Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 9: Windmill Shed
Party: X (Squire), Delita (Squire), Omni Mage (Thief), Lord Odin (Black Mage), Enigma (Time Mage)

The area is tight and set around a windmill shed. There's lower ground, stairs, and higher ground which those stairs lead to. On the lower ground, X's party preps for battle as they watch Wiegraf come out from the shed situatated on the higher ground. Across the lesser elevated field stand Wiegraf's chocobo, and one female monk. On the higher ground, Wiegraf, one female monk and one female knight stand ready for combat.

"Well then, here goes-"

X is interrupted in mid sentence by Wiegraf's attack on Delita. An orange spike rises up from the ground underneath Delita and goes right through him. Delita goes down in a single hit.

"Great, Holy Sword skills...hey, Omni! See what you can do about that!"

At the time that sentence finishes, Boco has crept up on X's side and is pecking into it hard. Idignantly, X rears back and headbutts the bird. A large ice shard appears above Boco and finishes the job X unwittingly started. The young squire gives his thanks to Lord Odin.

"Land of all lives, suppress all rebels! Don't Move!"

Enigma's arcane chanting finally finishes up and results in a dome formed around the knight at the top of the steps. The spell meets with success, rendering the knight harmless for a little while.

"Hey, what's that?!"

"Don't toy with me boy-"

Omni takes the opportunity to snatch Wiegraf's Mythril Sword, nullifying the threat of Wiegraf's Holy Sword. So, Wiegraf retreats into the back corner, hoping his allies will do his work for him. That's not exactly the most logically founded hope, seeing as X kills the paralyzed knight with a critical, knocking her to the ground below.

"This is bad..."

Looking over to Omni, he's followed Wiegraf and taken his shield. The cost is one good old fashioned beat down. The monks are at his sides, punching him in his soft spots, bringing him to terminal. Wiegraf leaves Omni to his *****es and jumps up to higher ground in a single bound. Desperate to get out of the situation, Omni's mind races, upping his speed with each blow (Speed Save rocks). Salvation appears in the form of a chanting black mage. Sort of.

"Ack!! Watch where you're aiming that!! I won't survive!"

Less disputable salvation arrives in the form of a vial full of Hi Potion and a syringe to inject the thrown healing fluid. Omni nods to Enigma and leaps up, out of Odin's range, and in front of Wiegraf. Just in time, too.

"Dancing flames, liberate ripe souls from flesh prisons! Fire 2!"

((Yes, I did make that up. It seemed fitting.)) Since the spell was targeted to the area as opposed to Omni, the spell strikes only the monks, damaging them greatly, but not killing them. X repays Lord Odin for before by partially finishing his work. Remaining is Wiegraf and a weakened Monk. In the practical sense though, all that really remains is the monk as Enigma's second Don't Move spell takes effect on Wiegraf.

"Finally got it..."

Omni retreats to the safety of the corner after lifting Wiegraf's Barbuta off his head. It took several attempts though, and each failed attempt ended with a punch to the gut. In the end, Omni is too badly hurt to stay in active combat. On the bright side though, Odin uses Bolt to make Wiegraf the only enemy left on the battefield.

"Out of mana..."

"Me too..."

Odin and Enigma grudgingly retreat, even as they watch Don't Move wear off of Wiegraf. X, though, rises to the challenge and trades blows with the White Knight. Each strike by X is dulled by the bard's use of a potion after each one. Wonderful. X has lost a decent amount of HP, when, from nowhere, Delita's Wish picks X back up again.

"Eh?"

"They finally got around to reviving me."

"Ah."

Wiegraf, kneeling in pain, catches the attention of the squires.

"Tough one, eh? Sorry Miluda, but I can't die here!"

And the coward teleports from the battlefield. X remarks disgustedly...

"Pansy."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~