Diesist

Worshipping Clans

This religion worships Dies, the Sorcery Goddess. She is also known as the Serpentine Sorceress and Ryuu no Tomodachi (Friend of Dragons). Dies has long blue-purple hair, violet eyes, a green Serpentine body, and generally wears a purple hooded robe/cape combo that accents her breasts.
Even those who do not worship her as a primary deity honor Dies in some way. Because of her close relationship with Ladon, she has a friendly relationship with the Light Dragons and helps them when they fight the Dark Dragons. Thus, it isn't uncommon to see a few Light Dragons visiting a Serpentine festival to Dies. Also, many sorcerers honor Dies because of her great skill in magic.
Her biggest enemy is her twin sister, Myria. Both girls were born from Ladon and Atamoni in a time before the Clans existed. Their rivalry goes much further than mortal siblings as Myria fights against her father and sister.


History

Dies and Myria's rivalry began during Prehistoric ages. In a time before sorcery, Dies had very little to do. When her sister created the Reptites to make trouble for the Huma, Dies was the most vocal against her joke. Bickering began between them and their mother tried to stop the arguing.
When Myria tricked the Dragons to turn against Ladon for power, it was Dies who worked to get them to return to being a kindly race. She sent visions to those who seemed to think their deeds were getting too controlling and convinced them to help others instead. These were the residents who returned to worshiping Ladon later on.
After Zeal's fall, Dies began to concentrate her power of magic to help the depressed survivors of the disaster in all the refugee camps. Once the ice melted at last, the ability to use magic was restored to first the Serpentine Clan and the Elves. Because she appeared to the Serpentine before casting the spell, they felt they should honor and worship her. Through these two races, magic of the elements rather than the parasite Lavos began to grow in the world.
As the years passed, Dies was the god who most frequently came into the world. She did so to teach powerful mages and help heroes fight Myria's allies. This has helped save many lives in the war.


Worship

Celebrations to Dies are considered some of the most colorful and flashy in existence. Every Sunday, the Serpentine go to fields near their towns and build a huge bonfire at 9 PM. Ten sorcerers will cast a basic Flare spell to create flashes across the flames, while ten more cast basic Jolt spells on the opposite side. Both sets of sorcerers look towards the flames as they cast and aim for the sky. Everyone there then sings songs of praise to Dies during the casting of the spells.
On both Solstices and Equinoxes, the Serpentine hold a day long festival from midnight of the day before until the midnight of the event. Sorcerers and Light Dragons tend to come to these events and also give honor to Dies. Though the bonfires are held at 9 PM on the Solstice or Equinox, the rest of the festival is littered with booths filled with sweet pastries, Dies's favorite food, and red and purple streamers are thrown all over the area. Songs of praise are heralded to Dies from all of the people attending.