Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Urgh...the fates refuse to let me catch up on missed work...oh well, cut my losses.

Battle 11: Dorter Trade City
Party: X (Squire), Agrias (Holy Knight), Gafgarion (Dark Knight), Zhuge Liang (Monk), Enigma (Time Mage), X Files Master (White Mage)

"Mercenaries? Wow, you must've been offered a nice sum of cash if you're taking us on!"

The street has been cleared of all civillians, leaving X's party to gaze up the inclined path to size up the two thieves, two black magi and two archers in their way. The mercenary leader, one of the thieves, throws down his hat upon noticing Gafgarion.

"Damn! That's Gafgarion! 3000 Gil was too cheap!"

"Just 3000? ...Whatever. You can surrender now, or die in obscurity! Which will it be?"

Of course, it's the second option. Wouldn't be much of a fight were it the former. Zhuge wastes no time in running up the street and delivering a right hook to a thief. The thief rolls with the punch, easily riding out the damage.

"Master of all swords! Cut energy! Night Sword!"

During Zhuge's distraction, good ol' Gaffy has taken it upon himself to walk up the sidewalk and attack the leading mercenary. The air becomes heavy and an eerie looking eye opens up above him. A spike rises up from the floor to stab the eye and the mercenary.

"Hey, Files, take cover from the arrows!"

X Files takes X's suggestion and takes cover behind some crates to the right and back. Agrias on the other hand, slowly strides forward and swings her sword forward.

"Life is short! Ready! Steady Sword!"

Yeah, as much as I love the crap translation this game was subjected to, I'll be fixing little screw ups like that from now on. Shards of glass and ice fall down with great velocity upon the two thieves. The leader mercenary finds himself suspended in a prison of ice, unable to do anything. The other thief falls to his knees and begins coughing up blood.

"Shoot, how can they hit me?!"

The one who dares to watch the Fox network barely dips his head under an arrow from up high. A few hair follicles float to the ground, but otherwise, he's unharmed.

"X, just stay there for a second, okay?"

Enigma takes a place beside X, placing him in range of the Haste spell he's begun chanting. The spell goes off in record time, intiating the swirling of colorful roman numerals.

That's all well and good for X and Enigma, but Zhuge unwittingly threw himself into enemy territory with his first strike. Two arrows strike from opposite directions, causing much pain. That pain isn't exactly helped by the scorching flame that follows. The monk goes down.

"Hey, Master, help would be appreciated now!"

With that, X runs forward and finishes off the helpless leader. The "other" X takes careful steps forward, still unsettled about the arrows. Despite that, he does what he must, raises his arms, and begins chanting for Raise.

"Shoot, I should've charged for this. Would've been the easiest gil I'd have ever made!"

Gafgarion stalks forward and uses his Night Sword on the other weakened thief, easily knocking him unconscious. Just a little north of Gaffy, Files' Raise goes off and brings Zhuge back the the world of the living.

"Okay, who did that?"

X, deep in enemy territory, sweatdrops as he lowers his sword, deciding to attack a different black mage. The one that didn't knock Zhuge out to be specific. That mage goes down quick and clean.

Not to forget about Agrias (who has lousy speed, anyway), Stasis Sword comes down once again, but this time, on an archer and the mage that X didn't kill.

"Uhm..."

Enigma notices the malevolent intent of the two archers staring at him, readying arrows. He gets out a Potion and injects it just as the arrows make contact. The wounds barely even open before closing. Despite the brutal assault, Enigma goes forward, without a trace of fear. It's either that, or the fact that moving forward keeps Enigma out of the arrows' range. Either or.

One more Night Sword finds its target in the last black mage. The mage laments over his eventual defeat, just as Zhuge arrives from some distance behind.

"I'll send you to the next dimension! Ha!"

Zhuge pulls his fist back, and lunges it forward, extending his ki to finish off the mage.

"Next dimension? Funny, I don't see the censors anywhere..."

With that quip, X ends the battle by stabbing the two archers remaining. Their screams signal the end of the battle to the rest.

"We have to save the princess!"

"Of course Agrias. Any idea where they went?"

"Only one place they could've gone to...impregnable fortress, Beltha Garrison."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~