Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Epilogue
In the Basement


So what remained was left up to the Marines. The last final gasp of the rebelion was destroyed in a flash of LAU-61 rockets and hellfire missiles from Apache and Comanche attack helocopters. Mavericks, Rockeyes, and iron bombs fell from USMC F/A-18s and AV-8B Harriers, as well as Japanese jF-4Es and F-1s. Rebel positions were softened by Tomahawk Cruise missiles and shells from guided missile destroyers, submarines, and cruisers. Columns of M1A3 Abrams, M2/M3 Bradleys, M113s, and Type 74 Main Battle Tanks landed on the beaches of Urup from LCAC hovercraft and Tarawa-class assault carriers.
With their forces so decimated by the original assault from CVN-74, the rebels were quickly swept from the sky without missiles for the few aircaft they had remaining. Their tanks and armored vehicles, once division strength, had been whittled down to only a few poorly equipped companys. The T-80s and BMP-3s where quickly decimated by the overpowering force of American and Japanese armor.
By the thirtieth hour of Operation: Eaglestrike, the ground war, rebel soldiers were laying down their weapons and coming out with arms raised in surrender. They would be handed back over to Russia and processed as criminals.


White House

“Are you sure you can’t come?” Shepherd asked Mina as they and First Lady Maryanne Shepherd where having lunch together.
“I’m posative. Amy’s ship arrives in port the day we would have to leave.” Mina shrugged, “As much as I would love to ride the real Air Force One, I’ll have to take a rain check.”
“Think of the votes. ‘Mina Aino goes to China with President Shepherd...’”
“I don’t think so, Mr. President. My friends are much to valuable to me. I’d rather the headline read ‘Mina Aino greets seamen after return from Kuril Crisis.’ That is much more appealing.”
“Suit yourself.” POTUS smirked. “When do you leave for Los Angeles?”
“Tomorrow night.” Mina smiled. “I’m assuming you heard about HB-803?”
“So it did leak out?”
“Yep. Due to a thurough lack of public support, it’s been withdrawn.”
“Good!” Shepherd said before wiping his mouth.
“Honey, that’s fantastic.” Maryanne smiled. “Yet another toast to give at the annual arts convention next month.”
“Do we have to go to that?” Shepherd reddened. He returned his attention to Mina, having just remembered something. “Oh, I’ve been thinking, the Republicans are right about something. The defense industry needs a boost. We barely got out of a desperate situation which would not have happened if I had another carrier group at my disposal. I think you should propose such a boost, Mina, pointing out that we only had two active carriers in the Pacific at a time of crisis. Perhaps part of the budget could be a further upgrade of Enterprise and Kennedy to make them last longer. If that doesn’t earn you publicity, I’m not sure what will.”
Mina couldn’t help but smile.


USS John C. Stennis...

The entire ship was in a party atmosphere. Total, they had lost six pilots in the confrontation, and they would be missed, but no one was thinking about them right now. Flight ops were officially shut down, leaving over half the crew at liberty. There was music playing on the flight decks, and the navigation crew was allowed to take the ship through her paces without the worry of airplanes rolling into the sea.
Down in the bowels of the ship, on O-3 level, in the sickbay, Lieutenant Amy Anderson lay in a bed. She had a series of cuts, bruises, and about three dozen sets of stitches. She was still here because she had a serious case of pneumonia from swallowing, vomiting up, and then breathing in seawater. She was lucky she had not drowned.
The book she was reading was boring, and she was angry at the doctor for not letting her go party with the rest of the crew. Wax and Dutch had dropped by for a visit an hour ago, and now she was lonely. The medical tech was not much company, spending most of her time filing or jabbing Amy with something.
The door opened, and Captain Raulstone stepped through.
“Captain on deck!” the medtech snapped to attention.
“As you where.” Raulstone ordered. He set his eyes on Amy, who was prepping to salute, but he waived her off. He had come as a friend, not as a CO. “How are you feeling, Anderson?”
“As well as can be expected sir.” Amy answered in her accented voice. “They say I should be up and about by tomorrow.”
“Well, we’ll throw a party for our newest ace when we get home.” the ship’s commander said. “Admiral Tarkington and I are very proud of you. You performed exceptionally considering the circumstance.”
“It’s just my job sir.”
“No, it isn’t.” Raulstone shook his head. “No one should be expected to have to kill one of their own people. You were set into a more cruel situation than was neccesary. You feel bad about it. I understand. You feel like you shot your commanding officer in the back. Just understand, that he had shot at you first. It was in the interests of the US and the world that you make that tough decision.”
The blue-haired aviator swallowed. “If it’s all the same to you, sir, I’m rather sick of all the patriotic pep talks. I know what I did was right, but that doesn’t make it any easier to know that. Back here,” and she tapped the back of her head, “I guess it will always haunt me.”
“But in the end, this experience will make you a better pilot.” Raulstone smiled. “I have to warn you, the Admiral intends to promoting you. He has also sent in candidacy for the Distinguished Flying Cross, Gold Star, Purple Heart, and though I doubt you’ll get it, the Medal of Honor.”
“I never was in this for medals.” Amy shrugged, “All I wanted was to serve my country to the best of my ability.”
Raulstone didn’t halt to contemplate what she had said. “You’re also up for a promotion. By tomorrow afternoon, you’ll be Lieutenant Commander Anderson.”
“I’d rather not...”
“I’m afraid you’re not allowed to refuse this. It’s by the request of a good friend of yours. The reason you’re getting promoted is because he claims you’re the only one he can trust with running his squadron.”
“Dutch?”
“He’s turned down his double-jump so that he can serve with VFA-105 for as long as possible. He wants you to be his executive officer. I’m sure you won’t dissapoint him.”
“Yes, sir.”
“Meanwhile, your friend, Serena’s waiting outside to see you. I’ll let her take over from here. Get some rest, Anderson.”
“Aye, aye captain.” And his form in the door was exchanged for that for Serena. She rushed in and plopped into the chair by Amy’s bed.
“Well, look who’s missing the party!” Serena said. “You better get well soon. Dutch says he can’t hold out in b-ball without you. And he can’t do the Reb’s version of ‘Let Me Go Home’ without you!”
“Aw, he was putting on.” Amy waved off the comment. “Anyway, here’s the hottest gossip on the ship...”
“Somehow I figured that would be the first thing I would hear.” And Amy slid deeper into her bed. “I think I’ll get some sleep now.”
“Amy! You can’t do that! I’m press. I have a Fourth Ammendment right to tell you what’s going on!” Serena insisted. The look on the journalists face sent Amy into reels of giggles.

Under the starlight, the taskforce moved over the black ocean, returning home from a successful campaigne. Ever ready for action, the great aircraft carrier sailed on towards a rising moon.


The End

Questions? Comments? e-mail me at swordsman695@hotmail.com

Soundtrack list.

Here is a list of songs that I associate with this fanfiction. If you have any suggestions as to what should be on this list, E-mail me and tell me what song and why.

“We Are” Vertical Horizon
“Learning to Fly” Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
“Running Down a Dream” Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
“Sweet Emotion” Aerosmith
“Not the Doctor” Alanis Morisette
“Fly Away” Lenny Kravitz
“Song 2” Blur
“Give It Away” Red Hot Chili Peppers


Previews

These are previews of Sailor Moon Fanfictions I’ve written

A Requiem for Mercury
As a new enemy bears down on them, the Scouts are shocked when Amy attempts to commit suicide. But was it caused by a feeling of uselessness or a figure from her past?

Aqueous Solution
A former general under Queen Beryl sends a spy to destroy the Sailor Scouts. Everything goes as planned, until he meets Sailor Mercury...

Sailor Moon: The Year of Hell
Part I: Subordinate Nature
New Year’s Eve 1999, a new enemy kills Sailor Pluto and steals the Pluto Star Crystal. With it, they devistate the world and prepare it for conquering. The Sailor Scouts must defend what remains of their planet, even if it means their lives.
Part II: The Murphy Principle
The new enemy attempts to find a way out of their prison in the Negaverse. Meanwhile, on the devistated planet Earth, Sailor Mars strikes out on her own. And the crisis is given new urgency when Amy falls vitcim to a horrible crime. Now Sailor Moon must defeat the Negaverse and repair the world before it becomes too late for Amy.

Tin Soldiers: A Sailor Moon/West Wing cross-over
Congressman Lillianfield continues to publically humiliate Presidential Cheif of Staff Leo McGary, but President Bartlet has other problems: monsters have begun to run amok in Washington D.C. He desperately needs the Sailor Scouts.

Ghosts of Dong Bang
Thirty years ago, Peter Anderson was a draftee in Viet Nam. Thirty years ago, he performed a horrifying act that changed his life. Now, he is a divorced artist desperately trying to forget. When he decides to move to California to be near his daughter Amy, she begins to pry dangerously into his past...

Sailor Moon: Takedown
On a class trip to Paris, the Sailor Scouts’ plane is hijacked. Unable to escape or transform, they must act quickly before people start getting killed.


Coming soon...

Sailor Moon 5389
In the far future, the something happened to the planetary power that gave the Sailor Scouts strength. Somehow infected with evil, the Scouts of 5389 rule the Earth with an iron fist, controlling the population with unspeakable violence. There seems to be no hope for these oppressed people, until Luna is accidentally displaced from Crystal Tokyo in 3017, where she meets an orphan girl named Jaxa Renai who could possibly wield the powers of Sailor Moon.