Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

A few days prior to the battle at Gologrand...

The group has finished stocking up at Warjilis and are making preparations to leave. The units that will be fighting are psyching themselves up for the big battle. X has decided a small group is best so he's only taking four units, including himself, and split them in two. With a strategy set, the group sets out to the city gates. Before they begin the trek across the valley though, Omni stops X by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Yes?"

"X, I just can't do this anymore."

X turns around to pay full attention to the thief. His brow wrinkles in wonder. Omni walks forward past him.

"Huh? Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing. I just...can't fight with you all. I'm sorry..."

"...Well, then leave...I guess..."

Battle 19: Gologrand Execution Site
Party: X (Squire), Enigma (Time Mage), X Files Master (Monk), Agrias (Holy Knight), ????(Ninja)

"Heh, just like I thought. Barely any enemies. Three knights. Heh."

From afar, X surveys the site with a pair of binoculars. He gestures for Agrias and X Files Master to take their positions at the main gate. X is puzzled that the executioner is speaking with the princess, but waves it off. He gives the signal to charge and rushes up from the side.

"Hold it!! I won't let you rob the world of a pretty face!"

All enemies turn to X, who's grinning like a moron. Much to X's disease though, the cloaked executioner merely laughs.

"Heh, heh, you've fallen into a trap!"

"Say wha?"

At that moment, two time magi take their places at the top of the wall of the gate. An archer walks in from the opposite side, tuning her bow. "Ovelia" takes off her costume to reveal another archer. I should probably mention that X is cursing the entire time. Lastly, the executioner takes off his robe to reveal...

"Gafgarion! I should probably say I knew it was you, but truth to tell, I had no clue."

As easily seen by his wisecracks, it's clear that X is unnerved at the really bad odds. His minds races for a new plan of attack. Its race is interrupted when Gaffy's sword tugs itself away from his hands and flies over to X's side. Everyone on the field is clearly surprised by this supernatural event. Though, the supernatural is unveiled as a figure decloaks itself in front of Gafgarion. The figure slowly disembodies with the surroundings showing itself to be a ninja cloaked in blue.

"Who the-"

"X, take the sword! The dark knight here is useless without it!"

"How does he know my name?"

X quickly deduces that he has no time to ponder that when Gaffy uses geomancy on XFM and Agrias who have appeared at the gate. Demon Fire only lightly burns the two, but Agrias falls asleep and kneels. Our squire decides this battle has gone from bad, to weird, to worse. He runs up to the wooden guilotine stand and strikes the archer with his brand new Blood Sword. X Files quickly picks up on X's slack and lines up with the weakened archer. The monk pulls his fist back, holds it, then launches it forward. The ground laid out before rises up and travels towards the archer in a wave, easily overwhelming, and killing her.

"Hey, these guys aren't so tough..."

A time mage from up high decides to pop XF's inflated ego by hitting him with Slow, bringing him to a near crawl. On the other side of the field, Enigma has his hands full with the knights intending to off the easiest target first. Little do they know, Enigma has learned some new tricks...

"Sorry I can't stay, but play with this!"

Enigma's body phases away and is replaced by a dark swelling ball of energy. Enigma's body reappears on some crates just as Demi finishes its work. Back to the main attraction, the ninja is grappling with Gafgarion. Holding a knife in each hand, he's quickly chipping off his HP. Gafgarion is none too pleased about this.

"I've never seen you with X before kid. Who the hell are you?!"

"Hmph. You won't live long enough to make any use of the info, friend."

"Arrogant brat!"

During this little chat, X has finished off one of the time mages which has descended to the ground. He looks up to see how his "new" comrade is faring. Seeing a knight get behind the ninja, X shouts out a warning, but the ninja can't get away from Gaffy. Thus, the blue cloaked fighter sustains heavy damage. The knights are hassling Enigma who's having a hard time getting his teleport to work again.

"C'mon, work dammit..."

The ninja gets a chance to make a tactical retreat. But even in retreat, he's a fierce foe. On his run, he throws a yellow ball at Gafgarion. When it connects, a bolt of lighting strikes, felling the dark knight.

"Argh...can't fight me alone, huh kid?! Retreat for now!"

And Gaffy leaves the field. X Files Master finally breaks loose from his chains of time and lines up a knight and archer for another Earth Slash. The battle's begining to look up as Agrias wakes from slumber. A Lightning Stab causes the remaining time mage to shut up and retreat.

"Such unfocused spirits..."

The mysterious ninja takes a shuriken from a sleeve and fires it at a weakened knight, easily killing him. Then, he removes a red ball from the same place and throws it at a second knight, killing him as well. Despite the brilliant show of tactics, XF notices that the ninja is hurt rather badly and begins charging Cure 2. On the other side, Agrias finishes her work and offs the time mage she started on, without even moving from her original spot.

"Hey guys, miss me?"

Heads turn to the side of the execution stand where Enigma is phasing in. The remaining knight is encased in a bubble of red mesh, disallowing movement. As he is no longer a threat, X follows the archer up to the top of the gate to end the remaining threat. The ninja throws a Water Ball to soften up the knight for the others to handle and follows X. Cure 2 goes off during his pace and heals he and the caster.

"Wow, we made it..."

X ponders about the odds he and his allies have beaten even as he fells the archer with a single swing. That's not before an arrow gets lodged in his side, but hey, no pain, no gain. Looking back down, XFM Wave Fists a defenseless knight into oblivion.

"X, we have to go to Lionel!!"

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~

Still on the grounds, X and the ninja are the only two who haven't gone on yet.

"Have we...met?"

"..."

"Okay, don't answer that. Well, will you be coming with us at least?"

The ninja phases out, leaving X with only air. X twists his head about, but finds nothing. Then, a voice echoes through the grounds. At this time, Lady Ayana comes in to check on X's arrow wound.

"I'll be there when you need me."

Miss Ayana looks around as well, but shrugs it off. She waves her hand over X's midsection to close his wound.

"Hey, who's that?"

"...A friend."