Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Title: Silver Millennium Training Part 2
Author: Artemis Luna Diana
Web Site: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Villa/3319
Rating: G
Type: Love Story b/w Darian and Serena
**************************************

I absolutly adore Haruka, so of course she will be featured in the story. Who would have it any other way? I picked an intersting way of introducing Mamoru, don't you think? Oops! I let the cat out of the bag! Yep! This is his entrance into the story! Anyways, that is enough of me blabbering, so read the story!

Oh yeah, I don't own Sailor Moon, yada yada yada....

**************************************

Lita and Serena were the first onto the training field after lunch; by 1:15 everyone had returned and the trainees were now under the direction of Edmund. Edmund took them to the camp's training pool. First they would be timed on how long they could hold their breath under water, then they would be timed on how long it took them to swim the length of the pool and back, finally they would be allowed to relax in the pool for 30 minutes.

Edmund looked around at the trainees for the two Larak had spoken of. He was looking for some muscular men, because it was rare that women had much endurance in the first year class. He barely glanced at Lita and Serena before moving on in his search. He told the trainees to get in the water and be ready for his signal. Serena and Lita went to the center of the pool with complete confidence. Most everyone else stayed by the edge so they could hang on the wall. With Serena and Lita were seven other trainees who had confidence in their water abilities. Edmund thought that the two Larak spoke of must be in the center grouping and watched that group as he signaled the class underwater.

The pool was 20ft deep. Lita and Serena both kept their eyes open when they went under so Lita saw Serena motion her down towards the bottom. Lita grinned and they swam down farther. They both stopped at about 10ft under and looked up. They had already been under water for 30 seconds and the center group had come up gasping for air and moved to the sides. Only Serena and Lita were in the center and unknowingly the only ones left under the water.

Edmund had looked away from the pool in disgust as every trainee came up for air in about 20 seconds. The trainees were told to get out of the water and line up at the end of the pool. Edmund was still turned away when he heard someone shout, "Hey, I think those two are drowning!" Edmund spun around and looked into the pool. Sure enough their were two figures underwater in the center of the pool. He and some of the staff raced to the side of the pool and were about to jump in, when the two figures moved in a race to get to the top. Both came up gasping for air and laughing. Edmund glanced at his watch. They had been under for almost a minute. The two figures looked around and saw everyone was out of the pool and quickly swam to the side and got out. Edmund was surprised to see two girls emerge from the water.

The two girls were at the back of the line now, so Edmund signaled the trainees to begin. It seemed like each new group went slower across than the last. The fastest time so far was 0:22:46 and Edmund didn't even want to think about the slowest time. The two girls were the odd men out and would be swimmng by themselves. Edmund gestured for them to get ready and then started the clock and the two dived in. Edmund's mouth almost dropped open in shock. Both girls had very powerful strokes and were already at the end of the pool in six minutes. They both slapped the edge of the pool at the same time, 0:13:07. These were the two Larak spoke of Edmund realized. Here he had been looking for a pair of guys and instead he should have been looking for a pair of girls who looked deceptively fragile, well, one of them did.

For the thirty free minutes in the pool, Lita and Serena water wrestled and generally goofed off. They had already become fast friends during the waiting period after the obstacle course. They told each other of their families, leaving out certain parts of course, and of their homes. Serena and Lita were the only trainees moving around in the pool; everyone else was hanging on to the sides or just floating.

This section of the training was usually the longest and the time now read 6:15 PM. The trainees were sent to dinner and told to return to the training field at 6:45 PM.

From 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Garath would be in charge of the new trainees. During the dinner meal, he quizzed Larak and Edmund on the newbies. Both told him that everyone of them was bad except two, but wouldn't say anything more than that. Garath was irritated with his friends for this. He didn't even know what these two looked like and he had really wanted to know before he took them on the training field.

For the last part of the training day, Garath would pit the newbies up against the third year students. He hoped that the two Larak and Edmund spoke of received his two best students from that class, Prince Endymoin and Jeffery. Garath informed the newbies that they would be fighting the third year students. Shock met this announcement and didn't disapear until well after the pairings began to be announced.

Serena and Lita looked at each other and grinned. This was going to be so much fun! their eyes told each other. "Lita Kino will be paired with Jeffery Shido...........Serena Tsukino will be paired with Darian Chiba" Garath called out. He had reached the end of the list and the pairs separated onto different areas of the field. Darian and Jeffery approached Lita and Serena and handed each a sword. Then Darian and Jeffery drew their swords and looked at their opponents. Darian was attracted to the little slip of a girl in front of him and it sparked his temper. She had long legs showed off to an advantage by the short blue shorts she was wearing. Her white shirt was still wet and clung to her body like a second skin. "Don't expect me to go easy on you," he taunted.

Serena found herself attracted to the young man in front of her. His blue eyes were accented by his black hair and seemed to see straight into her. She was irritated by his attitude and her attraction for him. She did her best to cool her rapidly rising temper but failed, and with failure came a brilliant idea. She did her best to look frightened by what he said and purposely jumped and dropped her sword when Lita and Jeffery swords clashed together. She picked it up immediately and held it wrong on purpose. Darian rolled his eyes and easily knocked the sword out of her hands. She picked it back up, holding it wrong again, and stumbled backwards.

Garath happened to glance over and saw what he thought was a frightened, inexperienced girl. He shook his head, he only hoped the girl survived the pairing. Darian couldn't believe how bad the whisp of a girl held her sword. Well, he wasn't suppose to tell her what she was doing wrong, yet, that would come later. Garath continued to watch them and soon felt so sorry for the girl he was tempted to break up the fight when he saw her stance and sword grip change and Darian fall to the ground. Darian looked up in shock, the girl was laughing and his temper went through the roof.

"Never underestimate your opponent." she taunted.

"One trick doesn't consitute a worthy opponent." Darian countered as he stood. The fight began again for real this time. Garath soon realized that the girl was one of the two that Larak and Edmund had spoken of. He knew the second trainee was the girl fighting Jeffery. He had paired up the best of the two classes together and hadn't even realized it. Their fights were the only ones still going on.

Serena had been watching Lita fight as well as fighting Darian. Lita tripped over a rock and Serena smashed Darian's blade away from her with such force Darian fell to one knee and raced to Lita in time to block Jeffery's next attack. Lita recovered in time to see Darian start for Serena.

"Serena! Watch out!" she shouted. Thanks to Lita's timely warning she blocked Darian's attack too. Lita jumped back in the fight and now it was two on two. Garath was surprised and knew his mouth must have dropped open in shock when Serena raced to Lita's aid. The fight was in a stalemate so he called a halt. Serena and Lita turned to each other to inspect wounds much the same as Darian and Jeffery were doing. Garath was now amused with his friends. 'These two are definitely worth watching,' he thought

Everyone was sent off to bed and lights out was at 9:15 PM. Serena waited until 9:30 PM before getting back up and returning to the training field. Her mother had told her to wait on the training field after lights out. She would meet her secret trainers then. Her physical powers weren't the only ones that needed to be trained.

"You are finally here, my kitten."

Serena turned around to face the one who had spoken. "Haruka!" she said joyfully and hugged her friend. "I wondered where you and Michiru disappeared to." she said laughing. "You both are four years, right?"

Haruka nodded. "We are to see to your training."

"Princess, you have grown so much!" Michiru said as she approached.

"Michiru, you know I don't like it when you call me that! Besides, you both are only four years older than me and with the way you talk, I sound like I'm 4 and your 40, instead of 14 and 18!" Serena said laughing at the expression on Michiru's face. Haruka was laughing too and Michiru regarded both before also laughing.

"Shall we begin? Transform into Sailor Moon." Michiru said.

"Moon Eternal, Make-up!"

"Uranus Crystal Power, Make-up!"

"Neptune Crystal Power, Make-up!"

Sailors Neptune and Uranus trained their young charge until midnight before stopping her. "You must sleep now, Serena. Every night we will train you." Sailor Uranus told the exhausted girl and powered down and Sailor Neptune followed suit.

Sailor Moon powered down and hugged her two friends. They were the only other princesses she had ever met and loved both of them dearly. The three returned to their bunks and Serena soon fell into a deep dream-filled sleep. She thought she would have dreamed of home but instead she found herself dreaming of a man with dark black hair and startling blue eyes.

**************************************
So how was that? E-MAIL ME! I crave attention!

It was a little bit longer! You have to admit it! I don't know maybe I am just a person who writes really small chapters or maybe not! who knows I might just have an unbelievably long chapter next time. Is that a prediction of things to come???

I want to thank everyone who has e-mailed me so far! Thanks everyone!

Also, after recieving e-mails wondering if I am gal or guy, I am happy to inform you that 'Artemis Luna Diana' is a girl! Yea!

~Artemis Luna Diana~