Chapter 7


"Who ran over my head?" Amber moaned, blinking her eyes open the next morning. Sitting up, Amber laid back down just as quickly as she had gotten up. The pounding in her head was unbearable. Soon Amber remembered why she had never been much of a drinker.

"River!" Amber moaned, burying her head under the pillow. Curling up, Amber realized that she was still wearing the clothes she had on yesterday. It was one of the only things she remembered about yesterday. "River!" Amber cried again. Not receiving an answer, she slowly pulled herself out of bed, trying as hard as she could not to increase her already pounding headache. Dragging herself into the kitchen, Amber found Ben and River sitting together at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Morning Sunshine!" Ben yelled loudly, causing Amber to cover her ears protectively.

"Ugh ... my head." She moaned as River placed a plate of runny eggs in front of her. "And my stomach." Amber gagged, pushing the plate away.

"That's what you get for boozing so much last night." River said, poking at the food in front of her.

"What the hell happened last night? I remember drinking." Amber said as Ben nodded.

"You should, you did enough of it." He mumbled, his mouth full of cereal.

"Well," River interrupted. "You drank, and then Mike tried to rape you, and Chris saved you, and then you professed your undying love for him."

"What?!" Amber choked as River and Ben laughed. "That's not true!"

"Well," Ben nodded. "Most of it is."

"You did drink a lot, and that Mike guy did try something." River stated.

"Yeah," Ben interrupted, "And Chris did come to the rescue. But you didn't profess your undying love."

"Not yet at least." River grinned as Amber shook her head.

"You did call him cute though." Ben said, jumping up from the table before Amber could give chase.

"River," Amber said, burying her head in her hands. "I didn't really say anything to Chris did I?"

"Well,..." River paused. "Chris said you called him cute. No big deal. Besides, you were drunk. It was just the beer talking."

"Yeah..." Amber mumbled. "Just the beer talking."

***********************************

"Hey guys." Chris smiled, closing the front door as he walked into the house.

"Hey man." Ben called, his eyes glued to the TV in front of him.

"Is Amber home?" Chris asked as smoothly as possible.

"Why? " River grinned, turning and rasing her eyebrows suggestively.

"I don't know..." He stuttered, fumbling for an answer. "I just wondered how she was feeling."

"Go ask her yourself, she's in your room." Ben brushed him off, trying to pay attention to the television.

"Fine." Chris laughed, raising his hands in surrender. "I know when I'm not wanted." He smiled, turning on his heels and walking towards his room.

Knocking carefully on the door, Chris couldn't hear anything over the blaring music inside the room. "Amber?" He asked, pushing the door open slowly.

"Oh my God!" Amber cried, trying to cover up. "Get out! I'm getting changed!" She screamed as Chris slammed the door quickly.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Ben's voice called from the other room.

"Nothing!" Chris cried as Amber swung the door open and pushed past him, shooting him a dirty look as she stalked into the living room. Groaning, Chris slid against the door and rubbed his temples in frustration. "Great." He mumbled. "Just when things were going good." He sighed, pulling himself to his feet. Following her into the other room, knowing full well that he would never hear the end of this.



Continue
Previous
Return to Drama Index
Back to Main Page