Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Battle 25: Orbornne Monastery Third Floor Party: X (Squire), Silverwing (Dragoon), Zhuge Liang (Dragoon), Gravija (Dragoon), Enigma (Time Mage)

When the squire nears the floor, he hops off the ladder he used to get down there. The sight that greets him is something less than encouraging. It's a dimly lit maze of bookcases. A a murmur of a curse, he walks forward, with his active party following him through. It's not long before a voice begins to speak to him.

"If it isn't X the heretic! This is perfect! Hand me your holy stones!"

"Sorry, I'm not into doing that kinda thing with guys. There's a reason I keep the ladies around."

X sure has a penchant for saying the wrong thing, doesn't he? He's abruptly smacked on the head with the blunt end of a spear that wise ass remark.

"Rrr...fine, have it your way! I'll take them from you!"

"Please, not my tenderness! I've been saving it for that one special girl...I'd hate to have to explain why I'm missing-"

"Argh!!! You idiot! I'll flay you alive..."

"Oh, so you like to do the hurtin', eh? What's that like? Do you get a real high off of it?"

"Kill him!!!!!"

To the casual observer, it looks like X is being a complete moron. But, in reality, he's pinpointed Izlude's location and has already inflicted some harm upon his troops. The lone summoner in the corner goes down without much of a fight. Silver and Zhuge tend to the archers while Enig and Grav get into position for the main attack. X continues to goad Izlude.

"Kill me? Is this really about me? I think it's about Izlude. Do you have a therapist? I think you have issues."

"Shut up you weirdo!!!"

X takes a quick survey of the field to figure out how much longer he'll have to keep this up. Not seeing Zhuge or Silver, he figures they're up in the air. He's proved right when Zhuge comes down and implants his spear into one of the archers. Silver follows a second behind and does the same to her archer as well.

"Let me guess. Parents divorced before puberty? Daddy doesn't acknowledge your accomplishments? Some little prick ((Hey Dev, are ya reading this? How's it going? Come on down, the climate's great! Or Crimson, do you enjoy my work? And to any other mod, I offer a cookie.)) killed your sister? ...Oh...right..."

"Why you little-"

"It's textbook my friend. There's no reason to get angry that you- Attack!!!"

With that command, Enigma teleports right behind Izlude and his knights and charges a Demi. Grav jumps in and up, preparing his charged assult. X and the dragoons begin their spelunking through the maze in order to assist. Demi goes off and hurts the knights, but not much. Luckily, Grav comes down and kills off a knight.

"I can't believe that actually worked..."

"Don't get too cocky, we're still outmatched."

Minutes later, X and crew arrive at the site, only to find Enigma's pessimistic outlook justified. He's unconscious and Grav is terminal. On the bright side, one of the knights is terminal as well.

"Silver, take care of him! I'll take care of the kid with issues."

"I'm sure you're excited to do that..."

"Now don't you start with me..."

Before X gets a chance to look to his target, he's slashed in his side with a Diamond Sword. X turns his head to find an infuriated Izlude.

"Did I say something to offend you?"

*snap*

A knife fight later, Izlude is down on his knees, about to use the Teleport 3 that every single human boss in this game seems to know. X waves bye bye.

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~