Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Omni makes a good thief. I have to say that much.

Battle 7: Thieves' Fort
Party: X (Squire), Omni Mage (Thief), X Files Master (White Mage), Zhuge Liang (Monk), Delita (Squire), Algus (Knight)

A crack of thunder illuminates the battlefield and the opponents. One female knight by the name of Miluda, two Priestesses and three thieves. The topography is tight, with only a narrow ramp leading into the run down fort. The good guys stand at the bottom of the ramp, looking up to the opposition.

"That's just great..."

X takes a few experimental steps forward, then jumps up off the ramp and onto the stone wall juxtaposed to it. He psyches up and waits for his team to follow. Omni joins X on the wall he stands on and Zhuge takes a place on the opposite wall. The master of paranormal phenomena takes cover behind Zhuge, waiting for an opportunity to cast a spell. Delita and Algus take the fight right to the entrance where they meet with thieves.

"Hey X, watch me seduce the priestess over there!"

"You? Seduce? I'm sorry, that does not compute. Please delete, and try again."

Omni pays X no mind, averts his gaze to one of the priestesses, runs a finger through the hair not covered by his green bandana. Despite the 49% chance of success, Omni meets with success and the Priestess begins charging a spell targeted at a thief. Zhuge, ignoring the entire thing, jumps to the very top of the ruined fort to meet with the thief keeping watch. A punch to the gut brings him down instantly.

"Hey, XF Master! I'll be in Omni's range in a minute so start casting!"

"Right, but get down quick! This knight isn't exactly friendly!!"

Speaking of thieves, yet another thief gets around behind X and jumps up into the air. By now, the last thief has hurled a stone at the charmed Priestess and knocked her out of her infatuation. But, the spell goes of anyway...at nothing. The thief that it was targeted at is only now striking from the air with his dagger.

"Hmm, a whole minute. Longest time you ever kept a girl?"

"Shut up. Just shut up..."

Omni jumps over to the back of the thief and deftly relieves him of his Mage Slasher. Back to our white mage, he curses as his Protect spell takes its effect on the enemy thief and misses Omni. X curses as well, seeing that this is going to require extra muscle. Back to the target of the battle, Zhuge is having troubles hitting Miluda, as she keeps on raising her shield to block the blows.

Algus moves into the fort, with the Priest charging Raise as the target of his malice. He's nowhere near his intended target though, when the Raise goes off and brings back a thief on the ramp from the brink of death. X notes this as he reluctantly kills of the formerly charmed priestess. The unarmed thief retreats to the priestess in back, hoping to be ignored.

"They're going to be trouble..."

X Files Master has gotten behind Miluda and is doing his best to assist Zhuge with his staff, but all his swings are blocked as well. ((Seriously, I must've swung, like, 9000 times and her damned Weapon Guard blocked 'em all!!!)) Delita gets around to Zhuge's side and uses Wish to heal the blows he's sustained.

"Algus, can you handle that priestess alone?"

"Of course!! She is just a commoner dog!"

"...Um yeah..."

X jumps to the other wall around the ramp and strikes down the newly revived thief. The priestess begins to charge another Raise. Finally, Omni, outta nowhere, removes Miluda's Bronze shield from her left hand with a cheeky grin.

"Heh heh, missing something?"

Zhuge is now able to easily get through Miluda's guard and score a critical blow. Miluda takes the hint and retreats to the east side of the fort. X jumps back onto the ramp, after receiving some divine healing from XF and into the fort to join Algus. Miluda cries out indignantly...

"You nobles think we're just animals to be owned! What separates us from you?! Our families?! What gives you the right?!"

Algus, the snotty little bastard, replies...

"It's the will of heaven!"

"God would never allow such a thing!"

"Animals have no god."

Delita looks to X and asks...

"X, is she really our enemy?"

"...This is a battle. Less talk, more thwacky."

Miluda retreats even further into the corner just as she witnesses Algus' assualt on the chanting priestess. X decides that Algus will be fine on his own and hops onto the level where Miluda is. Within moments, the rest of his team follows. Omni, moving faster than the rest, easily gets to Miluda before the rest and snatches her Iron Sword.

"Give it up. You're outnumbered and unarmed."

"Never!"

X sighs, and finishes the battle with a swipe of his sword.

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~

Note: I've finally recruited everyone and you're all in classes evolved at least one step above Squire. A quick run down...

X (Squire)
Yamcha (Archer)
CrimsonScythe (Geomancer)
Gravija (Knight)
SilverWing (Knight)
Lady Ayana (White Mage)
Lord Odin (Black Mage w/Summoner ability)
The Great Admiral (Oracle)
X Files Master (White Mage)
Zhuge Liang (Monk)
Omni Mage (Thief)
Enigma (Time Mage)

You all kick much ass. But, if pressed to pick who does the most killing, it goes to the psychotic Black mage.