Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 21: Inside Riovanes Castle
Party: X (Squire), Yamcha (Knight), Lord Odin (Summoner)

((Yes, there really is only a party of three. Anymore, and Queklain would be far more enticed into using that damned Nightmare attack on me more often.))

The party of three stand at the foot of the altar room where Count Draclau looks down on them with impunity. In the background somewhere, an organ can be heard playing an ominous theme.

"Gafgarion's not as good as he says. Or was it bad luck? Either way, you truly are of Beoulve blood. Even if you are a bastard."

"...Where's Princess Ovelia?"

"She went to Zeltennia. She chose our help over yours."

"That's a lie!"

"She doubted you all and chose more reliable help. You know, you should join us. We want to make a world where all are equal."

"Also a lie. You can't change the world! You'd be fool to think otherwise!"

"Heh, you're not the one holding the stone."

Draclau removes his Zodiac stone from his cloak and calls upon its power. In mere moments, the stone feasts on his corrupted soul and transforms the fibers of his being. Soon, his form is that of a bloated tanned monster with sticks for arms. The group winces. And just for effect, the organ picks up and transforms into battle music well known to anyone one the last legs of Disc 4 in FFIX.

"Shoot, maybe we should've brought more people?"

"Can't be helped Yamcha. Who would've expected we'd be fighting this...thing?"

X looks to Queklain and feels a knot in his stomach. With a disgusted growl, he takes out his Blood Sword. Yamcha follows suit with his Coral Sword. Lord Odin on the other hand stares intently on Queklain.

" The Impure King, Queklain...hmm, I hadn't expected the revival to start so soon..."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Focus on the task."

Doing that, Yamcha and X turn to Queklain who's stomach has revealed many sharp teeth. A second later, colored clouds mass around Yamcha, invading his lungs. Even when it clears, he's having difficulty breathing. Looking at the pale expression on his face, one can only ask how long he has left.

"Well, here goes nothing..."

X runs up the steps and goes right over Queklain's head to land behind him. Twisting on his heel, he swings and strikes. Yamcha follows up on X's attack and slowly trudges to the monster's side and slashes as hard as he can. Lord Odin gets on the side of the steps and begins chanting.

"On the verge of death, Nightmare!"

This time, the gas clouds surround X, inflicting the same pall of disease around him. Support arrives in the form of a streaking fireball aimed at the beast. The damage is moderate, but no one's complaining. X and Yamcha, swing once again, surprisingly, killing the the beast with sychronized sword stabs.

"What, no! I'm...immortal!! Can't die until his revival..."

Queklain shakes and trembles, bursting with an uncontrollable force. Eventually, he explodes into a million pieces, leaving only the stone that spawned him.

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~

Outside the castle minutes later...

Yamcha approaches X and places a hand on his shoulder, much like Omni before him. X groans, having an idea where this is going.

"Ah nuts, you're not leaving too, are you?"

"I need discipline and training. For this, I must leave the group. But, I'll be back as soon as I can! I believe in our cause!"

"Well, all right...hurry back..."

Yamcha nods, swings his cape out behind him and walks off into the night. X nods after him and then begins to contemplate the days' events.

~~End Chapter 2~~