Legacy of the Shamans

Sections

~*Story*~

Long ago, when King Krichevskoy had just tamed his Netherworld and became the Overlord, there was a tribe of Demons who lived in the highest hills of their world. This clan, dubbed the Shamanic Tribe, did not care to rule the Netherworld nor did they care who their Overlord was. All they asked was to be left alone to follow their traditions, and they would aid their Overlord in whatever way possible. Krichevskoy, being a good natured Demon, was quick to agree to these terms; there was no point starting more fighting if the other side wasn't out for dominance. And so, on the very day his reign as Overlord began, he signed an alliance with King Edwin of the Shamans.

Under the agreement, the Shamans were obligated to help fight off any threat to their Neitherworld or to the rule of the Overlord. But due to the way Krichevskoy handled his world, there was never any need; other Demons were either afraid of his power or felt their lives were good enough under his rule. This went on for millennia, in which time Krichevskoy's son Laharl was born, and King Edwin was blessed with both a daughter and granddaughter.

But one day, the Shaman's simply vanished...

Nobody knew exactly what happened. Some said that they died as a first line of defense against a threat that didn't make it further than the mountains. Others thought it was a sign of something that would come later. The debate raged on, with theories that got wilder as time went on, for nearly a thousand years. It was then that King Krichevskoy passed away, and war started up for his throne.

One day, two years after the king died, Krichevskoy's vassal, Etna, was out scouring the land for some hired help to protect the Overlord's throne. As if by chance, she found several young Demons claiming to be descendants of the Shaman Tribe who survived the massacre of their people a thousand years earlier. The memories of the old pact still in their minds, they decided to join up with Laharl in hopes of returning their world to its true king.


~*Main Characters*~

A list of all the major fighters in Laharl's army. Their race of Demon ages at the rate of normal humans, but they can stop aging at any time through their magic; since all of N1's games seem to have characters who look older than people who are older than them, which either means different types of humanoids age differently, or other factors are involved. Beware of spoilers for both Vassals, Wild ARMs 3 and the various Teefa85 Production Fanfics relating to it.

Name: Virginia
Age: 1008
Hair: Brown tied in a braid
Class: Cleric
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: All Types
Position: Princess of Shamans, Chief of Laharl's healers
Bio: The granddaughter of King Edwin and heir to the throne, she was hidden away in a secret room with her companions during the invasion. She is generally a bright and cheerful girl, but her responsibilities as the next ruler and job to protect the Royal Treasure can sometimes cause her stress, although she is careful to hide that from the others. Like her mother and grandfather before her, she is a master of all the magic types in the world, but focuses primarily on her healing aspect; she only knows up to Mega level magic in Fire and Wind, while up to Giga in Star and Ice.
Original Universe Data: The version of Virginia Maxwell used as a base for our chief healer came from a theory originally proposed by Teefa and the other girls. In it, Wild ARMs 1 and 3 were connected, and Virginia was the descendant of the Adlehyde Royal Family. However, at her core, she is still the same Virginia "Ginny" Maxwell beloved by many a fanfic author. She just has a lot more magic, based on her Crest Graph abilities in that fanfic universe.

Name: Jet
Age: 1010
Hair: Silver with spikes
Class: Ninja
Weapon: Axe
Magic Used: None
Position: Virginia's personal bodyguard, Head of Spies
Bio: Son of the head of the Royal Guard and a priestess, he was bumped up to Virginia's personal bodyguard after the slaughter of his people. During that horrible event, both his little sister and the princess begged him to find out what was happening, and he witnessed the murder of his parents by a Majin. Because of this, he has a rather dark outlook on life, and smiles extremely rarely...usually in the presence of Virginia or Jessica.
Original Universe Data: Originally a genetic android clone of a scientist's son, Jet was created to help rejuvenate the wounded environment of Filgaia. Having no memory, he was moody and distant, hating other people until he found friendship within the group. Not that it he stopped being cynical, he simply began to realize that it was important to befriend people. Due to the fact that Virginia is the one who helped him emotionally throughout the game, he is represented as either having a crush on her or being close to her in other ways in a majority of fanfics. This version of Jet is a ninja due to his speed abilities (only slower than Virginia, faster than most monsters and a Force Ability to make him go before everyone else on the battlefield), and wields an axe because of his strength in-game.

Name: Jessica
Age: 1006
Hair: Silver tied in a long ponytail
Class: Ronin
Weapon: Sword
Magic Used: Fire
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard, Spy
Bio: Jet's hyperactive little sister, Jessica is well known for her pyromania and love of explosives. Her cheerful demeanor is the exact opposite of her brother's stoicism, which has caused Jet trouble in the past when he had to get her out of a bind. After Flonne joined up with Laharl's vassals, the two women formed a close bond.
Original Universe Data: Inspired by several other fanfics featuring the daughter of Elliot Enduro, Teefa set out to make her own sister character. Jessica and her friends (Lyla, Vincent and Laura) starred in their own fanfic which spoke about their adventures around the same time as the game itself and culminated with Jessica finding out about what happened to her father and brother. Due to her love of both swords and fire magic, the Blazing Ronin character was developed.

Name: Alfred
Age: 1006
Hair: Blond
Class: Warrior
Weapon: Bow
Magic Used: None
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: Alfred and his sister Maya hail from a prominent family of snipers within the Shamanic Tribe. Although somewhat short and wimpy in appearance, he does have a very strong heart. However, he usually follows his big sister's lead in things, despite having pretty good leadership skills himself. He and Jessica have been close friends since they were children.
Original Universe Data: Just like this universe, Alfred spent most of Wild ARMs 3 following his older sister around, trying to apologize for her rude behavior. But when Maya is kidnapped by the enemy, Alfred proves himself to be quite the leader, using the talents held by himself and his teammates in order to get her free. He is very kind towards Virginia, and Jessica in the Blazing Guns fanfic universe, because they are friendly towards Maya. Reason for giving him a bow...couldn't think of anything else and it helped unlock the Archer class for Maya.

Name: Emily
Age: 1008
Hair: Blue worn long
Class: Mage
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Elemental Spells
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: Despite the fact that her mother was the Royal Midwife, Emily instead chose to follow the path of a warrior mage. As head of Virginia's Magic Squad, she is usually found attacking enemies from the back lines alongside Lyla. Generally good natured...but you might want to watch what you say about the princess...
Original Universe Data: Originally, she was written to be the daughter of Ekatrina Maxwell's best friend who met Virginia once in their childhood and befriended her a few years the events of WA3. However, during the massive fanfic universe rewrite that occurred during the creation of Blazing Guns, things were changed so that the girls (and Jessica) were all childhood friends who drifted apart after Ekatrina died. Emily has always been a minor character, simply there to support the others, though her magical abilities have helped to shape her appearance here.

Name: Leonard
Age: 1008
Hair: Black
Class: Brawler
Weapon: Fists
Magic Used: None
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: Emily's extremely protective bodyguard and the strong silent type. While Leonard is a fist fighter by trade, he has a love of tinkering with various machinery, usually with the help of Quess, Laharl's resident inventor. Now, if only he could create the ultimate battle weapons out of salvage from the crashed Earthships...
Original Universe Data: Emily's boyfriend or husband...that's about all he's ever been. While Emily has appeared and had speaking roles as a minor character, Leonard has always been mentioned in passing and/or seen alongside the others without talking, leading to his silent characterization here. Originally, he fought with custom ARMs, but there were more important characters to get the guns before he did and he ended up with what no one else fit. Teefa decided to keep his ARM customization and expand it to make him an inventor, though.

Name: Lyla
Age: 1005
Hair: Black worn long
Class: Mage
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Elemental Spells
Position: Guardian of the Priesthood
Bio: Along with her twin sister, she has the duty to protect the Shamanic Priesthood. But unlike Serena, Lyla chooses to go out on the front lines and fight rather than simply locking the priests up in the castle and staying near them. She does watch over Gallows when he's running around the battlefield, however most of the time she stays near her partner, Vincent.
Original Universe Data: Simply created to fill out the Blazing Gun's roster, Lyla was both an innocent girl and a strong willed warrior at the same time. Her relationship with Vincent was a plot point during certain scenarios, though it was not a primary focus of the story, and she was often knowledgeable about random facts about Filgaia's past. Because she was originally a Baskar whose job was to defend Shane and Gallows, it was a no brainer that she'd become a mage.

Name: Vincent
Age: 1008
Hair: Blond with spikes
Class: Scout
Weapon: Gun
Magic Used: None
Position: Prince of the Shamans
Bio: Virginia's twin brother. Shaman inheritance tended to go to the first daughter, so Vincent is only second in line for the throne. Not that it bothers him much, and he is in fact very protective of his little sister. Though most of his time is spent working and fighting alongside Lyla...
Original Universe Data: Vincent has two versions of his character: one where he thinks he was abandoned and fights Virginia over it years after WA3, and one where he finds out the truth early on and joins the Blazing Guns to find his real family. Both versions had him being kidnapped by Leehalt in a failed attempt to ruin the Maxwell's marriage, and in the end of both he is able to reunite with his twin. The latter version had a relationship between him and Lyla, while the former version had him decide to stay single for personal reasons (partly due to Teefa not writing a random girl for a one liner in a fic).

Name: Laura
Age: 1014
Hair: Brown worn long
Class: Magic Knight
Weapon: Sword
Magic Used: Elemental Spells
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: A somewhat flirtatious young soldier who enjoys the good things in life...such as romance and alcohol. Though she is a big sister figure to the rest of the cast, and tends to be quite practical, whenever she gets into a partying mode there's no stopping her. It's probably why she and Gallows get along so well
Original Universe Data: Laura's character was created to fill out the Blazing Gun's roster, and her personality was created to be a female version of Gallows, partly for pairing purposes and partly for team dynamics. Their meeting late in the fic was written to be a pure humor moment, much to the annoyance of Clive, Lyla and Vincent, and served as a catalyst to help them both become more responsible in the area of flirtations and booze. In this universe, her class was chosen because of the Elemental Ammo that she used in special attacks back in Blazing Guns.

Name: Gallows
Age: 1014
Hair: Brown in little ponytails & a single stripe died white
Class: Skull
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Elemental Spells
Position: Priest
Bio: Eldest of the High Priestess's grandsons, Gallows prefers the easy life. However, he'd much rather be out there fighting than staying hidden and protected in the palace. Gallows is usually very brotherly to the girls in his group, seeing the younger ones as little sisters, but a total flirt to most of the random women on both sides of the battlefield. Laura is the only one he really acts normal around, possibly because of her similar personality.
Original Universe Data: Pretty much unchanged personality wise from WA3, where he was a runaway who wanted to live the simple life rather than one burdened by his duties. There are some references back to Blazing Guns, such as his relationship with Laura, but nothing that detracts from the core of Gallows' character; there's even the strain between him and his grandmother, and his protectiveness over his little brother. Because of his in game magic strength, it was only natural that Gallows be represented by a Skull.

Name: Maya
Age: 1012
Hair: Blond
Class: Archer
Weapon: Bow
Magic Used: None
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: Eldest child of a prominent sniper family and the older sister of Alfred. Maya has been Virginia's rival since they were children, not wanting to be stood up by a noble. However, the two also share a deep bond of trust and understanding, and their rivalry is usually quite friendly. She is also quite protective of her little brother, for all the yelling she does at him. It's just her own brand of friendliness...
Original Universe Data: Maya's original role really was as Virginia's rival, being leader of one of the only two Drifter groups she comes in contact with (considering what happened to Janus' team, it drops to just Virginia vs. Maya on the rivalry front by the end of Chapter 1). Though she comes off as rude and brash, it's more or less because she has trouble being friendly with other people; Alfred has apologized for her outbursts on at least one occasion, in fact. Her main motivation is to collect the biggest and most beautiful gems in the world; if it's not treasure then she's not interested in it and will either leave Virginia alone or help her if the people she's fighting are annoying Maya. She's an archer...because there isn't a female class excelling in guns.

Name: Percival
Age: 1011
Hair: Brown
Class: Cleric
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Healing, Ice
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard
Bio: Maya's self-proclaimed bodyguard and personal healer. He was impressed by her battle prowess, and decided to devote his abilities to her and her alone, despite Maya constantly telling him to let her protect herself. She will admit that he's useful and reliable...but not to his face.
Original Universe Data: He first appeared in a next generation fic as Maya's husband and the father of her only child. However, when Blazing Guns came around, Teefa fleshed him out as a warrior who challenged her to a duel because he liked testing himself against the strong. Losing quite easily, Percival decided to follow and learn from Maya, much to her annoyance. It was never officially said when they let go of the fuss and got married, however it would have to be within a year and a half due to the age of their son. He became a healer in this story mainly because it fit his devotion to protect Maya, a seasoned warrior in her own right.

Name: Leila
Age: 1015
Hair: Blue worn long
Class: Rogue
Weapon: Sword
Magic Used: None
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard, Spy
Bio: Due to her family's proud tradition of being Rogues, and the fact that her only brother died in the massacre, Leila is forced to cross dress and carry out the will of her late father. However, all that causes is the other Demons to make her the butt of every joke. She doesn't get along with many people as a result, especially the overly cheerful Jessica.
Original Universe Data: A one shot character who robbed Gallows blind and forced the gang to go to a creepy clown themed ruin, mainly as a result of Teefa trying to deal with her own psychological trauma regarding clowns. However, upon seeing the Rogue's design, Teefa was sure the character was female and used Leila as her model...eventually getting a nasty surprise when she saw Rogues for the first time in the Item World. Due to the joke potential, Teefa kept things as-is.

Name: Clive
Age: 1020
Hair: Green
Class: EDF Soldier
Weapon: Gun
Magic Used: None
Position: Royal Shamanic Guard, Strategist
Bio: Besides High Priestess Halle, Clive was the oldest member of the Shamanic Tribe to escape death a thousand years ago. Since he is closer in age to the rest of them, and a scholar by trade, the others often go to him for advice. He is also the first Shaman post-exile to marry and father a child.
Original Universe Data: The calm, cool and collected head among Virginia's allies and a scholar searching for a way to rejuvenate Filgaia. Clive's relationship with his wife, Catherine, and daughter, Kaitlyn, add a lot to his character and its development throughout the story, making them a rare instance where a party member or enemy has a family for something other than demonstrating how tragic loss can motivate someone. He became an EDF Soldier (really just Clive researching and emulating foreign gun skills) because of his ability to Lock On to an enemy target for 100% accuracy and a damage boost.


~*Side Characters/Mascots*~

Non main characters in the series, as well as character mascots. The first group consists of family members of the action oriented vassals, who support the troops in their own ways while staying safely in the castle. The second group does fight, however they are monster characters whose sole job is to support the main characters in battle and usually don't have stories dedicated to them like the main cast.

Name: Catherine
Age: 1019
Hair: Blond worn long
Class: Cleric
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Healing
Position: Healer
Bio: Clive's wife, and one of the healers working in the castle to help Melody, Laharl's resident Ronin Nurse. She has always been the background, supportive type and is willing to do anything to hold down the fort while Clive and the others are out. A few years back, she and Clive were blessed with a beautiful daughter, who has become the most important person in their lives.
Original Universe Data: Catherine may have only played a supporting role, but she was nevertheless important to Clive's dedication and motivation. Whenever the team was in Humphrey's Peak, she gave them a place to stay and tried her best to find some other ways to help them out. And she always had encouragement for Clive no matter what was going on, and willing to wait and trust in his abilities as a Drifter.

Name: Kaitlyn
Age: 6
Hair: Blond with a blue ribbon on each side of her head
Class: None
Weapon: None
Magic Used: None
Position: None
Bio: Clive and Catherine's daughter, and the only child born since the massacre. She is extremely close to her parents, something that mystifies Laharl. Although she isn't old enough yet to help in combat, she tries her best to support her father and the others, like helping her mother clean the clinic or cook.
Original Universe Data: Kaitlyn is a real adorable kid in the game. Not only is she a total sweetheart benefiting her age, but it's she who helps Clive realize what is truly important to him late in the game when he feels he can no longer fight. And she does it by showing the naive innocence of a child towards him too.

Name: Halle
Age: 3781
Hair: Brown worn long in many ponytails
Class: Cleric
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Healing, Star
Position: High Priestess
Bio: As the Shamanic High Priestess, she was ordered into hiding with the children in order to act as their guardian once the massacre ended. While she is a wise and knowledgeable woman, she is often frustrated with Gallows' stupidity and whacks him with her staff to show her displeasure. However, her intent is more to get him to shape up and be an adult, not to cause him pain.
Original Universe Data: Pretty much the same person with different circumstances. High Priestess of her tribe...check. Two grandsons...check. The cats and dogs fighting with Gallows...double check! She was usually the one Virginia's team went to for advice, due to her knowledge about the Guardians and legends of the past, providing both the necessary information for their missions and the humor related to her interaction with Gallows.

Name: Shane
Age: 1007
Hair: Brown worn long in a braid
Class: Cleric
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Healing, Star
Position: Priest
Bio: The second grandson of Halle, and Gallows' younger brother. Shane never was much of a warrior, however he was always a bit of a visionary and seer. His mystic abilities have been a great help to Virginia's team in the past, and are currently working wonders for Laharl.
Original Universe Data: Though he also had dream visions in WA3, they were the result of a Demon who was using several characters for her own ends. He is the more studious of Halle's grandchildren, and extremely supportive of his brother. Of course, the enemy tries to use his fears of his own weakness against him and the team...

Name: Serena
Age: 1005
Hair: Black worn long
Class: Mage
Weapon: Staff
Magic Used: Elemental Spells
Position: Guardian of the Priesthood
Bio: Lyla's twin sister and the second Guardian of the Priesthood. Unlike her sister, however, Serena has decided to keep herself close to Halle and Shane as they stay in the palace, just in case an attack gets through. She is extremely devoted to her duty, and willing to fight to the death for what she believes is right.
Original Universe Data: A minor character indeed. Serena's one appearance was during the scenes in Baskar early on in Blazing Guns. Pretty much the only things she did were introducing Jessica and Laura to Halle, which set up for the entrances of Lyla and Vincent, as well as talk to them while Vincent was unconscious. But in another fic, Shane had a son who was talking with Jet and Virginia's twins during their visit to Baskar. Hmmmmmmm...Teefa never wrote his mother out either...

Name: Hikari
Age: 1001
Hair: Pink in a ponytail
Class: Nekomata
Weapon: Her body
Magic Used: None
Position: Virginia's pet, Team Mascot
Bio: Nekomatas were always symbols of strength to the Shaman Tribe, and it was customary for one to partner up with the heir to the throne. Thus, when Ekatrina's Nekomata had a baby, she became Virginia's pet. Now a grown Nekomata, Hikari is usually seen acting as a bodyguard for Virginia alongside Jet.
Original Universe Data: Nothing; she was created for the Vassals series specifically to be Virginia's pet. Her name, however, is based on what Teefa called Ginny's horse in WA3, both before learning its real name and after she promptly forgot all the horses names (besides Jet's...since his horse's name literally is horse in Japanese and its funny for that reason alone) due to liking hers better.

Name: Frisky
Age: 100
Hair: Pink in a ponytail
Class: Nekomata
Weapon: Her body
Magic Used: None
Position: Jessica's pet
Bio: During the Maderas debacle in Jotunheim, one of the Nekomata was hanging around in back, thinking the whole thing was pretty funny. However, when she noticed Jessica seemed to be as cheerful and fun loving as her during the battle, she immediately decided to leave Maderas' crack army for Laharl's. Giving her name as Frisky, she and the young Ronin instantly formed a bond and became inseparable friends.
Original Universe Data: In Misadventures of the Blazing Guns, Jessica had a little pet named Frisky who was a golden tiger; that means her fur was gold with black stripes, and she was the size of an ordinary house cat. The closest thing in the original Disgaea was a Nekomata, due to Hell/Saber Kitties not coming in until Phantom Brave and not joining the Disgaea series until the third game. Frisky was generally fun loving and playful, usually bringing the mood back up when the other characters were down for some reason. Though she spent most major plot scenes in the Sandcraft, due to the odd stares villagers would have if they saw a "monster" traveling with Jessica's team.

Name: Lombardia
Age: 2000
Hair: None, just green scales
Class: Dragon
Weapon: Her fangs
Magic Used: None
Position: Team Dragon
Bio: After the battle between the Shamans and the mysterious attacker that destroyed their nation, one of the young Dragons from the nearby colony came over to investigate. Upon finding out what happened, she had them taken to the Dragon's Den where they stayed for the next hundred years for protection. Once they were ready to set out on their own, the Dragon decided to join their team in order to keep watch over their backs.
Original Universe Data: The name of the Dragon you fly around on late game. Teefa really just wanted an excuse to have a Dragon join the team.


~*Movie: The Royal Gem*~

This is a summary of the movie that follows the events of the game...

Two and a half years years after Laharl became Overlord, an odd wind blows throughout the Netherworld. Suddenly, while the royal court is in the middle of a banquet, a force of monsters attacks the palace, heading right for Virginia. With the help of his vassals, Laharl is able to send them packing, however one accidentally lets slip that they are after a heirloom gem owned by the Shamans, and have been searching for it since their people fell a thousand years ago.

Upon Laharl's request, Virginia explains the story of what happened during the invasion. Her mother, the crowned princess, had given her the mysterious Tear Drop, a relic of great power that only could be used by females of the royal family, with the instructions to hide it away when she went into the secret room. Said room could only be opened by the Tear Drop and thus the enemy was unable to get to their group. Therefore, they raided the entire palace and left once they realized the gem wasn't there. However, Halle and Clive always believed they would be back some day, since they wouldn't be that ignorant to believe the princess would simply vanish without a trace.

The culprit of the Shaman Massacre, a Majin named Janus, soon makes his presence known and demands both the princess and the Tear Drop so that he can take over all the Netherworlds with it. Effortlessly swatting away Jet, Hikari and Jessica when they try to defend her, he moves in to take her...only to be stopped when Flonne jumps in and starts rambling on about love and justice, stunning him out of pure shock more than anything. Though the effect soon wears off, it has left just enough time for Etna to summon every Prinny in the castle like a giant wave to knock him out the window, then she herself boots him to the stratosphere with her gun the second he falls down. However, he's not yet dead and the group knows he'll be back.

Flonne contacts Master Lamington, who agrees to hide Virginia in Celestia until the danger has cleared. At the same time, Jet goes along with his sister, Frisky and Hikari on a training mission that quickly degrades into comedy as they are sent on Fetch Quests, enemies have hilarious timing and Jessica manages to foul up quite a few things. Eventually, however, Jet manages to claim Airget-lamb, a mysterious axe that was modified from a legendary sword in some human world or another. With that in tow, he races back to the castle...only to find it under assault from Janus' army.

The four vassals fights their way through the enemy lines, hoping to get back to their allies before it's too late. Along the way, they are joined by Leila, who had been on assignment to search for a place to build Laharl's vacation home and now sports the female Thief class outfit found in Veldime. Together, they are able to break through the barricade, joining their friends just as a battle between Laharl and Janus has gotten underway.

Janus demands to know where Virginia is, threatening to kill them all if they don't hand her and the gem over. Before anyone can talk, however, the princess appears before them, holding a large staff with the Tear Drop embedded on top. She explains that her mother had given Laharl's the sacred Dist Dims, a treasure staff of the Shamans, so that she could use its magic to better aid the Overlord, and Krichevskoy in turn loaned it to the Seraph before he went to fight Baal. By combining its power with that of the Royal Gem, Seraph Lamington was able to create a weapon that would amplify its user's power greatly. But its real strength came from being able to combine the wills of magicians together, allowing them to attack together.

With Virginia there to activate the Tear Drop, Emily, Lyla, Gallows and Flonne join her in focusing their magic through the staff. Each of them focuses on a Tera Level spell, resulting in the combined summoning of all four magical entities at once. The spells all hit Janus simultaneously, just as Jet attacks with Calamity Drive. Though Janus survives, he is weakened greatly, and falls when Etna shoots him for breaking open the door to her secret room during his raid.

Several days later, peace return to Laharl's Netherworld. With the Shamans' greatest enemy vanquished, they decide to return to their homeland in order to rebuild and honor the souls that were killed by Janus a thousand years earlier. However, Virginia and Laharl renew the promise made by their predecessors, so she is still ready to help Laharl if ever his Netherworld is invaded. The Overlord decides to avoid a cliched goodbye where he watches them walk away and simply goes back inside to play Paprika Cart Racing...until Etna storms into the room with an angry look on her face.


~*Cameos in Other Series*~

In one episode of Beast Warriors, Vene is giving Burianne some pointers on thieving, saying that she did so before with another young woman from a different Netherworld. However, that woman was wearing a very boyish outfit and told Vene that it was the only thing thieves wore in their world and she only wished they had outfits like in Veldime. In response, Vene gave her a replica of the clothes worn by Veldime thieves. Although she never directly tells the viewer who that thief was, its obvious based on context that she's talking about Leila.

One of Etna's Prinnies says he wishes he was back in his own Netherworld, hanging around with Frisky and Hikari. Another says she was once a Dragon until Etna turned all of the monster vassals into Prinnies for her secret squad, and that her best friend was Lombardia.

After Etna remarks that Adell and Rozy have "one of those relationships," she says it's frighteningly similar to that of a young healer and ninja she worked with in the past, a reference to Jet and Virginia's constant bickering just before they got together at the tail end of the series.

When Laharl comes to take Etna back with him, he has Jet and Jessica standing around in the wings. Jessica playfully mentions that they're there on loan to keep him from doing something stupid, causing Laharl and Jet to yell at her.

Jessica's pyromania is alluded to in Guardian Club during the hot sauce argument, as Geoffery mentions a young woman who used hot sauce to spit fire like a Dragon, something she did during the battle with Maderas for kicks.

After Laharl's group appears in the first movie, Virginia and Vincent appear with news about where the Legendary Overlord is hiding out. The prince tells them that the entire spy unit (Jet, Jessica and Leila) had been charged with finding Baal so that they could help Laharl out in some way.

Faval and Patty's relationship in the fourth series, as well as a lot of Patty's easily excited behaviors, bring to mind Jet and Jessica from the original series. A hyperactive younger sister with a serious older brother that puts up with her. Unlike them, however, he isn't being teased about his love life. Flonne actually makes the direct reference later on.


~*References to Other Media*~

Once Flonne gets a hold of Jessica and the two become best friends, the latter's clumsiness and the former's love freak attitude clash to create speeches and antics reminiscent of Amelia from Slayers.

When Flonne first sees Jet's hair, and realizes what his attitude is like, she jumps his back and begins searching his head. He asks what the hell she's doing and she replies that she's looking for his doggie ears, a crack on some old Inu Yasha jokes that the dorm used to tell about Jet.