Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 8: Lenalia Plateau (Plateau my ****ing ass...)
Party: X (Squire), Delita (Squire), Yamcha (Archer), TGA (Oracle), Silverwing (Knight), Lady Ayana (White Mage)

"Plateau? Hah. I laugh."

X has good reason to laugh as he surveys the wrongly categorized area. It's more like a steep hill with a narrow pass going through. The pass is more or less level, but when the level varies, it's a steep transition. The rocks are lightly covered in green moss and grass. At the bottom, we have X and his party. At the top, we see Miluda, two knights, two black magi, and one time mage. All magi in the back of course.

"...Ayana, how long will it take to get a Protect up on you and Admiral?"

"Hmm, quite a while. I imagine they'll have moved in by then."

"Ugh...then hold off."

Rather than taking the direct route, X hops up onto the left high road of the rocky "plateau" and waits for an opportunity to strike. Yamcha follows, stays behind X and takes careful aim at a charging black mage. The arrow finds flesh, but nothing vital. By now, Miluda and her knights have moved in as far as they can.

"Layer upon layer, make your mark now! Haste!"

The time mage's Haste spell conjures colorful roman numerals about her, but in the end, fails, leaving her with wasted MP. On the other side, Silverwing considers her options just as Miluda throws her a surprise.

"Huh?"

The ground underneath the female knight comes to life, ivies shoot from the ground and entangling themselves around Silverwing. X makes a snide remark, not seeing the geomancy as too much of a threat...

"Shall I get a camera?"

"Quiet, you..."

An ice crystal unceremoniously falls on X's head, as if to punish him for his remark. X makes his new target the black mage on the high road. Silver hacks the ivies down to size and moves in on Miluda. Within spitting distance, she looks at the Barbuta on her head and takes a swing at it. Miluda responds just as quickly, holding out her shield to block it. Not to be ignored, TGA's lightning bolts hail from the sky, killing the weakened black mage, and lightly damaging Miluda, her knight and Silver.

"Sorry!!!"

TGA jumps out from the rock he was taking cover behind and gets in front of it. Lady Ayana considers casting Protect on Delita so he's shielded when he walks into the fray, but decides against it, remembering Delita's not exactly a devout holy man. Instead, she opts to cast it on TGA instead, who's put himself in range. Speaking of Delita, the disgruntled squire runs in with reckless abandon, mercilessly cutting down the generic knight TGA had hit with Bolt.

"Shoot, he's in the way..."

Yamcha tries to figure out some way around X to hit the black mage in front of him, but finds he's always hit X instead. Plus, the third knight in front of him isn't making getting to a better position a viable option. So, he decides to wait. That turns out to be a good decision as X jumps down to neutralize the time mage that just hit him with Slow.

"Sil...ver...heeelllppp...Ad...mir...al..."

Remaining are one black mage, one knight and Miluda. Delita updates that statistic by stabbing the vulnerable black mage who was attempting to charge Fire.

"Not much for me to do..."

Like she says, Lady A is strapped for things to do. Anyone in her range is in good health. So, she opts for the only logical option. She runs to Miluda's side and swings her staff. The damage is neglible, but the critical blow knocks Miluda into the shallow pond below.

"That's just great. From there, she can turn us into frogs..."

In response to TGA's concern about Miluda's geomancy, an arrow flies overhead, attracting the attention of all fighters on the field. The arrow pierces Miluda's leggings, breaking what little speed she had. Yamcha is quite pleased with his feat.

"Woo hoo! I knew watching Silver would pay off!"

(('Tis true. Yamcha got the JP for Speed Break from random battles with the knight. ...Anyway...))

"Miluda, you're too injured to fight on! Please, let's put dowon our weapons and talk!"

"I won't be fooled by your smooth talk! I'll fight to the end!"

X sighs, jumps down into the pond and lands the final blow of the match. The remaining generic knight can only look on as her leader falls.

~~Congratulations! This Battle is Complete!!~~