Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

An hour before the battle...

In front of Lesalia castle, a figure walks up and regards the tall structure, as if haggard from a long journey. The red, silk, pleated skirt surrounding his bottom swishes and sways in the wind. The loose white shirt he wears only hide half of the solid arms with which he wields the long katana slung on his shoulder.

"Must warn him..."

((Needless to say, I hate the look of FFT samurais so I...embellished a bit. Anyway, since this battle was so easy and quick, I decided to throw some extra stuff in.))

Battle 23: Back Gate of Lesalia Castle Party: X (Squire), Yamcha (Samurai), Enigma (Time Mage), Gravija (Dragoon), ???? (Ninja)

"This is just great...ab-so-****-ing-lute-ly great..."

From his slightly elevated perch at the zenith of the outdoor steps, X surveys the troops out for his head. Three Knights, two female Monks, and the Holy Priest himself, Zalmo. X whips out his twin blades and crosses one in front of Alma.

"Go, run!!"

"No way! I'm staying here!"

"Grr..."

X yells and gets ready to jump from the stairs and onto the grass for a doomed attack. Luckily, before his irrational mind can complete that command, a voice interrupts.

"Don't lose your head. Victory can still be obtained."

X turns his head to the source to find that a portion of wall from the castle is distorting to reveal a ninja cloaked in blue. Upon recognizing, X's face lights up.

"Ninja!"

Still, one more isn't enough is it? Luckily, there's more to come. Case in point, a green blur falls from the skies, bounces off the ground and comes to a halt at X's side. X takes a look at the armor and puts two and two together.

"Grav? What are you doing here?"

"I made the accquataince of a really cute priestess in the cathedral and she let slip that some Beoulve had just been branded a heretic! That only leaves so many candidates. Enigma should be here soon."

"Huh..."

Right on cue, the sound of energy assembling can be heard from right behind X. Enigma phases in, panting, obviously never having to ever teleport so far. X chuckles and figures the odds aren't so bad now. Still, there's but one more to come...but Zalmo's not that patient. He sends his thugs at the squire, clearly peeved.

"It doesn't matter how many of you there are! I'll expunge all you heretics!!"

A monk raises her arms and calls upon her knowledge of geomancy to make the ground underneath X and Alma shift a bit. The damage is light, and easily ignored. Enigma gets some support ready and lets loose with Haste, quickening himself and the other two. Alma has her own idea of support in mind and retreats to the back to recite the incantations. Soon, M. Barrier goes off around Enigma.

"Huwahh!"

The ninja hops up on the rail of the stone steps and removes some shurikens from his sleeve. He hurls them thusly with expert precision...yet still misses his intended target, being the monk. Or does he? As the monk sidesteps, she also brings herself into X's attacking range who makes the most of the moment, easily killing her with two sword swipes.

"Up, up, and away..."

Grav runs at the other monk in usual fashion and leaps up into the sky just as she's about to pre-empt him. While's she's distracted, the ninja chucks a Water Ball at her, hitting her with frigid ice.

"Get away from my sister you..."

X attacks the knight stationed in front of Alma. The first swipe hits clean, but the knight catches on and shields the second blow.

"X, behind you!!"

X turns around to see an ignored knight raising his sword to strike. X freaks, but is unable to avoid the slash and takes critical damage.

"Dammit..."

"No more loss of precious life!"

All heads on the field turn to the entrance where the figure from an hour ago is raising a katana above his head. The katana responds to the samurai's wishes and rains the water of life upon X's wounds, healing him for the most part.

"Yamcha? Hey, thanks!"

"We can talk after."

At that moment, Grav comes around above Yamcha's head and waves his greeting on the way down. The hero side looks to see the dragoon's handiwork and...well, it ain't pretty. Speaking of not pretty, the knight X attacked is reaping revenge by felling Alma in one heavy sword blow. ...Can we say "Hyper Mode"? X, en route to Zalmo is angry, and in very deep loathing. Unfortunately for Zalmo, he's the closest...

"I'll heretic you..."

X leaps at Zalmo and strikes with both swords at once, sending the inquisitor into the terminal.

"Damn heretics...god'll fix you!!

And the pansies retreat.

"Pansies."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~

After the battle, X gets another chance to confront his ninja ally.

"Can I at least get a name this time?"

"...Schatten."

"Huzzah?"

"It means "Shadow". ...I'll see you again."

And once again, "Schatten" phases away with a smoke bomb. X shrugs and turns to another matter. He slaps his palm on Yamcha's shoulder, glad to see him again.

"Hey, you're back! ...Where'd you go again?"

"For training in a foreign land. I've learned a lot. About myself...about this weapon."

Yamcha holds out the Murasame for X's awe. He puts it away and nods to himself.

"So, where to?"

"Orbornne Monastery."