Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Words cannot describe my loathing for this battle...oh right, SPOLIERS abound so if you haven't done this battle, you're probably better off not reading it.

Obviously, we're not going to see three battles today. Some stuff came up. So, I'll try again tomorrow. Sorry...

Battle 10: Fort Zeakden
Party: Group 1; X (Squire), Delita (Squire), Yamcha (Archer)
Group 2; Omni Mage (Thief), CrimsonScythe (Geomancer)


Quick Note: If it seems like everyone's doing a lot of damage with one hit, it's because Accumulate was used quite a few times while moving everyone into position.

"Teta!!"

Delita cries out to his fallen sister from below the wooden bridge. Delita swears to kill Algus and runs in without regard for his own safety. On an unrelated note, I really hate guest characters. The reason for that hate is demonstrated by the spells two female black magi cast, easily obliterating Delita.

"Algus!! Why are you doing this?!!"

"Please don't ask. It's your brother's order. You'd rather disgrace the pride of the Hokuten?"

"I refuse to be used all my life!!"

Omni Mage appears from behind the main contingent and awaits forthe enemy's move. Crimson, not quite as nimble, has quite a few more steps to go before he's a part of the main attack force.

"It's time you learned about difference! Different rank, different class!"

"...Is that all you have to say? Delita, are you all right?"

"Leave me, X! After him, you're next!"

"Delita..."

Delita is back on his feet not for two seconds when a knight comes and knocks him down once again. In the down time, Yamcha has gained some elevation above the battlefield and is raining death upon the magi. Omni, foolishly, runs in the thick of it, in a failed attempt to steal Algus' Night Killer. His only reward two slashes and a bolt of thunder, weakening him to a point of near death.

"This is bad..."

A flurry of snowflakes engulfs one of the black magi, filling her throat with icy cold air, leaving her as a silent, harmless woman wearing a pointy hat. The sudden snowstorm's source leaps up onto the crates where Yamcha is and does his best to attend to his wounds.

"Really bad..."

X hangs back on the ground his group holds, trying to consider a strategy. During his little thought process, Omni manages to relieve Algus of his Night Killer as his last act of the fight. He's promptly felled, and lies prostrate on the cold snow.

"Do...it..."

Yamcha jumps down, in a rescue attempt, hoping to get at an angle which allows him to throw a Phoenix Down. The would be savior meets with an untimely demise at the hands of a Bolt 2.

"That's all I can give..."

X and Crimson survey their odds. They don't look pretty. All of Algus' units are healthy, except for the now useless magi. X's group on the other hand has just about had it. X reflects on this fact.

"Just me and Crimson..."

"X...I'll leave the rest to you."

X ponders that with a quizical expression just before Crimson runs in at Algus, his Iron Sword flailing wildly and strikes, as hard as he can. The resulting hit of the saving throw places Algus in the critical, but not quite dead.

Note: Ah...it really was looking bad. I was going to reset. But I figured, hell, why not go the whole distance? I've still got X!

"You spoiled little rich boy. Watch closely."

Algus punches Crimson, setting in motion the last few cycles of the battle. A knight jumps down and slices Crimson down, leaving him for dead. After witnessing all his allies slaughter, X considers surrender. That thought remains in his mind for about a nanosecond before being expunged.

"He's still got that shield so he might block...but, it's the only option left to me now!"

X makes bounds and leaps over his unconscious allies, careful not to aggravate their injuries any further. To embellish a bit, as he nears Crimson, he leaps up, with his Mythril Sword bare in the cold wind.

"Algus! Take this! All my hate, anger and tears!!"

With that emotional outburst, X somehow manages to overcome the 40% chance of missing and pierce Algus's heart. X places a boot on Algus's chest and shoves him down to the ground to remove his sword.

"Damn...how could I lose to a weakling like you?"

"Simple. In the end, I have the stronger will."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~