Chapter 6


"Oh my God..." Amber laughed as she and Chris walked towards the already packed house.

"They work fast." He said, opening the door for her. Maneuvering their way towards the kitchen, Amber set down three bags as River came running into the room.

"Thank God." She gasped, pulling out the beverages. "I thought they were gonna start a riot if you two didn't get her soon."

"Sorry." Amber smiled as Chris stood behind her.

"I want you to meet someone." River grinned as Amber shook her head.

"Uh uh." She stood firmly as River grabbed onto her arm.

"He's nice." She said as Chris smiled knowingly.

"Good luck." He offered as she was yanked into the crowded living room.

"Mike!" River cried over the music. A tall muscular guy with blonde hair turned to look at them. Smiling he walked towards the two girls. "Mike this is Amber Hetfield."

"Hetfield? Are you two sisters?" He asked, looking at both of them carefully.

"No, just a coincidence, we have the same last name." Amber shrugged, not all that impressed with Mike.

"Well, I'll leave you kids alone." River giggled, slapping Amber on the shoulder and walking towards Ben.

"So... you wanna dance or something?" Mike asked as Amber shrugged.

"Yeah, sure." She shrugged, letting him lead her towards the middle of the room.

"Chris!" River smiled as he walked into the room.

"Hey." He said, scooping out the room. Big parties weren't usually his thing, unless it was a group of his friends.

"Don't they look cute?" River asked, motioning towards Amber and the guy she had set her up with.

"Who is that?" He asked, not able to make out a face. He had known Amber for a total of two weeks, and only talked to her for one day. But, he was her roommate, and he felt somewhat responsible for her.

"Mike something. He seems nice." River said as Chris looked at her suspiciously.

"Ted Bundy seemed nice, and look how that ended up." Chris said as the man turned and he got a look at his face. "Mike Turner!" He cried as she nodded.

"Yeah so?" She asked as he shot her a dirty look.

"That guy is an asshole! He gets girls drunk and takes advantage of them." He said as River shook her head.

"That can't be the same guy, he's nice, trust me." River said, slapping him on the shoulder and walking off.

"Yeah I hope so." He said to himself, watching them carefully.

*******************************************

"Bye!" River waved as the last of the people left.

"Oh my God... I'm tired." Ben mumbled, jumping onto the couch and pushing aside the cans in front of him.

"Hey where is Amber?" Chris asked as River looked around. He had watched Amber carefully all night, but had lost sight of her as people had begun to clear out. The last time he saw her was in the kitchen while she downed her fifth beer, and he warned her to take it easy.

"Maybe she went to bed." River shrugged, climbing onto the couch next to Ben.

"Yeah maybe." Chris mumbled, walking down the hallway towards his room.

"Get off." He heard someone cry softly. Turning back behind him, he walked up to River's door.

"Calm down." He heard a male voice assure. "Get the fuck out." Chris yelled, walking over towards the bed, and grabbing Mike's shoulders and hauling him to his feet.

"What the fuck is going on?" Ben asked walking up behind Chris as he led Mike towards the front door.

"If you ever touch her again, I'll fucking kill you." Chris cried, slamming Mike's back against the door. Walking back towards the room, he didn't even wait for Mike to leave before heading back to Amber's side.

"What was that about?" Ben asked quietly as he watched his best friend and his girlfriend try and console a crying Amber.

"I told you he was an asshole." Chris said quietly as River nodded.

"You okay Am?" She asked as Amber tried to stand. Failing miserably, she hit the mattress once more.

"I'm fine." She hiccuped as Chris wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her to her feet

"Here," He said, lifting her effortlessly into his arms, "I'm putting her to bed."

"She'll feel better in the morning?" River asked as Chris walked out the door.

"Probably have a fucking migraine." Ben said as he watched Chris disappear into his room.

"Hey where are you taking me?" Amber mumbled drunkenly as Chris closed the door behind him.

"I'm taking you to bed." He answered as he placed her onto her bed.

"I don't want to go to bed with you," she giggled as he pulled her shoes off.

"Thanks." He mumbled, pulling the blankets up to her neck. "I'm putting you in your own bed." He explained as she looked around her.

"Is that where I am?" She asked as he nodded and kicked his own shoes off. "You're cute." She laughed as he shook his head.

"And you're drunk." He said, flipping off the light switch and walking towards the bathroom they shared. "Try and get some sleep." He ordered, suddenly realizing that she already was. Shaking his head, he sighed. "Man is she gonna have a headache tomorrow."



Continue
Previous
Return to Drama Index
Back to Main Page