Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

I've finally met the requirements to turn Crimson and Omni into ninjas. But I'm not. I wanna make it read cool, so, I'll wait for the right battle... Anyway, comments are appreciated...well, no, let me be more specific; compliments are appreciated. Seriously, I'd like to know if I'm being too light hearted...they are killing things.

Have I mentioned how friggin' slow Agrias is?

Battle 12: Araguay Woods
Party: X (Squire), Agrias (Holy Knight), Gafgarion (Dark Knight), Lord Odin (Summoner), Lady Ayana (White Mage), Silverwing (Monk)

"Woods" is an odd name for the battle ground. It look more like the ruins of some temple that have been heavily overrun with moss and weeds. ...Anyway, the party trudges its way through, coming up to a chocobo surrounded by five Goblins and one Black Goblin. Agrias leans forward for a better look.

"What's a chocobo doing here?"

"Must be pretty stupid to wander into Goblins' forest!"

X waves off Gafgarion's comment and considers his options. Go out of his way to save the chocobo or be on his merry way. Like any good hero...

"We must leave. Now. C'mon, post haste."

Did I say "good"? My fault. A whap to the back of his head causes him to turn around to find Ayana holding out her White Staff.

"What's wrong with you?! We can't just leave it!"

"...Why not? Besides, that's Wiegraf's chocobo. See the scar on its beak? It might turn on us if we try to help it."

A second whap lands on the side of his head, diverging his attention to Silver, who's putting away her fist. X raises a finger to protest, but the staff hits him once again. X grunts, annoyed, and changes his choice to saving chocobo.

"I don't deserve this!!"

And with that Yell, X jumps forward and makes his way to chocobo, hoping to guard it. Gafgarion is content to let X do the hard work and focuses his attention on oblitering the enemies. Night Sword deals the first blow of the fight, stabbing right into a Goblin.

Silver jumps down from her spot and follows after X, in order to back him up. Boco, with some of the best Guest AI in the game, hops up into the corner, behind a pillar and hopes to be ignored. That wish is ignored by the heavens as the lone Black Goblin pursues Boco as best it can.

"Must I taint my hands on these beasts?"

With that arrogant remark, Lord Odin carelessly walks forward, looking for the spot which will allow him to strike many with his magic. He doesn't find that spot, and instead, decides to bide his time. The Goblins on the other hand, don't need to worry about such things, and move around like ants until one finally rams into Lord Odin for a nice sum of damage.

"Cocky little..."

Lady Ayana suffers the jump down and gets beside Lord Odin. Dainty hands rise up into the air and arcane chanting begins. Speaking of arcane things, Night Sword kills off the Goblin it struck before. And in the magic filled air, Cure goes off, wrapping Lord Odin in the breeze of healing energy.

En route to the chocobo, a Goblin trips Silver up in her run. She ignores the distraction and continues along, hoping to block the only path the Black Goblin has to Boco. That might not matter though, as X has caught up with Blackie and is practicing for his accupuncture license.

"Gob, gobu!"

The injured goblin gets in between Sliverwing and X, holds out its fists, and spins around, striking both in one clean blow. The battle's beginning to look tedious until Lord Odin shows his worth...

"Cold! Extricate mortal bindings and give harsh freedom to bound souls! Shiva!"

Ice shards form from nothing but thin air, fuse together and flash. When the light clears, the ice mistress floats down and bestows her Diamond Dust attack upon two Goblins, dropping them instantly.

"Uh...wow."

X murmurs his awe as he shoves his Coral Sword (thank you Omni), into the Black Golin, ending its threat to Boco. With the threat gone, Lady Ayana starts her trip over to treat any wounds Boco may have sustained. Silver leaves, in order to clean up the rest of the Goblins. Stupidly, a Goblin attacks, and she punches right back, straight into the gut, subtracting the field, one Goblin.

"..."

Lord Odin waits in front of one felled body, awaiting the crystal to remove the soul from. X sees this, shudders, and hangs back, figuring the battle will be over by time he would get there. His point is proven as Gafgarion attacks a Goblin, and block the resulting counterattack with his shield.

"Hmm..."

In curiosity, Lady A hops up onto Boco, and is surprised to find how docile the oversized bird is. On the other side of the field, Silver's fist ends the battle. Hur-freaking-ay. Still, the Lady has a request...

"Hey X, can we keep him?"

"...What?"

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~