." Christian said slowly as he and Naomi joined everyone. "We heard a cry and saw a big splash...".

"Let's take a look," Mark said, taking off his shoes and going into the water with Christian.

Everyone watched in horror as they dragged Lucy out of the water.

"I'll check the pulse," Helen offered.

Sarah was crying so Mark went and hugged her. "Don't cry," he said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Helen looked up at the crowd with a long face. "She's dead," she announced.

Everyone went silent, no-one knew what to say.

It was Summer who broke the silence. "Mummy, I want mummy," she whimpered.

Heather looked at her sadly and gave her a cuddle. "Mummy's not coming back,".

>>>>>

<back.to.story.index>