Chapter 4

Later on that day Sally and Daniel went to the local adoption agency. "So, you're sure you want to go in here?" asked Daniel.

"Yes. Do you?"

"Sure, why not?"

When Sally opened the door and looked in, she was astounded at how beautiful it looked in the agency. It looked like it had once been a church. It had high ceilings, and wonderful stained glass in the windows. I guess they make it look like a good place to adopt, thought Sally. "Well, here we are," whispered Sally.

"Yeah. It's beautiful in here" replied Daniel. "You ready?"

"Yes." Nodded Sally. Sally went up to the desk and cleared her throat. "Excuse me?"

"Yes? Can I help you?" asked the clerk.

"Uh huh. Umm, we were wondering about adoptions."

"You two want to adopt?"

"Umm, no, we were wondering if anybody by the names of Sally and Daniel Green were adopted in 1979. Would you happen to have any records about that?"

"Hmm, well, let me check."

"Okay."

"Here have a seat both of you," the clerk said, pointing to two chairs next to the wall.

"Thank you."

"What do you think she'll find?" whispered Daniel.

"I don't know." Sally whispered back.

After about 10 minutes the clerk came back with some files. "Would you two like to see these files?" asked the clerk.

"Yes, thank you." said Daniel.

"So, there are actually two files about a Sally and Daniel Green, born April 22, 1979. We don't have the names of the birth parents. That will take about a week to find out. If you two are around for the next week, I'll just take your number and then get back to you as soon as we can."

"Okay," replied Sally. "Daniel will be staying with me, because he's from Australia. My number is 460-2941."

"Thank you. You two might want to be prepared if we track down the birth parents."

"Alright. Thank you for your help." Replied Sally.

*************

When Daniel and Sally got back to Pati's house, Ben and Chris were nowhere to be found. "Hey Pati, where are Ben and Chris?" asked Sally.

"They went back to their hotel." Answered Pati.

"Okay, thanks. Hey Daniel, I need the numbers to your rooms."

"Why?"

"I'm going to call Ben and Chris to pack their stuff. They will be staying with me too."

"Alright. Here." Daniel said, handing her a piece of paper.

*Ring, Ring.*

"Hey Ben, is Chris there too?"

"Yeah, we both came back to my room, after we left the party. Why?"

"Pack your stuff, you and Chris and Daniel are staying with me."

"What about Watto and Sam?" asked Chris, from another phone.

"Hmm, well, I guess they can stay with me too. I guess I have enough room for all five of you."

"Great." Replied Ben.

"Well, finish packing, and tell Watto and Sam too. Oh, and pack Daniel's stuff too."

"No, Sally, I'll pack it myself." said Daniel.

"Uh, never mind, Dan'll go there and pack his own stuff," said Sally.

"Alright, see ya lata." Replied Chris.



Continue
Previous
Return to Drama Index
Back to Main Page