Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

The RP/FF Zodiac Story

Fifteen minutes prior...

"God, this is boring..."

Lady Ayana's group stands guard, just as X asked. Only problem is that it's the most boring thing in the world. Though, that's problem's about to be remedied by a Lighting Stab which seemingly comes from nowhere.

"We're under attack!!"

Battle 26: Orbornne Monastery Party: X (Squire), Schatten (Ninja), The G Admiral (Mediator), Yamcha (Samurai), Boco (Black Chocobo)

X runs up the steps to pursue Izlude, only to find a sight which he thought could only exist in his worst nightmares. All the units he left stationed have been felled, either with stab wounds, or burn wounds. The only halfway conscious one is Ayana who's lying on the floor, with her robes in disarray. Wiegraf stands over her triumphantly, ready to deliver a final sword slash.

"It's too bad Izlude's troops had weakened you...you might've had a chance!"

Wiegraf raises his sword for the final attack, but as his back's arch reaches its zenith, balls of magical, colorful energy fly in from the left, knocking the breath from Wiegraf. Boco lands in front of Ayana and warks wildly, in an effort to scare the enemy units away.

"Boco, you tratior!!"

Wiegraf knocks the oversized bird away, and down the steps from which X is emerging. X takes one look at the wounded chocobo and then a look at the field. Lord Odin is down and out, but a blue glow resonates in his cloak...hmm. X Files is knocked out as well, but his hair is spiked, long, and blond as opposed to combed, short, and brown...go figure. Ironically, Crimson has been impaled with an arrow and is losing blood fast. And of course, he sees Ayana looking up to Wiegraf to receive cold steel.

"Augh!! No!!!"

X rushes up the steps in a futile effort. But, as Wiegraf brings his sword down, it falls apart in halves on the way down. The shortened blade falls short of LA's hair, sparing her.

"What?"

Schatten uncloaks between the white mage and white knight, holding out his two Ninja Knives, one of them having just sliced through a sword. ((Yeah, I gave him Battle Skill for effect. Cool, eh?)) The mage breathes a sigh of relief just as X reaches the top, followed by his troops.

"Hey, ninja, thanks!"

"It's not a bother."

"Rrr...I'll kill you both and avenge my sister!!!"

Yeah. Sure. You're going to rush in, placing yourself in between two guys with the Two Swords support skill. This ends quickly.

"Argh...I can't afford to die..."

~~This Battle is Complete!!~~

Days Later...

X, marveling at a shiny new sword, happens upon his favorite white mage skipping stones at a non descript pond. Not having much to do, he walks up from behind and taps her on the shoulder. She stands up to greet the commander with an old fashioned salute. The squire is taken aback.

"Uh...are you okay? Do you have a fever?"

"No..."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Don't want to talk-"

"Ya know, there's about 31 sensitive areas on a human body to tickle..."

"...Wiegraf."

The two sit down and grab some pebbles for skipping. X begins to wallow in his own sorrows, considering that Alma has been kidnapped. Then, he considers the Germonik Scriptures given to him by Simon that just depresses him even more.

"What about Wiegraf?"

"I've...never felt so...helpless in my life..."

"There's no shame in it. Weigraf is a strong enemy-"

"It doesn't matter!! I don't want anyone putting themselves in danger to save me!! Not you, not the ninja, no one!!"

The priestess throws a rock especially hard and sends it all the way to the other side of the pond. She stands and turns. X stands after her. As he does, he drops the sword he was holding. The blade stabs the dirt and stands the sword upright. The white mage turns at the sound.

"What's that?"

"Eh? Oh, it's a Rune Blade. I took Silver and Crimson for some exercise and we found it hidden in some bushes. ((Okay, so I stole it. Leave me alone.)) Pretty neat, huh?"

"Hmm...can I borrow this?"

X quickly picks up on the hidden request and nods his head.

"It's too heavy to use with another sword at once anyway."

The unlikely candidtate for swordplay walks up to the blade and lifts it up from the dirt. She struggles at first, but quickly catches on.

"So you can always help yourself."