Chapter 4


"Ha ha." Ben mocked River as he stood in the door way of his own room.

"Yeah, well, ha ha ha," River smirked, standing in the room across from him, "I have my own room too." She smiled as Chris and Amber walked into the scene a little late.

"Hey ... that means guess who's sharing a room." Ben smiled at River as Amber and Chris both began to protest.

"You two are girlfriend and boyfriend, why can't you share a room?" Amber cried as Chris agreed.

"Or why not Ben and I share a room? Or River and Amber?" He suggested as Ben and River both shook their heads with a smile.

"Uh uh, you should have moved faster." Ben laughed, slamming the door in Chris' face.

"River..." Amber whined as her friend shook her head with a smile.

"Sorry babes, have fun." She giggled wickedly. Closing the door softly, Amber groaned and turned towards Chris.

"So..." She mumbled, picking up her bag. Grabbing his own things, he followed her down the hallway towards their own room. Pushing the door open she couldn't help contain her excitement.

"Kick ass, it's huge!" She smiled, throwing her things onto the floor and rushing into the spacious room. There were two double beds, laying next to each other. There was also a walk in closet to the right of the beds and a large window, leading out onto the roof on the opposite wall.

"Which bed do you want?" Chris asked politely as Amber turned to him in confusion.

"Huh?" She questioned, turning to look at him. He was the same as she had remembered him but he had started growing a light goatee since she saw him last. 'At least he's cute,' She thought to herself as he dropped his things in front of him.

"Which bed do you want?" He asked once more as she shrugged.

"Which ever one you don't want." She smiled, trying to be nicer than she had been all day.

"Okay, I guess I'll take this one," he shrugged, placing his bags down on one of the beds.

Following suit, she claimed her bed, and threw open her bag. Frantically searching through her bag, Chris watched Amber curiously. "Ha found it!" She laughed, pulling a scraggily looking bunch of fabric from her things.

"What the hell is that?" Chris laughed as she clung to it protectively. She smiled, not answering. Instead she showed him by holding up a worn stuffed elephant and placing it at the top of her bed.

"You sleep with an elephant?" Chris giggled as she glared at him angrily.

"Not just any elephant. Pagoo the elephant." She giggled as he nodded and threw his hands up.

"Is there a story behind the elephant?" He asked, trying to humor her. She was actually talking to him, which is more than she had been doing since she met him. They had to share a room, so Chris decided to make the best of it.

"Yes," She answered slowly, making sure he understood her. "My dad got him for me before my parents got a divorce. So now it reminds me of my parents and I keep it with me to make me feel better."

"Hey, whatever makes you happy." He shrugged, continuing to unpack while laughing to himself.

**************************************************

"River...." Ben shouted as she popped her head out of her doorway, "It's quiet."

"Too quiet," River nodded, glancing at the doorway down the hall, "Wanna check it out?"

"Yeah." He smiled, stepping out of his room slowly and walking towards the door. "Dear God... I think she killed him." Ben laughed, pulling River towards the door way.

"Maybe she jumped him." River whispered, arching her eyebrows to emphasize a point.

"Ugh.." Ben pretended to gag, pulling her back towards their own rooms. "On second thought, I don't want to see that. Let's leave them alone."



Continue
Previous
Return to Drama Index
Back to Main Page