Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

I swear, I'll stop wasting a space on Agrias once I'm sure I can do fine without her.

Battle 20: At the Gate of Lionel Castle
Party: X (Squire), Lady Ayana (White Mage), The G Admiral (Mediator), Zhuge Liang (Dragoon),Agrias (Holy Knight)

After a trying trek, the active party makes it to the gate. Of course, since it's night, the gate is closed, making entrance impossible at the current time. This doesn't stop X though. He goes into some stretches and then begins scaling the rock wall on the side. Halfway up, he looks back to his party who isn't following him.

"Uh...don't all rush at once..."

"You expect me to get a perfectly clean white robe dirty and scuffed climbing that?"

"Uh, well...er, okay, Admiral, how about you?

"Well, I'd love to, but I'm allergic to stuff that requires great effort."

"...You mean work?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"...Zhuge, what's your excuse?"

"I just don't want to."

"Fair enough."

X continues his climbing and reaches the top. Walking along the top of the gate, he's about to work his way down to the bottom and hit the switch when's rudely interrupted by a certain dark knight. X looks down to see Gafgarion walking up.

"Do you ever give up?"

"You did a pretty good job getting in. Too bad you didn't notice the ambush."

X looks back over the wall to see his party backed up against a rock and a very hard place. From the woodwork emerge three knights, two archers, and a summoner. Yay. X's survey is interrupted by a sharp Night Sword stabbing him in the rear.

"It's me you must contend with! Too bad you don't have your ninja friend to help! This is where you meet your end!"

On one side, we have a duel. On the other side, we have a battle. First, X literally jumps down the wall to meet his opponent. X strikes a mighty blow, scoring the second hit of the battle. Moving outside...

"Scatter and attack!!"

With X absent, Miss Ayana has somehow taken temporary lead. TGA whips out his gun and pops two shots off at a summoner. Agrias takes the offensive to meet the knights and makes with a Stasis Sword. Zhuge runs over to an archer cocking (*offers a cookie to the auto mod*) his bow and leaps high up into the air as his footsteps near. Even the white mage takes an offensive role and attacks the charging summoner.

"Wind, fade to silence and give us power! Shiva!"

The attack wasn't quite enough, allowing the summoner to call Shiva to wreak havoc on Agrias and Lady Ayana. The damage isn't too severe however, aside from some ice chips in the ladies' hair. An arrow sails over their heads and strikes TGA in the side. Even though he's lightly armored, he takes only a moderate amount of damage.

"Heads up!"

Dealing the first lethal attack of the bout is Zhuge, who spears the archer who foolishly heeded his command. But enough of them, let's check back on my avatar...

"Augh!"

Another Night Sword throws X for a loop, making him consider using some Tactics. Remembering that thought in the heat of a duel is not his forte, he decides to attack head on.

"This sword glows frigid blue..."

X takes his attack to the air and pulls his sword back. Gaffy acts with the expected defense and holds his sword up. X smirks and lays down the slash. Gaffy's Ancient Sword is cut in half, rendering him helpless.

"Surrender or die in...er, infamy, I guess."

Back on the outside, TGA is speaking with one of the knights. Oddly, his shotgun is out and he's loading it as he speaks. Also, he speaks with a Godfather type accent...

"We don't want nobody should get hurt."

At the last word, TGA loads the chamber, producing a satisfying "chik-chik" sound. The knight can only gulp. Agrias on the other hand prefers the more direct approach and uses Stasis Sword on the knights so kindly standing on either side. The knights retaliate, leaving Agrias in poor condition.

The summoner raises his arms to call something, but is interrupted by the sound of a spear tearing through flesh. His flesh, to be precise. He falls over like a sack of potatoes, revealing the dragoon who got around behind him.

"Agrias, get ready to return!"

Lady Ayana raises her arms into the air and prepares the boon of health. A few minutes later, the spell goes off just as Agrias finishes off two knights with Lightning Stab. Zhuge looks around for a job to do when he notices the remaining archer trying to lift his keen looking dragoon helm off. That doesn't go over very well and Zhuge turns right around and wipes the poor fool with his spear. On the other side, a head shot ends the party's battle. But, they look at the solid wooden gate, wondering how their leader is faring. The admiral is the first to speak up.

"Maybe...Gafgarion got him?"

Two seconds later, TGA is on the ground, out cold, with a staff swinging white mage standing over him. Zhuge unconsciously rubs the back of his head as this goes on.

"Just wait. Any second now, the door's going to come down."

On the other side, X is delivering the final blow to Gaffy, as the dark knight asks, "is this the end". X's sword slash answers the question.

"Gotta go before reinforcements arrive..."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~