Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 24: Orbornne Monastery Second Floor Party: X (Squire), X Files Master (Monk), Lord Odin (Summoner), CrimsonScythe (Archer), Lady Ayana (White Mage)

"Oh, of course, god forbid that this should be easy."

X, of course, is gesturing to the three lancers, two time magi and chemist barring his group's path down to the third floor. A minor annoyance, really. X descends via the staircase and attacks a lancer blocking his way. The first sword stikes dead on, but the second one only finds the cold steel of a shield to smack into. Said lancer jumps up to the upper level and spears XF from right where he is. The monk easily returns the favor and punches him in the face.

"Maybe arrows are my thing..."

Crimson takes a perch mere steps away from the edge of the level, overlooking floors of bookcases. Regardless, he raises his bow and arrow and fires it at the chemist.

"Ashes to dust..."

A poor time mage looks up to see Lord Odin grinning evilly. Seconds later, he finds out why. Titan shoots up from the ground and imparts his huge fist onto the mage's jaw, killing him instantly. Continuing, he hits the ground and the earth around another lancer's feet shivers and quakes, bashing him about in his armor.

"Wait, there's still summon magic in the air..."

Lord Odin's observation leads all to regard the other time mage at the bottom of the steps, chanting arcane words. His words come to an end and call Shiva from the land of summoned monsters. Luckily, X is the only one to bear the brunt of the attack and he takes it like a champ. During the distraction, the chemist uses a Hi Potion on the lancer who was attacked by Titan.

"We really don't have time for this..."

X rushes back up the stairs and jumps in usual fashion. The lancer grappling with XF never sees what hits him and falls dead away to the ground. Crimson raises his bow into the air, comfortable on his perch and fires at the chemist. Lady Ayana reinforces this effort by jumping down and whacking the guy with her mallet, er...staff.

Now that the battle has become one sided, the result is concluded quickly. Summons from Odin, and attacks from both Xs end the battle in short fashion. Is it laziness on the author's part? I'll let you be the judge. X looks to his next destination and formulates a simple plan.

"Okay, you guys stay here and hold the fort. I'll take the rest with me-"

"Kweh!!"

"You wanna stay with Ayana? ...Fine. Not like I care. If it were up to me, you would've been cooked for dinner a long time ago..."

The groups white mage raises her staff threateningly at her leader who slowly backs up, en route to the next floor.

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~