Chapter 2


"Man, Shut-Up!" Twenty year old Chris Joannou cried, throwing a pillow over his head as Ben continued talking to his girlfriend. River had called only minutes before, and it wasn't long before he had started in on the baby talk. Grinning widely, Ben turned his back on his friend, and listened intently to what River had to say.

"Okay...I love you too." He smiled broadly, daring Chris to say anything less. "All right, bye."

"Thank God, you're done." Chris said, watching his friend Ben Gillies hang up the phone.

"Ah shut-up, you're just jealous that you don't have a girlfriend." Ben shrugged, as Chris flipped him the finger and settled onto the floor of Ben's bedroom.

"Anyway, River wants us to meet her and her friend at some coffee place." Ben mumbled as Chris moaned.

"Since when do either of us drink coffee?" Chris asked skeptically as Ben shook his head.

"She wants us to go so you can meet her friend Amber." He nodded matter of factly. "And she said she has a surprise or something."

"I don't want to meet anyone..." He paused slowly. "Is she cute?" He asked, as Ben shuttered visibly.

"Oh don't ever say anything about her being cute," Ben ordered as Chris laughed.

"If she's that bad, why do I want to meet her?" Chris asked anxiously as Ben threw on a clean shirt.

"She's not bad looking. I mean, she's okay...you'd like her." He said, pausing to slip on a pair of sneakers.

"What does she look like?" Chris asked. ,p> "I don't know ... kinda short, brown curly hair, sort of pale looking. She's got huge..." Chris cut Ben off.

"I don't see what's so bad about her." He shrugged, placing his own shoes on his feet.

"She looks okay, but man, she can be a bitch sometimes." He laughed to himself as Chris looked at him nervously.

"Great, just what I need. Why does she want us to meet her?" Chris asked, running a hand through his scruffy hair.

"Beats the hell put of me." Ben shrugged, checking himself in the mirror quickly. "Probably trying to set you and Amber up." He smiled cheekily, grabbing his keys and turning to Chris.

"I'm not being set up with anyone!" He said firmly as Ben nodded.

"Whatever," He said flatly."Let's go,"

*************************************************

"Do I look okay?" Amber asked self-consciously as River nodded, trying to calm her friends nerves. Sipping on her drink, River grinned as Ben's car pulled into the parking lot. "Hey." Ben yelled, grinning happily as River kicked a chair out for him, forcing Chris to take a seat next to Amber.

"So," River smiled, facing Amber and Chris, "This is Chris Joannou. Chris, this is Amber Hetfield." She said as they both exchanged a nervous hello.

"So what's up with you kids?" Ben asked, shoving River's arm playfully.

"Look at this." She said excitedly, pulling the house catalogue's from her rucksack.

"Nice..." Ben said, taking a sip of River's drink.

"We are buying it." River grinned as Ben looked at her oddly.

"And how are you going to affords this?" Ben asked as she grabbed her drink back from him.

"You're going to help us." She smiled sweetly as he shook his head.

"I'm not buying it for you! Can't you just be like other guys' girlfriends and ask for a ring or something?" He exclaimed as she frowned.

"Of course you're not buying this for me! " She said as Chris watched Amber from the corner of his eye. She was attractive with shoulder length curly brown hair. She had striking green eyes and pale skin.

"You're going to help us pay for it when you two move in with us." Amber filled in as Ben and Chris stared at her in disbelief.

"We're what?" Ben asked as she nodded boredly.

"You two are looking for a place, we are too. Well, we found one." River shrugged as Chris looked at Ben for a response.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." He said softly as Ben nodded.

"What about you Am?" He asked as River glared at her, daring her to object.

"Yeah sounds good." She said through gritted teeth as Ben smiled.

"Good, then let's work this all out. Where is it?" He said happily, delving into the book with River. Amber groaned, burying her head in her hands.

"You okay?" Chris asked, breaking her train of though.

"Yeah," She smiled sarcastically, "Just ... peachy."



Continue
Previous
Return to Drama Index
Back to Main Page