Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 4: Slums in Dorter
Party: X (Squire), Omni Mage (Archer), Lady Ayana (Priestess), Lord Odin (Chemist), Algus (Knight), Delita (Squire)

"Hey, wait!"

X screams after the retreating figure that is Wiegraf. After witnessing the harsh coersion of the Death Corps Fencer, he's ready to break some heads.

"Not now X. We've got problems."

Omni brings X's attention returns to the fallen Fencer who calls for his troops. The group looks around, assessing the threat. One knight, three archers and two black magi. The area is rather small, with only alleyways separating three houses. X puts one foot forward and issues his offer.

"I'm giving you a simple choice: surrender, or die in obscurity!!"

"X, as your buddy, it's my job to tell you to...stop being so lame!"

On that note, Delita follows Algus, climbing to the halfway up point of the house adjacent to them, via the crates propped up against it. X makes an about face and takes shelter behind crates at the edge of the battlefield. He psyches up with an Accumulate and gestures for Lady A to follow him.

"I'm going to follow Algus and Delita."

X looks up to Lord Odin, who is currently scaling up staying behind Algus.

"Nice guy."

"Well, he does want to be a black mage..."

The meaningful discussion is interrupted by the arrow that flies into Lady A's side. Taking it as a signal, the knight moves in, his arms in front of his face to ward off blows. The mage behind him begins charging a spell. Algus finally reaches the top and throws a stone at the archer that struck Ayana. The archer falls down the roof beneath him, suffering a critical to the ribs. The other mage moves to the edge of the roof he's on and targets a spell at Lord Odin, standing on a chimney. Odin, picking up on the mage's intent gaze, jumps off the chimney and stands next to a nearby, enemy archer. Said archer punches Odin.

"Great, just great..."

X moves out from behind the crate and runs at the first mage, behind the knight. He delivers a powerful blow with his Long Sword, but the mage remains standing, albeit by a hair. ((It was actually 2 HP. Rrr...)) X laments over his failure not for two seconds before an arrow flies over his head and finishes his work. He looks back to a rooftop to see Omni waving from the chimney Odin was standing on. X throws a peace sign, not paying much attention to the Knight nearing him.

"Destruction of nature, gather in flame! Fire!" The other mage's spell hits Odin, and strikes the archer as well as Odin. Both terminal, the archer punches Odin out of spite, knocking him out cold. The scream attracts Lady A's attention and she begins charging a Raise spell.

"X, Omni, keep the knight away from me!"

Delita jumps down to Odin's fallen body and slashes down the weakened archer. The battle is beginning to look up and Omni's next arrow reflects this in its critical hit directed at the remaining mage. Algus lands in front of the Archer he knocked down to the ground and puts a pretty bow tie on his work, killing the archer.

"I won't die this way!!"

The knight is about to move in on Ayana, who is still charging ((yes, I should've checked the AT list, now shut up)), but a stone from up high knocks him out of range once again.

"Thanks again Omni!"

After X gives his thanks, he runs up to the knight and begins to grapple with him. Finally, an angel descends upon Odin, restoring his vitality. Somewhat miffed about the experience, Odin strikes the last archer with an instant Fire spell, cooking him in his juices.

"And there was one." Delita recites mockingly, jumping down to assist X with the knight. Surprisingly though, the final blow comes from not either squire, but the dainty white mage and her staff who moved in during the ruckus.

"What the..."

~~This Battle is Complete!~~