Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Involuntary Tears
Rated: PG
Writer: Achicagoil

Disclaimer: This is a very sad Sailor Pluto story. I hope you people appreciate it, because it took me fifteen minutes to remember, 'involuntary,' because it left my mind. Thanks to Limi-chan, Pest-chan, and many more on the ASMR message board. I don't own Sailor Pluto, but I do own my own little version of Lord Chronos. Also, I base this off of the manga. Also, King Doyle has such a name because 'Doyle' means 'Prince of Time.'


Sailor Pluto walked over to her normal station at the Time Gates. For longer than she wanted to count, she had been guarding the gates. 'Ever sense I was two, this curse was bestowed upon me,' Setsuna thought to herself, as she opened up a portal that had caused her so many tears over her lifetime.

It had been twenty years. For twenty years now, she had known of the future of the Moon Kingdom. For twenty years now, she had known of the future to come, the past that had happened, and anything else that was happening in the present. From the day she was born, to the moment she was at now, Sailor Pluto had hated her life.
The once was serene guardian of time had lost her wits. The second she had seen the remains of the Moon Kingdom, she had dropped down to a fallen pillar, sat down, and started to cry. She cried for the lives lost in the battle. She cried for her Princess and Queen. She cried for the remains of the beautiful palace that had only recently been perfected. And she cried for herself.
At the age of two, she had been very mature, with a vocabulary higher than most. It was known that every millennium a pureblood Plutonian was born. And every thousand years, a new guardian of time and a sailor senshi was born. Queen Charon of Pluto had married Kind Doyle of Charon, in which, was still part of the planet Pluto. As a result, Setsuna was born.
Also, at age two, Setsuna started to experience recurring nightmares of a beautiful lady with silver hair in two ponytails flashing out a bright, white light, and killing a black light hitting people around her. Around the pretty lady had been seven girls in sailor fuka, a girl in a white dress with blonde ponytails, and a man in black armor with black hair. Then, she would wake up. Setsuna would keep this to herself, but what had happened ripped through her, and it was a hard task to take.
One day, as Grandma Akiko was visiting from 'a far away place,' Setsuna had been sitting in her nursery. She had been telling one of her stuffed animals about her dream when Grandma Akiko walked in on the girl. The next thing Setsuna could remember of her childhood, she had met a tall man with dark blackish-greenish hair in black armor. He took her away from her parents, away from her friends, and away from her life.
'I never saw them again,' Setsuna thought bitterly to herself. A week later, Pluto had been invaded by Negaverse soldiers from a far away planet named, "Nemesis," and the Charon Castle and Charon City, the only populated city on Pluto, had been bombed, as was her father's kingdom. There had been no survivors, although Charon Castle still stood.
As Setsuna thought this, a gentle hand fell to her shoulder. Setsuna turned around quickly to see sad, yet gentle, blue eyes. "Get away from me," Setsuna whispered, standing up abruptly and walking away from the stranger. "You trust me, yet you still fear me," he said in a soft tone. "How couldn't I? You took me away from my home. You took me away from my first destiny. You took me away from my life," Setsuna yelled, but then adding quietly, "and you put this ever-lasting curse on me."
He looked on her sadly, but she continued. "I watched the day Serenity was bestowed a curse by Queen Nephrenia. I could have warned them on that. I watched as Baryl formed her troops. I could have warned them on that. I watched as tonight, everybody left down their guard to celebrate the perfection of the Moon Kingdom. I could have warned them about this," Setsuna finished, pointing out to the ruins with her staff.
"It was your destiny!" he replied. "No! My destiny was to die when the Charon Castle was bombed by youma because of Prince Demando. This was not a chosen course for me. It was a planned course. At nights, I know you sit down and map out the next day for me. For once, I would like to go the way I want to," Setsuna yelled out, almost cutting him off. He sighed sadly, and hugged the guardian. "Meioh Setsuna, I am afraid I will not be mapping your destiny anymore," he replied. Setsuna pushed away from him.
"You know your destiny, as does everyone else. It is what you promised the Neo Queen Serenity. You must guard the Gates of Time for all eternity, and when the day Serenity is reborn into her new time. You must watch for her future daughter and befriend her. You must become the responsible Sailor Senshi of Pluto. And you must also be Meioh Setsuna, the Princess of Pluto that we all love. One day, I will return, and take your duties for I too understand that there will never be another full-blooded Plutonian again, but until then, you must be as you swore at age five," Lord Chronos of time commented, before disappearing from sight.
Mist swerved around the black boots of the lonely figure as she walked up to the large, marble gates of Time. Sighing, Sailor Pluto stood just in front of them, waiting for some poor civilian to accidentally pass by, and should they not be worthy, they would only have her deepest pity.
Sailor Pluto smiled as she closed the viewing portal. That had been over three millennia ago, when she had first started her duty. Her princess had been reborn into current time, where as a child Setsuna visited her in her dreams. A sad smile appeared on the lonesome guardian of time as she remembered a few of her visits.
Usagi had just fallen asleep when she was greeted upon a tall, beautiful lady. "Who are you?" the three-year-old inquired. Sailor Pluto smiled that the small child in front of her. "You can call me Sets-chan, Usako," Sailor Pluto replied, before going down upon her knees to talk to the child.

'She had always wondered how she knew to visit Mamoru in the hospital or how she had received her odango hairstyle,' Setsuna thought to herself, before smiling yet again. 'Usagi was almost just like her daughter,' Pluto remarked to her head, before going into yet another flashback.

"Your majesties, if I may, I have a small present for the princess," Sailor Pluto remarked. Neo Queen Serenity had a puzzled look upon her face, while Kind Endymion smiled. "So, it has become time yet again," he replied, chuckling to himself. "What is so funny?" Serenity asked. "Odango Atama no baka! When else do you think Chibiusa is going to get her LunaP?" Sailor Mars asked.
The Queen shot her friend a warning glance, before turning back to Sailor Pluto. "She's in the nursery," Serenity giggled. Setsuna bowed down deeply, before opening a portal, and disappearing. "When do you think she's going to stop bowing down to me?" Serenity asked. "Who, Setsuna? Dream on, Serenity-baka," Mars laughed out.
Chibiusa was sitting in her nursery playing with a small rabbit doll. "What is your usagi's name?" Setsuna asked the child. The three- year-old turned on the older lady. "Who are you and what do you want?" she asked. Setsuna smiled. "You can call me Puu, and I have a present for you," Setsuna replied. She pulled out the small cat toy, and presented it to the child. "OH! It is a kitty just like Luna!" Chibiusa cried out.
"How does it work?" she then asked. "All you have to do is bounce it around, and think of what you want," Setsuna replied, bouncing the toy around like a basketball. It turned into an umbrella and Chibiusa clapped her hands. "Abra kadabra POOF!" Setsuna cried out, opening up the umbrella, followed but a cloud of doves that flew out the window and flowers. "Abra kadabra poof?" the child asked. "Those are the words that make life fun," Setsuna replied, smiling and then giving the toy to the child.

"That seemed so long ago," Setsuna told herself, turning back to her duty. "All of time seems long while you are waiting for it to pass by," a voice said from the mists. "Who is there, and by what means are you here?" Sailor Pluto called out, bracing her staff above her head for attackers.
None came. Instead, a man with dark green hair and bright blue eyes wearing black armor appeared. Tears welled up in Setsuna's eyes, as she stood there in disbelief. "Lord Chronos keeps his promised, Little One. Sailor Pluto can no longer be called 'Time Guardian.' Now go, and become the proud senshi you were always meant to be," Lord Chronos said, opening up a portal to the apartment complex Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru lived in. With tears in her eyes, Setsuna de-henshined, and walked away from the Time Gates for the last time.

*~* Finished *~*