Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Episode One and A Half
The story of Mai-Jin
by Mai-Jin

Authorâs notes:
    This is my fanfiction, it is written so it could easily be Episode 2 but wonât be, and could still fit into the regular story.  This is about my favorite Episode 1 character, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his apprentice, it also introduces a new character, which could have existed a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.  This is entitled Episode one and a half because it takes place in the estimated time period between Episode one and two so without further adieu, Episode One and a Half, death visions.

**********************************************************************************
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Episode I+1/2
Death Visions

    The battle with the Trade
Federation has ended and life
on Naboo has gone back to
regular pace.

    Meanwhile the Sith have
 come back after being dead
 for a millenium, and pose
 new threat to the Jedi.

    The young Jedi master
Obi-Wan has begun training
the chosen one, a young
child from Tatooine, but many
dangers will become of this pair,
 and a person now rushes to
the Jedi council to warn them of
an adventure yet to be..............

**********************************************************************************

    The red cloak dragged on the ground of the Jedi temple, as a hurried person made her way to the council.  She walked to the guard and said her words rather calmly.

"I have been sent by Queen Amidala to see the Jedi council in matters that are fairly urgent if something is to be prevented"

She feared she had given away too much, but was shown to the council room before she could figure out if she had.

"We've had news that you were coming, and almost everything has been explained, but as said by the Queen, you are the only one who can explain your vision."

"Yes, I had this vision a month ago, but it seems just like yesterday that I had it, the memory is so clear.  It concerns the young Jedi Obi-Wan and his apprentice.  I know that this apprentice has great means, and is also vital to how this problem that is just beginning, will end.  If what I've seen is not prevented, it could cause great problems in times to come."

She watched the Jedi council nod their heads in agreement, and she could see that what she said was convincing.

"My vision, is of allies of the Sith abducting and killing young Skywalker, again, if this is not prevented, the death of this child will cause great problems.  The allies of the Sith are non believers, what they see with their eyes will dominate, may I suggest a decoy"

Again the council nodded their heads, but she could sense that there was more they had to talk about.

"Thank you for talking to us, we will discuss this and then will tell you what we shall do, your idea is well plotted out, but we must explore the possibilities"

**********************************************************************************
  Maia Jinn sat in the seat as she was transferred back to the Jedi temple, the two Jedi were there, and she was to meet them.  It had indeed suprised her that she would be sent as the decoy, or even that the council had given permission for her older, now dead cousin to train her, under her mothers nose.  Her mother had disapproved of her "little girl" getting into danger, but later she developed a very rare Jedi trait, even some of the best couldn't do what she could do, so the Jedi council granted permission for Qui-Gon to train her, despite her age, and her mother's disapproval.  Indeed, actually seeing visions of the future through the force was very rare.  Most Jedi would hear words spoken by some unknown voice, but her visions, had both an image and a voice.

    Anakin had the visions as well, but that was not a suprise, as he had such a high midi-chlorian count, his children, if he had children, would have it too, it was hereditary once the parent had it.  Maia was the first in her family to develop this ability, she was lucky.

    The two Jedi were going to be sent away, along with Maia, to go take a look at a system called Adoine.  Many problems were being caused there, and they were going to fix them, it was far off, and would take at least a month to get to, they were going to leave in a week.

She arrived at the temple, where she was shown to a council room.  It was a modern room, and empty.  She sat down in a chair and soon she could sense people approaching.  Maia was looking out the window when the two Jedi came in; she said hello and turned around in her chair two seconds after.  The Jedi sat down.

"Hello, my name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, and this is my young apprentice, Anakin Skywalker."

"Despite that this child has very special abilities, I would like to request that he leave, as there are things I am here for that he should not hear"

"Very well then" Anakin was shown out and the door was closed, leaving Maia Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi alone.

"Now, I've forgotten to introduce myself, my name is Maia Jinn"

"Jinn?"

"I will talk about that later, but the matter I have come for is very urgent."

"Despite that I asked the boy out, this matter concerns his protection greatly, a very big part of the future for the good of every race rests on that very child"

"Go on"

"I see visions of the future, some futures can be prevented, depending on the circumstances." Maia watched as the young man in front of her became very interested, though staying in the same position, he knew how rare the trait was. "My most recent one has dealt with you, Obi-Wan, and your young apprentice, if this boy will not have such an effect on the future it would have been no concern, even though that the result is very fatal". Obi-Wan looked at her with ongoing interest as she continued. "The boy would be captured by Sith allies and killed, but this must be prevented, or matters will only get worse, and never get better"

"I see. Have you seen the council about it?"

"It is them that allowed me to come, but Ill be with you longer than you expect.  I have been trained at a very late age to be a Jedi, yet have not been active in the Jedi dealings."

"I had thought that the Jedi council would not allow over aged people to be trained as Jedi"

"I have been trained only by a master, not a basic teacher, my cousin has trained me for the most part, until I was 12.  I was trained for 7 years with him, then returned home without completing my training, then I went back a year later and became a Jedi at age twenty. As for late training, I would've been trained, but my mother disapproved, I was trained only because of the rare trait that I developed at age 5."

"You said your business would last longer than a negotiation, what else are you here for?"

"I am a decoy, I am to pose as your apprentice until Anakin is capable of defending himself"

"Are they that strong that they need to fully-trained Jedi?"

"Yes"

"Wouldn't they sense that you are a decoy?"

"The Sith allies are non-believers, they see with their eyes, not the force, yet they are still very strong.  I am in this all the way, yet I wish to be able to go back to regular life after my mission"

"So?"

"I wish to be called Mai-Jin, and that is also why my hair is not at my waist anymore, changing my name and appearance will allow me to go back to regular life when this is over.ä Maia`s long hair had been cut to about the top of her ears, and it gave her a boyish appearance.

"You would prefer your identity to be secret, that is a very wise move, if you don't want to be an active Jedi, or be too well known to go back to your normal life.  Now, I don't mean to pry but I have also met somebody with the last name of Jinn, yet I have never before felt your presence, who is your cousin?"

"My cousin, and my Jedi teacher, despite the age difference, was the recently deceased Qui-Gon Jinn. I sense that you have known him for some time, also that much sadness revolves around this person. Despite the short seven years that I finished my training with him, I did not get to know him well, so his death has less sorrow than if I had known him as well as you did.ä Mai-Jin could see, as well as sense that he was very attached to her dead relative.

"So? What are we to do?" he struggled out of his sadness and finished his words "just wait here with Anakin?"

"There are likely to be threats, we will just have to keep our guard up until then, now, if you excuse me, I need to contact somebody" Mai-Jin was shown out of the room, leaving the other Jedi deep in thought.

**********************************************************************************
   Obi-Wan sat at the council table still, an hour later.  Millions of thoughts had raced through his head between then and now, millions of questions, all he knew was that this, Maia, was telling the truth, he had felt it, yet despite his years of Jedi training, he still didn't believe it.  How could somebody so young be related to his old Jedi master? Was it a coincidence that they had both known him? It couldn't have been a coincidence, all things happen for a purpose - Qui-Gon had said so.  The door opened and Anakin stepped in.  The child sat down beside his Jedi teacher and looked at him.

"Hello Anakin, what are you here for?"

"Well, it is time to start my lessons master" Obi-Wan didn't realize what time it had been, being late for something was not his nature, he had been thinking so long, unless the meeting had taken over two hours.
"Is something troubling you?"

"Yes, but it is of no concern, go, and Ill be there in a minute" Anakin left and Obi-Wan got up a few minutes later, his mind still racing.  He walked down the corridor until he reached a large room where Anakin did his excersizes, he was too young to handle a lightsaber but he was still able to levitate objects and do many other things dealing with the mind.  When he got there he was also suprised to see Mai-Jin practicing with a remote, the floating orbs were hardly used by fully trained Jedi.

"Hello Anakin, and Maia" they both responded, yet he noticed Mai-Jin kept complete concentration while she said it, she must practice with it allot. "I'm suprised to see you practicing Maia"

"Even a fully trained Jedi can improve their skills" she then deflected a bolt and it hit the remote straight on, putting it out of commission.

"I didn't know you could do that"

"If your fast enough you can, Ill have to repair this one before I can practice again though, should be the same problem as last time"

"You've repaired it more than once?"

"I've repaired this thing so many times I don't know if it's going to work when I try and use it again. "Mai-Jin left with the remote in her hands so she could go repair it.  Meanwhile Obi-Wan turned to his apprentice and motioned for him to sit in his normal chair. The chair was in front of a table with a variety of objects on it; Anakin would try and make at least one levitate, then add the others, so far he had been quite successful.  Obi-Wan sat in another chair just a bit away from the table, and would sit there watching Anakin, and giving advice from time to time.  Anakin sat there, his eyes closed, focusing on the objects, soon one slowly rose about 15cm off the table, then another, soon all the objects were levitating, Obi-Wan waited five minutes, then said that Anakin could stop.  Mai-Jin walked back in and the two people sitting by the table turned in her direction.

"Hello again"

"Hello, were you able to fix your remote?"

"It's pretty much gone for good now, you don't mind me staying here do you?"

"No, we don't mind" Mai-Jin walked over and sat on another chair facing the table.

"Anakin, meet Maia Jinn"

"I told you that I wished to be called Mai-Jin if you don't mind..."Obi-Wan nodded in her direction and then to Anakin. Anakin then Shook Mai-Jin`s hand.

"Pleased to meet you Mai-Jin" from there Anakin went on with his exercises, he did a variety of things using the force and learned a bit about the Jedi fighting technique.  He was done in a time of 3 hours, Mai-Jin had done seven every day, that's probably why she finished early. Mai-Jin was the first to leave, then Anakin, again leaving Obi-Wan alone to revel in his thoughts.  He was still confused, ever since the meeting with Mai-Jin his mind had been filled with thoughts that normally would've been settled with good reason, but something about her was different, why would she not want to be a Jedi? Why didn't she feel upset with her cousins' death?  But Obi-Wan`s mind had been faced with a sorrow he never wanted to feel again, he still felt attached to his old Jedi master, and the mention of his name brought back scenes that he would have rather forgotten.

**********************************************************************************
    Mai-Jin sat in her room reading, her hobby; it expanded the mind, in her opinion. Sensing somebody coming, she put the novel away and stepped out the door.  She was sitting in a chair in the room across from her when Obi-Wan came around the corner.  He came and sat down in front of her, she appeared to be deep in thought, and didn't look up when he came in.

"Something is troubling you" she could sense it, yet he sat thinking, he finally answered five minutes later.

"Yes"

"Qui-Gon`s death could not have been prevented"

"You saw it?"

"Yes, he lead himself to his own death, and died the way he would have wanted, doing what he believed in, and still then, everybody is destined to die, one time or another"

"Yet you still did not tell anybody"

"Some things are meant no to be known, it only would've put extra tension into the situation"

"I also don't understand why you have not been an active Jedi"

"Regret, it feels wrong to disobey somebody, even if it is for the best, and then never get a chance to apologize." She could see that some of the tension was leaving and that her words were serving their purpose, though she had not expected him to question her about her life as a Jedi.

"Excuse me, but I must be going" at that Obi-Wan left.  Her words had taken some pressure off of his rather confused mind, and he was coming back to his senses, yet still many questions burned in his mind, waiting for answering.

**********************************************************************************

    Obi-Wan was later sitting in a lounge like room, doing nothing, except letting useless thoughts drift through his head.  He quieted his mind and heard a voice he had longed to hear for, what seemed like years.

"Obi-Wan" It was Qui-Gon`s voice, a voice that seemed impossible to hear, he must've been delusional.  But the voice came again "Obi-Wan" he was not sure how to respond he shut the door and began to speak

"What is it?"

"Obi-Wan, look behind you" Obi-Wan slowly turned around slowly to see a person edged by shimmering green light, that person was his former Jedi master, Qui-Gon Jinn.

"Master?" even though the title was not necessary, Obi-Wan said it anyway, it was a reflex, one long forgotten, though suddenly arisen at the sight of an old friend.

"Yes Obi-Wan, but there is no need to call me that now, but there is a matter I must talk about"

"Yes?"

"Have you met Maia yet?"

"Yes, I have"

"She is my cousin, as she said, but I wish you to listen to her advice Obi-Wan, nothing happens by accident, and she just might help you, but don't be deceived, she shows little emotion, yet she is real Obi-Wan, but don't get too attached to her"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"She is here for a purpose, but will die within a year, she knows that Obi-Wan"

"Is there anything she doesn't know..."Obi-Wan grumbled, her seeing visions of the future, she knew almost everything, which made Obi-Wan feel a bit...dwarfed.

"She is more toubled than you are, and I suggest you don't put your troubles into anyone's concern, listen well, she may save you" with that the figure vanished, leaving Obi-Wan rather shocked.  As soon as Obi-Wan went out of his trance and realized his master had left, he looked around in wonder.

"Master? Master? Where have you gone?" Truthfully, Qui-Gon had been warning him that she would save his life, but he didn't know that, and his master's words had puzzled him.

"Hello Obi-Wan" Obi-Wan turned around to see Mai-Jin standing in the doorway." Are you feeling all right? You look a little white"

"Fine, just startled"

"Really" She said it in almost a mysterious tone, she knew what had happened, she had foreseen it.  She had not known what was said between the two Jedi, but sensed it was about her.  She also knew that it would probably bring Obi-Wan into a worse state than he already was, even though he was a normally down-to-earth kind of person, the death of his Jedi master had taken a toll on him. She again sat down ready for another conversation, but this time the Jedi just sat there.  She pulled out a deck of playing cards and began to play solitaire, nobody really played cards where she was, it was something unknown to most of alien and human races alike, but she was one of the few people who had been taught.  The older Jedi looked at what she was doing with interest, he had heard of playing cards before, but never imagined anybody actually used them anymore.

"What are you playing?"

"Solitaire, its something I learned back home, it's a good way to keep busy"

"Who taught you? I thought playing cards hadn't been used for centuries"

"My mother, at my original home planet, there wasn't much to do, and I didn't have a job, I was too young"

"Where are you from?"

"My original home planet, well I cant remember what it was called, I left when I was four, my mother and I moved to Tatooine, then I was taken away for training at age five, only to return to find my mother dead."

"Where did you go from there?"

"Queen Amidala heard about me and was interested, so I ended up on Naboo for four years after I was done my training"

"Interesting, so you were there during the trade federation battle"

"Yes, I kept to myself and luckily, was not killed"

**********************************************************************************

    Much later, Mai-Jin received a message, it was from Naboo, asking her, along with Obi-Wan and Anakin to come to Naboo, the queen wished to see her, but did not want to do anything that would let Mai-Jin`s mission to go unfulfilled.  Mai-Jin walked into the lounge Obi-Wan was sitting in just after she received the message.

"Obi-Wan"

"Yes Mai-Jin" he said in a non-questioning tone without even turning around.

"I have received a message from Queen Amidala, she wishes us to go to Naboo as soon as possible"

"Ill see what I can do" Obi-Wan left to go talk to the ship's captain.  Though capable of driving a ship himself, Obi-Wan had more important things to do, so they had another captain, who never hesitated to take orders from the young Jedi.  They had left for Adoine awhile ago, so Obi-Wan sent a transmission to the Adoians to tell them that he and his companions would be late.

**********************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin, Obi-Wan and Anakin were escorted to the Queens throne room.  The room was just as Obi-Wan had remembered, when he had seen it after the battle with the mysterious Sith, a long dormant race, that had just surfaced after a millenium. The three walked in, led by Mai-Jin, bowed to the Queen in unison, and then spread out, still leaving Mai-Jin a couple of steps ahead of the others.

"Hello Maia Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker" The three replied "your highness" in unison.  The Queen then stood." let us move to my council room" the Queen left followed by her guests, 6 handmaidens, and all of them were surrounded by guards on their way out of the throne room.

    The fairly large group moved down the corridor into a large conference room. Many chairs were set up around a table, the guards took their posts and everybody else sat down. They discussed many things for quite awhile, then they each went their separate ways, and the Jedi and his apprentice were shown to guest quarters.  Mai-Jin sat alone with the queen, back in the throne room, as she knew this would be one of the last times that they would talk.

*************************************************************************************
"I have foreseen it"

"Very well, we will miss you Maia, but if death is what shall befall you, then you cant escape your fate, I will not prevent you from carrying out your mission. Before another word is spoken, I would like to say goodbye to you Maia, losing you will be a great tragedy, yet you must leave as soon as possible, I do not want to endanger my people.  I will arrange for you to leave in the morning"

"Very well Majesty"

"You are dismissed, goodbye Maia" with that Maia left, and headed towards an old friend's quarters.
 

    Mai-Jin knocked on the door and a muffled voice came from within.

ãWho is it?"

ãIts Maia, can I come in?"

ãSure" The door opened and Mai-Jin stepped in.  She faced an old familiar friend that she would never see again after this.  Her friend got up, and they started to walk around the palace.  Mai-Jin told Rabe, her friend, what had happened so far, what she had foreseen and where her, Obi-Wan and Anakin were going after they left Naboo.

ãSo I guess this is the last time Ill be seeing you"

ãIf my vision is correct, or if it cant be prevented, then, yes" Mai-Jin`s eyes grew distant, and sorrowful, then she became aware of the others presence again, and shook herself out of her emotions.  Rabe pulled out a communicator, and spoke into it, then turned to Mai-Jin.

ãSorry Maia, got to go, duty calls, and good luck, may the force be with you in your travels" The two friends exchanged a hug, and Mai-Jin had a smile on her face.

ãI'm going to do something I haven't done in ages" Her friend knew that smile and began to protest, but with a smile on her own face too.

ãYou're going to get caught"

ãAnd what are they going to do, this will be my last chance, goodbye Rabe"

ãBye Maia" Mai-Jin and Rabe turned in opposite directions, Rabe to her duties and Mai-Jin to her quarters.

*************************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin changed into her swimsuit and put on her old red robe, and then she marched out to the garden.  She took off her robe and dove into the pond, it was especially big, with a couple of waterfalls pouring into it, she had used to swim here before she left.  Obi-Wan came strolling around the corner, and knelt down to talk to her.

"Aren't you cold?"

"No, I'm used to it, I've been swimming here for quite awhile, but I should go in soon, its getting dark"

"I guess I'll see you later then, goodbye Mai-Jin" Obi-Wan stood up, and left, as soon as he was out of sight, Mai-Jin got out of the water, and walked towards her quarters, not forgetting to put her cloak on first.  Mai-Jin changed back into her clothes, and dried off.

**********************************************************************************

     Maia sat alone in her room, disturbed, she sensed something, and could not fall asleep.  She decided to wait till something would happen and pulled out her little reading glasses so she could begin reading.

  Much later the tremor in the force she had felt was growing much stronger, she felt for her lightsaber at her belt and walked outside towards the guest quarters.  When she reached the hallway, she saw that Obi-Wan was there as well, he must have sensed the tremor as well.

"I have a bad feeling about this"

"I sense it also, we best keep our guard up" Maia nodded at the words Obi-Wan had spoken, then backed up slowly.

"What room is Anakin staying in? They'll be looking for him, it will most likely be battle droids"

"Lets hurry that way then, although I don't see what is so powerful about battle droids"

"This is a first attempt, they'll get harder to handle" They half spoke half yelled to each other as they ran through the corridors, they finally came to an abrupt halt in front of a metal door, Anakin`s room.

"I can sense them coming"

"So can I, they're down the corridor" No sooner had their words been spoken, then a whole bunch of battle droids came around the corner, Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin stood back to back.  Both lightsabers ignited in a flash, both of them blocked bolts and all the droids were gone in a matter of minutes.

"They're after us, we must leave this planet at once"

"Yes...master" Obi-Wan caught on almost immediately, there still may be spies, he thought, best to keep our guard up until we leave the planet.  They both walked into Anakin's room, they made sure he was sleeping, then began to talk very quietly.  As they spoke, somebody came out from the shadows outside, and searched the ground for something, finding what he wanted, he then slid back into the shadows.

**********************************************************************************

"How long do we keep this up?'

"Until we're off the planet, and even then, we should anyway, in case of stowaways, only in a room of most security are we to go back to...regular procedure" Mai-Jin referred "regular procedure" to them simply being two Jedi, not master and apprentice." we should also tell Anakin"

"The entire thing?"

"No, just our plan of things, he is not supposed to know his future"

"I see, we should leave at once, you take care of him, and Ill go find our crew" Mai-Jin nodded, and started getting things together, as Obi-Wan walked silently out the door.  She gently woke Anakin.  The boy rubbed his eyes and stared at her.

"Come on, I cant carry you, we have to leave...now"

"Mai-Jin?" the boy said sleepily, then he shook his head into awareness, already dressed, Anakin grabbed his things and headed out the door, beside a very aware and protective Mai-Jin.  The two crept down the hallway; heading for their ship, Obi-Wan was waiting when they got there.

"Take him, I have a bit of business to attend to before we leave, I wont be long" Obi-Wan watched her walk off, and told Anakin to get in the ship, hopefully she wont be long, he thought.

    Mai-Jin walked along the hallway, and busily wrote a note on a piece of paper as soon as she reached a table.  She proceeded to the Queens bedroom, and gave the note to one of the guards by her door.

"Tell her majesty that I had to leave in a hurry, and warn her of battle droids." before the guard could reply she was already halfway to the hanger, running at near top speed.  She boarded, and Obi-Wan followed, then proceeded to tell the captain to take off.

    They were heading for Adoine; it would be a longer trip there than if they had been at the Jedi temple, but the queen had insisted that she see Mai-Jin.

**********************************************************************************
    Later, Obi-Wan, Mai-Jin and Anakin were sitting in a room, they had explained everything to Anakin, and he had just sat there in partial awe.  Anakin had understood, and he was allowed to call Obi-Wan by his real name, not master, this would be quite disrespectful for the most part, normally, but they had agreed that it would make it more believable to onlookers.

**********************************************************************************

    On a ship, many miles away from the Jedi, a girl, who looked slightly different from Mai-Jin was being tested, a clone.  The abilities of the original Mai-Jin were still a bit higher, but for the most part, this was an exact duplicate, if it wasn't for a scar on the palm of the original Mai-Jin, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but of course, that was overlooked.

"Perfect, I will work on her training, send another, bigger group of battle droids to retrieve the boy"

"The boy is not with them, the girl is his apprentice"

"She is a decoy, now go!" Still unbelieving, the Sith allies decided to follow orders, then send a spy, if the spy came with the same results as they had, then they would look elsewhere for the boy.
 

**********************************************************************************

    As soon as Anakin had left, Mai-Jin grabbed Obi-Wan`s sleeve to keep him from leaving.

"What is it?"

"I felt something, I see something"

"What?" Obi-Wan sat back in his chair, looking across at a totally relaxed Mai-Jin.  "What do you see?"

"I clone, of myself, my death is drawing nearer each day, yet they have overlooked one thing"

"A clone? I did not know the Sith had that kind of technology"

"Their allies do"

"What did they overlook?" with that, she pulled back her sleeve, and pointed to a scar on the palm of her right hand.  I was hard to notice, but it was there, and Obi-Wan noticed it immediately, his sharp Jedi eyes could recognize marks that most people would overlook.

"This scar, you can't see it while I'm using a lightsaber.  They may have found a way to duplicate my skills as well, which will make this clone even more dangerous, because she is likely to get some extra training in fighting.  In that case, look, once a person has the face of another etched into their memory, no false one can deceive" Obi-wan looked at her face, this was the first time he had actually gotten a good look at her.  She had a small nose, and a rather small mouth, along with a pair of sad eyes that curved slightly downward.  Her brown hair was parted through the middle, and a bit messy from all the running around.  He stared at her eyes the most, very deep they went, like a hole with no bottom, and there was something, creepy about them, just staring, sorrow can do that to a person.

**********************************************************************************
    Mai-Jin fiddled with the object, and welded a little piece of metal onto it.  Obi-Wan was passing by, and stepped in to see what she was doing.  She had heard him come in; she didn't turn around and continued putting the finishing touches on her new invention.

"What's that?"

"You'll see, I've been working on it for years.  I think I may have got it right this time." With that, she finished it and mumbled a quick "there, Stand back". Obi-Wan moved back a couple of steps, and she held the little object in her hand, with her arm stretched out to its full length.  She pressed 8 buttons each in their own turn, but so quickly, it was like pressing one.  Eight shining blue blades jutted out of the object, her 8 bladed lightsaber was working for the first time in 2 years.  Obi-Wan just stared at it in awe, and Mai-Jin stood there with a smile on her face.  She turned it off and looked at Obi-Wan.

"What do you think?"

"Interesting, how will you manage to work it?"

"It doesn't take a genius to put 8 sticks together, I've been practicing since I started it."

"How long have you been working on it?"

"A couple years, it takes awhile to make all 8 lightsabers, and well, to put them together is even harder"

"I see"

"I got the idea when I was studying history, the Sith had a double bladed lightsaber, which may give them an advantage if used properly, so more blades may give us an even bigger advantage, and you can also turn some off to get anywhere from 1 to 8 blades"

"Interesting idea, I know of the Sith double blade all too well.  May I see it?"

"Of course, but if your going to ignite it, be careful of your cloak" Mai-Jin handed Obi-Wan her device and he studied it, then ignited all 8 blades and waved the lightsaber around, then turned them off.

"Very impressive.  How did you make it so lightweight?"

"Different kind of metal, if I had used the normal kind, it would be too heavy to handle" They slowly walked sown the corridor as they continued their conversation.

"How do you use it?"

"Its kind of like a boomerang, if you throw it properly, of course, when you use it like that you have to have another lightsaber handy and be quick on the draw"

"Has the council seen it?"

"Not finished, they did see it before I left though. They were very curious as to how it worked and such. I told them that I would find a way to let them see it when I was finished, but of course, we cant do that yet, I don't think the council wants me distracted from my mission"

"No, I suppose your right"

**********************************************************************************

"I trust our plan is working"

"Yes, my lord" The Sith allies stood before a hologram of Darth Sidious, clone of Mai-Jin behind them.

"Send her to me by sunset"

"Very well" The clone of Mai-Jin, who was shortly to become a new apprentice to the Sith lord, was half sitting half standing beside a table, arms crossed, waiting impatiently.  Unlike the regular Mai-Jin, the clone was rather impatient and stubborn, in attitude, you could tell the difference easily.  Darth Maye, as the clone of Mai-Jin was to be called shortly, walked out of the room as soon as the hologram vanished, the Sith allies followed her.

"We must get you to a ship immediately"

"I better not have any complaints about this, for your sake"

"You wont, this way" Maye followed them to a ship, and was shown to her chair, it was in a big room, plenty of space, to suit the greed and comfort of its only occupant.

"You have done well in suiting my needs, now get me something to eat" Maye was soon brought a bowl of fruit, which she ate very quickly, then she shooed the other occupants of the room away and sat back. "This better be worth it" she mumbled to herself, as she had already proven to have very good ability.  The ship lifted off, and raced towards its destination.

**********************************************************************************

    Anakin had just finished his lessons, and was being shown Mai-Jin's new invention.  Mai-Jin would have used it while practicing with her remote, but it was broken.  Anakin had offered to fix it if he possibly could, but no such luck yet.

    Anakin was allowed to handle the object, but not to turn it on, as he was still too young to handle a lightsaber.  He had heard Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin talk about it, so he had wanted to see it. Mai-Jin was not one to show off her things, more to keep them hidden until she needed to use them.  Obi-Wan had been there when she had finished it, so he had seen it.  Anakin commented on how well it had been made, he had been able to look at a normal lightsaber, so he knew what a well-constructed one looked like.  They discussed its use for quite awhile, and Anakin soon left, out of sheer boredom to find something to do.  Obi-Wan was not intent on leaving, and neither was Mai-Jin, so they started another conversation.

"When Anakin becomes a Jedi Knight I want you to give this to him, I know I'm not going to live that long.  After I die you can have it, something to remember me by, I suppose"

"Thank you"

"Your welcome, if I did not give it to you, it would be getting dusty on some shelf anyway"

"Yes, not all things are appreciated for their purpose"

"Anakin would probably appreciate it.  He is very bright, he'll catch on onto how to use it, and I'm sure it will be no problem for you either, it's easier than it looks."

"Goodbye Mai-Jin"

"Goodbye Obi-Wan" Obi-wan left, and soon after, Mai-Jin left to go to her quarters.  She stood and stared out the window, thinking.

**********************************************************************************

    Many things drifted through Mai-Jin's head, the one that lingered was the thought of her death.  To know, when, how and why you are going to die is very disturbing, the thought of death itself is.  Mai-Jin only wished she could have done everything she wanted before she would die, but time was too short for that, and she had to protect Anakin.  Then her thoughts drifted over to Obi-Wan, much had changed since that first meeting with him, many opinions.  When she had first met Obi-Wan she had thought of him as a very serious person, one that who would always have the same opinion about things all the time, the first part at least, was still true, Obi-Wan was very serious, and very dedicated.  He had recently gotten over his mentors' death, which she had brought up, in a way.  She liked him, as a friend now, and the same with Anakin, but she felt that he had more wisdom than she did, he was very lucky, in a way. Her visions were trouble for her.

    Mai-Jin was almost jerked out of her thoughts, she sensed something, she ran out, towards where Anakin was staying, she made sure he was out of sight, and proceeded to Obi-Wan's quarters.  Mai-Jin knocked on the door, and spoke.

"Master, master, wake up, I sense something" Obi-Wan was out in a couple of minutes, and looked at Mai-Jin with a 'why did you wake me up so early?' kind of look, but one look further, he could tell that what she sensed was not very good.

"What is it?"

"Just make sure you don't attract any attention, and that you don't mention Anakin, this way" She whispered her words and led Obi-Wan to the lounge room beside Anakin's, where most of their previous conversations had taken place.  She sat down and began to meditate, her eyes closed, she was searching for their threat.  Her eyes snapped open in about 5 minutes of meditation.

"Battle droids, more this time, in an hour"

"An hour? What are we to do until then?"

"For one, keep your voice down, and remember that I am supposed to act as your Padwan learner.  There will be lots of them this time. I've made sure Anakin is well hidden, but that doesn't mean that they're not going to find him. After that, they are likely to leave behind a spy.  We'll have to carry on this master and apprentice thing until we are sure there are no spies."

"Very well then, Mai-Jin" Mai-Jin got up and started to walk around the room.  She appeared to be deep in thought, then stopped and looked out the window.

"I don't like this at all"

"What?"

"This waiting" Mai-Jin began to pace again." And I don't think it will be just droids this time, spies, I mean, I don't like being watched and being aware of it, it makes me uncomfortable and edgy"

"I couldn't say that I have been watched enough to tell you my opinion about it"

"You wont like it, its an unfriendly presence that you cant get rid of" She stopped at the window again, and changed the subject.  "Nice isn't it?"

"What?"

"They sky, a big expanse of stars and planets that we could never get to in a lifetime, we take it for granted now, now that we can get to most of them" Obi-Wan stood up and walked towards Mai-Jin, soon they were both standing beside each other, looking.

"I never would have put it that way, but it is quite, amazing"

"As I said, we take it for granted, we can leave anytime we wish and travel to many of those worlds, if you were confined to one world, you'd understand."  She turned around and looked at the door." I sense something"

"So do I"

"Lets go, you lead" Obi-Wan stepped out the door, Mai-Jin following, there was nobody in the hallway, and nothing could be heard, but something was there, they sensed it.

"They're here, keep your guard up" Obi-Wan instructed Mai-Jin, she kept her hand on her single lightsaber, ready to pull it free, then it occurred to her that they were landing.

"Make sure Anakin does not come off the ship, we're landing" Obi-Wan nodded, then raced towards Anakin's room.  Mai-Jin kept her guard up in the hallway, as she waited for Obi-Wan to return, he was at her side almost immediately.  They waited for the boarding ramp to be lowered and looked into their surroundings.

"That is allot of droids" Mai-Jin managed to whisper, at least 50 of them were awaiting their arrival, and for one person, ten were a handful, not to mention at least five destroyer droids.

"I don't know if we can win this"

"I told you they would get harder to handle" With that Mai-Jin ignited her lightsaber, and in a few seconds, Obi-Wan's green one was blazing beside her, they deflected shots until a good twenty were permanently disabled.

"Cover me"

"What?" Obi-Wan shouted in suprise.

"Just do it" Obi-wan did so, and Mai-Jin whipped out her 8 blade lightsaber, turned it on, and was in front of Obi-Wan in seconds, twirling it to reflect shots." Stand back." Again Obi-Wan did as she said, and Mai-Jin threw her 8 blade straight at the upcoming line of battle droids. She then brought up her single for protection, the front ten droids were gone.  The lightsaber hit the floor and shut off, a mechanism she had put into it for safe retrieval." There goes ten, told you it doesn't take a genius to put eight sticks together." She reached out the other hand that wasn't holding the lightsaber, and the 8 blade went flying into her hand. She hooked the lightsaber to her belt and held the single with two hands again.

"Twenty to go" Those were gone in minutes, leaving the five destroyer droids.

"This is not good"

"I agree, see if you can aim for the shield generators"

"I have a better idea" She pulled out a thermal detonator and activated it, then threw it much further than the droids and turned to Obi-Wan. "Move!" Both Jedi were racing inside the ship, if her calculations were correct, it should mildly effect the ship, but blast the droids into oblivion.

**********************************************************************************

    Both Jedi stood panting, they had not been aware of how far out they had gone, at least Obi-Wan wasn't, Mai-Jin had looked before she set off the detonator, to calculate.

"You're sure that didn't damage some of our ship"

"I don't think, you were aware of how far out we were, the droids will be gone, it should only have a mild effect on the ship." Their breathing slowly went back to normal.  They walked towards Anakin's quarters, he was still in the hiding place Obi-Wan had instructed him to stay in,

"You can come out now Anakin" slowly Anakin crawled out of his hiding place and looked up at Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan.

"I have a meeting to attend to with the leaders of Adoine, can you stay with Anakin?"

"Certainly" Obi-Wan left and Mai-Jin led Anakin into a lounge like room.  This was the first time that Anakin and Mai-Jin had been alone, Anakin began to twiddle his thumbs, and Mai-Jin made an effort to start a conversation.

"Are you looking forward to becoming a Jedi?"

"Yes, it's always been my dream to"

"For some people it is, it's a hard life, for me it was anyway, seeing the future takes all the fun out of life"

"No it doesn't, life is fun"

"You can see the future?"

"I can, it used to help me when I was podracing back on Tatooine" Mai-Jin looked at him in suprise, this child did have a high midi-chlorian count, but she didn't imagine that he could see visions as she did.  She was familiar with podracing, she could have done it, but her protective mother had forbid it, and who would pay the entry fee anyway? She had the reflexes for it, but never got a chance, obviously this boy was lucky.

"You took part in the podraces?"

"Yup, I love it, that's how I helped Qui-Gon and Padme"

"You are very lucky to get to take part in a podrace, I could have, I have the reflexes, but I never got entered"

"Yea, but I'm going to be a Jedi now, and that's what I've always wanted"

"It sounds like it, good luck to you Anakin, and may the force be with you, always. Obi-Wan should be finished his meeting soon" As soon as Mai-Jin had uttered those words, the door opened and Obi-Wan stepped in.  Mai-Jin looked over, and Anakin stood up.

"Hello, how was the meeting? Are we to leave the ship?"

"Yes, they are waiting outside, they want to speak with you two" Obi-Wan left, Mai-Jin and Anakin walking behind.

**********************************************************************************

    Darth Maye stood on the same balcony that Darth Maul and Darth Sidious had stood on once before, looking at the sky.  She had received training and had long since completed it, now she just stood there, in boredom.

"What a boring place this is, now that my training is over there is nothing to do" She took a bite out of an apple that she was holding and Darth Sidious came up behind her.

"You will get your chance to fight soon enough"

"Yea, but what to do until then" Maye was not afraid to speak her mind, even at her master, she was very hard to please, and was more becoming Mai-Jin's exact opposite, clone or no clone. She stood there, entirely in black, black uniform, black cloak, leaning against the wall.  She stood up fully and sat down, still eating.

    Darth Maye had been fully trained, which didn't take very long considering that she already had skills from being cloned, which was very advanced for this kind of technology.  It had only taken her the month that it took Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin to get to Adoine to finish her training, she learned quickly, much like the real Mai-Jin.

**********************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin, Obi-Wan and Anakin were sitting in a room on Adoine.  Mai-Jin had her head on her hand, and was totally bored, and Anakin was ready to fall asleep, Obi-Wan seemed the only one who wasn't tired of waiting, he stared out the window at the vast landscape of Adoine.

"Are we to leave soon?"

"Just as soon as we get authorization, then we can get ready and take a look at the city." No sooner had Obi-Wan spoke, then the door opened and they were shown back to their ship.  They would change into a disguise so they could walk around in the streets unnoticed.

     Mai-Jin changed into her old red dress, which would work as the style here was much the same as Naboo.  It was red with gold trim, it was simple, and suited her well, even more now than it had before.  She waited in the normal lounge room, where Obi-Wan soon joined her, in a white shirt, black pants and black jacket, he would blend in well.  Anakin followed close behind, and was in an old outfit of his, that was a cross between cream and light brown in color, it was also very plain, and would work.  The three had matched the city's clothes style very well, and they looked almost like a family, that would work well also, but unfortunately they had no room for weapons, so they would have to rely on normal self defense, not the lightsaber.

    They left and began walking around on the streets of the capital city on Adoine.  Not many people were out, and the city was very quiet.

"I don't like the looks of this"

"Neither do I, its too quiet" Both people whispered their words under their breath as they walked, indeed it was too quiet.  They walked down the dusty streets and began to see less and fewer people, it was obvious that there was something tormenting them, and the Jedi didn't like it.  As soon as they reached an alley they were taken by suprise, and Anakin was pulled through the opening, Obi-Wan acted to reach for a lightsaber that wasn't there, and Mai-Jin went into a trance.  She snapped out of it and turned to Obi-Wan who had been standing there, thinking about what to do in this situation.

"There isn't very many, lightsabers or not, they should be no problem." Mai-Jin walked cautiously into the alley, Obi-Wan behind her. It was empty now, but they were quickly out the other side. When they looked around they noticed a craft moving away in the distance. It was a landspeeder, from a group of twelve that lay parked beside them.  Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin hopped into the landspeeder and rushed along after them, Obi-Wan in the drivers seat.  They sped on behind them, but the distance between the two crafts stayed the same, if not further apart, that would give the enemy a definite advantage.  When they stopped, they were at a small ship, and they rushed out to save Anakin.

"I don't like the look of this" they ran until they reached a split in the hallway." Which way do we go?"

"It will be a problem if we split up, they will be overpowering, that way." Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan followed a corridor that opened up into a large room. Anakin was tied up in some corner, and being guarded by a group of five people. It would be a problem for Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan if they had blasters.

"Lets go" Obi-Wan whispered, and with that, they walked towards Anakin, there was no cover, so that would be a problem, but they would make it.  At the moment they were seen, guns went off at a fast rate, and Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan were dodging blasts, using smoke and confusion for advantage, they managed to get Anakin untied.  They had trouble getting out, but they did so, and rushed into their landspeeder.

"This was a trap, there will be no threats now, we'd best leave the planet"

"Lets head to the palace then"

*************************************************************************************

    Darth Maye walked around the room trying vainly to think of something to do, it was evening and she hadn't done anything interesting since her training had been finished, and that was a week ago.  Maye sat down and finally decided to complain again.

"This place is so boring, there is nothing to do, and there hasn't been anything to do since I finished my training"

"You will get to do something soon enough, be patient" Patience was something that Maye would probably never have, she wanted to start something and get it over with quickly, no waiting.  She grabbed another apple and started to eat, she had already had at least ten in the last hour, and it wasn't helping to cure her boredom.
 

    Mai-Jin, Obi-Wan and Anakin were to stay another week to make sure the threats were gone.  That week had passed quickly and no threats had been made, apparently one try was enough for their enemy and they had left the system on their ship.  Before they left, the rulers of Adoine insisted that they stay for a banquet and party, so they agreed, and would leave just after.

    The banquet room was gigantic and very impressive in design, The two Jedi and the apprentice sat at the head of the table, or close to it.  The meal part lasted for an hour, and the food was spectacular.  Then music started to play and people started dancing, while the Jedi conversed among themselves.

"We should leave as soon as possible"

"The Adoians want us to stay until this is over, it would be unwise to leave before they give us a formal goodbye, we don't want to start anything"

"I agree" Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan sat back in their chairs and watched the Adoians have fun.

     Mai-Jin danced a few dances, when she was asked.  Mai-Jin was a very good dancer; something mixed with previous experience and Jedi agility.  She sat down after five dances and looked at Obi-Wan, he looked back at her with a surprised look on his face.

"I didn't know you knew how to dance"

"It isn't very hard, I've only danced a couple dances before that, have you ever-"

"Once, a long time ago"

"Would you like to?"  Obi-Wan considered it for a moment, then decided to; it would pass the time anyway.  Him and Mai-Jin walked out to the dance floor.  Mai-Jin could tell that he was not accustomed to dancing, but he gained skill at dancing by the second, and soon they were looking spectacular.

    They spun across the dance floor, and were the center of attention.  Unknowingly, they mixed in little parts influenced by the Jedi fighting technique, and soon the dance was over, they sat back down with a small applause.

"Fun"

"Yea, it was fun wasn't it?"  Mai-Jin asked her question not expecting it to be answered, and it wasn't.  They had looked kind of weird, both of them being in their Jedi uniforms, but Mai-Jin was wearing her Jedi cloak, so it kind of balanced out.
 
 

    Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan sat in a lounge room on their ship.  They had left the party as soon as they were given a formal goodbye, and thank you.  Anakin was sleeping, and they had nothing to do until they got back to the Jedi temple, so they just sat there, saying nothing.  Mai-Jin brought out her cards and started to play, while Obi-Wan just sat there partially interested in what she was doing.  Mai-Jin soon put the cards away and sat there with her head resting on her hand in boredom.

    The door opened just then and somebody walked in.

"We just got a transmission from the Jedi council, they have received distress calls from a planet in this area and want you to take a look at it."

"How far is it?"

"The planet Lantrokrin isn't very far, a couple days travel"

"Very well then, set us in that direction"

"I shall go see the captain about it sir" The girl left and Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan were left alone once more.

"Do you suppose its another trap?"

"Who knows, but we have to follow orders"

"I don't like the look of this, they'll lead us to the edges of the galaxy if they can, or until they can manage to get a spy on our ship"

"I don't like the look of this either.  This is not going to prove easily finished"

"No, it wont, my clone isn't going to make this easy either"

"Would they be able to clone your skills?"

"Hard to tell, the Sith allies haven't been identified yet, depending on who they are, the cloning techniques may be advanced or not.  We should prepare for the worst"

"I agree" Mai-Jin walked out of the room, leaving Obi-Wan alone.

    Much had changed for Obi-Wan since their first meeting.  His masters' words about her showing little or no emotion had proved wrong, or at least in the way he had referred it.  He was in a way, getting attached to her though, he wouldn't let himself admit it, but he was.

    He left the room as well, and walked silently around the interior of the ship, thinking once again.  His mind was now calm, and resting on two main topics, Mai-Jin and their upcoming mission.  They would probably go to planet to planet chasing after the Sith allies, one where they would meet up with Mai-Jin`s clone, he was sure of it.

    From what he knew about Lantrokrin, it was a very marshy planet, and most of the houses were in trees, it was too wet to build them on land.  The planet was inhabited mostly by human life, but a few alien peoples existed there.  He had been there once, on a mission with his master, and he was well known on that planet, that would perhaps be a problem.

    His opinion now of Mai-Jin had changed greatly since they had met.  He had thought of her as a very calm, wise person, and was kind of jealous of her talents.  Obi-Wan now thought of her as kind of cheerful, inventive and calm, serious in a way, but not as he had first seen her.  She was becoming more than a friend now, to him anyway, but he would not let himself admit it.  A love life would distract him from his Jedi duties, there was no time for a love life, in his eye, but nonetheless the feeling was there, and there was no escape from that.

    Obi-Wan had walked around most of the ship and found himself back in the lounge room, he sat down and fell asleep in the chair a couple minutes later.
 
 

Obi-Wan was still in the chair when he woke up, he opened his eyes slowly, and regained clear vision after he heard a familiar voice.

"Its about time you woke up, you've been sleeping here for hours" Mai-Jin was seated in the chair in front of him and playing cards.

"Mai?" he said in a sleepy sort of voice, then regained his sight and sat up in his chair. "What time is it?"

"On Courascant it would be around three by now, but we're currently in a different time zone"

"That late?"

"I don't think I need to answer that," Mai-Jin said with a smile, and a small chuckle.  "We're about halfway to Lantrokrin. Hungry?" She held out an apple to Obi-Wan, which he started eating with gratitude. "We just got some sent to us, they're from Alderaan."  Mai-Jin grabbed an apple herself and began eating.  When she was done, she got up and left the room.

    Anakin walked in a little while afterwards, and sat beside his master.

"Hello Anakin"

"Hello."

"Do you know where Mai-Jin went?"

"She's practicing-I think, I fixed her remote" Obi-Wan nodded.

"It should be around time for your lessons, let's go" Anakin stood up, and headed towards the door, followed by Obi-Wan.

*************************************************************************************

    Maye was sitting in a chair on the ship in transit to Lantrokrin.  She was happy to finally be doing something, out of her boredom.  Darth Maye would be staying on Lantrokrin for a week after Obi-Wan and her clone arrived; it wouldn't be very hard to find out about their arrival, she knew that Obi-Wan was well known on Lantrokrin.  She would make her appearance known while battle droids were Îescorting' Anakin to his death.  The battle wouldn't be hard to win, one of them, would be protecting Anakin, and would get there to late, or both of them would end up dead along with Anakin, wither way they would get what was coming to them.

    Mai-Jin was less than her match in skills, they had had equal skills when she had been cloned, and Maye had gotten more training since then, it would be no problem to defeat her, and Mai-Jin knew it.  The other one, Obi-Wan was more than a match for the one Maye had succeeded, but people learn from their mistakes, Darth Sidious would put more training into Maye than Maul.

    Maye grabbed an apple, and began to eat again.  Her thoughts were dwelling on battle techniques and victory, one by one, Sith would destroy the Jedi, and she would do her part by destroying two and a Jedi in training.  Her thoughts soon drifted onto the history of the Sith and how she had gotten to become one, she had been cloned off a very capable Jedi, through very good cloning techniques provided by their allies, the Mellonians.  Her training had been hard, but didn't take long to complete because of her Înatural' skills.

*************************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin was practicing with her remote and 8 bladed lightsaber; she handled it with a bit of difficulty, but was gaining skill very quickly.  It was very interesting to watch, but Obi-Wan kept Anakin focused, at least. Obi-Wan kept enough focus to figure out what Anakin was doing, and when to stop him, but it was very captivating, what Mai-Jin was doing, and even more so now, then it would've been before.

    Mai-Jin turned off her lightsaber and deactivated the remote.  She walked over to Obi-Wan and Anakin, then sat down in a chair beside them.  She got a distant look in her eyes and looked towards the big window behind her.

"This feels so familiar, this area of space, feels like I've been here before"

"You've been to Lantrokrin?"

"Not that I know of, but it feels so familiar"

"Trust it, that's all the advice I can give, your insides serve you well"

"I'll see you later, I'm suddenly very tired" Mai-Jin stood up and left the room, Obi-Wan's gaze drifting after her.

*************************************************************************************

    In her quarters, Mai-Jin lay on her bed, not moving, but not sleeping.  She was thinking, and drifting into sleep all the while.  She was thinking about Lantrokrin, of Obi-Wan, of Anakin, of Qui-Gon, of her mother, so many thoughts raced through her head, it was hard to keep track of them all.

    Lantrokrin, as she had learned from Obi-Wan, was very marshy, and most of the populace had to live in tree houses.  She had never been there, but felt the path they were traveling now was vaguely familiar.

   Obi-Wan, she was more than friends with him now.  She could sense the faintest bit of love in him; he hid it well, and obviously did not want to admit it to himself or her.  She liked him too, she would admit as much as that, to herself anyway.  Obi-Wan was lucky to be training Anakin.  He was a good child, he gave with no thought of reward, he was excellent at fixing things, and was very open about his thoughts and feelings.  He would have been trained by Qui-Gon, for sure, if he had lived long enough.  She had wished to have known qui-Gon as well as Obi-Wan did, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had a bond like father and son, even though Mai-Jin had known Qui-Gon for quite awhile, the bond had never been that strong.  She was at her cousin's funeral, but did not cry it was fate, and it was his destiny, to die.  He had died the way he would have wanted, it he were to think about it; fighting to protect innocent lives, and against an enemy who's kind had terrorized the Jedi for centuries.

    Her mother, she had disapproved of Maia being trained as a Jedi, "They may be the guardians of peace and justice, but that means they'll be in battles to defend it", or so her mother had said.  She eventually got to be trained anyway, against her mothers' wishes.  She trained until she was twelve, then left to find her mother, only to find out that her mother had died.  Mai-Jin returned to the order, to find that Qui-Gon had taken another apprentice, Obi-Wan.  She was welcomed back nonetheless and was trained by a master named Kel-Lun, until she was twenty, then left the order and went to Naboo.  She had wanted her visions to go away, she regretted becoming a Jedi, it was a wonderful life, but she had the guilt of her mothers' disapproval left with her, and that gave her a weight that was too heavy to carry.  The visions had bothered her, she always knew what was going to happen, it took the fun out of life, and she knew who would live, and who would die, and how that would happen.

    Mai-Jin was still deep in thought when a knock came at the door.  She sat up and shook off her drowsiness.

"Who is it?"

"It's Obi-Wan, we're preparing to land on Lantrokrin"

"I'll be out in a minute."  Mai-Jin stood up and put her cloak on, then walked out the door.  Obi-Wan was waiting for her, along with Anakin, and they started walking down the hall to where the boarding ramp was located.   When they got there, they had already landed, and there were people there to welcome them when they got off.

"Welcome to Lantrokrin, this way" Mai-Jin, Obi-Wan and Anakin were shown to a rather large tree house made of stone.  The house was supported by several trees and was very elegant.

"It is nice to see you back Obi-Wan, it is good this mission is being carried out by such a great Jedi.  Is this your apprentice?"

"I will explain that later"

    They were shown to a council room, where they would discuss the mission, and what had been happening in private.  Mai-Jin sat down across from the leaders of Lantrokrin and beside Obi-Wan and Anakin.  The doors were closed and they began to talk.

"What has been happening?"

"Several of our citizens have been taken by force, and many buildings have been burned to the ground, or trees chopped down so that the houses could not stay up."

"Do you have any idea who has been doing this?"

"No, all the witnesses have been killed, or the ones that were close enough to get faces, or even resemblance to anything.  All I can say is that they may quite possibly be droids"

"Battle droids most likely.  We'll deal with it"

"Thank you" Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan were shown out of the room, Anakin following close behind.  They were given quarters to stay in, although they said they could stay in their ship, their hosts' hospitality was accepted.

*************************************************************************************

    Darth Maye walked from one end of the room to the other, in some kind of trance.  She stopped and looked at the other occupants of the room.

"They have arrived, send a spy out to the main house immediately"

"Yes, of course" The other occupants bowed to Maye and left the room, leaving her to think, or do whatever she wanted.  Maye sat down and began thinking, of battle strategies, of what she would do with the information, of her clones' death.   She reached for an apple, and found the bowl empty, she just sat back after that.  Her plan was working very well, if it finished the way she wanted it to, she would have two dead Jedi, and a dead Jedi in training.  She would have the boy captured, while she faced Mai-Jin, the other Jedi would be helping to get one free, and come to late to save the other, then he would die, at her hand, after she was finished with Mai-Jin.

*************************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin stood staring out the window of the shared guest quarters, Anakin was still sleeping, and Obi-Wan had looked the same, the last time Mai-Jin had checked. It was just before dawn, too early for anybody to be up, but she was, she had been up for hours. Obi-Wan was standing beside her as dawn broke.

"Hello Obi-Wan"

"Hello.  What are you thinking?"

"It is my death day Obi-Wan, It is·." She got a distant look in her eyes, and turned around to face Obi-Wan, by then tears trickled down her cheeks and welled at the bottom of her eyes. "I never knew this day would come so quickly, never knew." She turned back to the window and watched as the sky turned reds and oranges and yellows. "Hide Anakin, and meet me in the main hall" Mai-Jin left the room.

*************************************************************************************

    Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan were waiting in the hall an hour later, and Mai-Jin was ready to fight.

"Its time for me to go" She said in a whisper, then she did something very unexpected.  Her ruby lips pressed to his in a blissful moment that seemed to last forever, and the shortest time possible, something that sent a chill through your body and was warm to the touch.  Mai-Jin's lips left Obi-Wan's, leaving him with a look of appreciation and shock on his face. "To remember you by" she said with the barest glimmer of a smile. "And whatever you do, don't follow me" Mai-Jin left the man standing and staring until she was just a dot at the end of the long hallway, then, silently, he began to follow.

    Mai-Jin walked until she came up to the top of the roof, then stopped in front of a dark figure.

"We meet at last Mai-Jin, but I am afraid we will never meet again, you will be dead"

"A Jedi accepts death, but I will fight to keep life."

"Very well, so foolish" The dark figure ignited her lightsaber and Mai-Jin hardly had enough time to block it with her own.  Maye was trying to push her towards the edge of the roof, if one of them fell, then that would be the end.  Their lightsabers clashed and neither of them were willing to yield. Mai-Jin tried every maneuver and attack possible, and still Darth Maye would not yield.  Mai-Jin jumped back, then pulled out her 8 bladed lightsaber, and ignited all 8 blades, hardly realizing how close to the edge she was.  That was when Obi-Wan got to the top of the roof, just in time to see Maye get chopped in a few pieces.  Mai-Jin was too close to the edge to catch it properly, she had thrown it like a boomerang and it was coming too quickly to step forward, she was trapped.  Obi-Wan noticed her predicament and raced towards her, then pulled her back and down to get her out of the way.  When the 8 blade was safely away, both of them were panting.  When both regained their breath Mai-Jin looked at Obi-Wan with a puzzled look.

"I told you not to follow, Anakin -"

"He is under safe guard" Mai-Jin nodded, then got up, quickly followed by Obi-Wan.  She began to leave "Wait" Mai-Jin gave him a puzzled look.

*************************************************************************************

    In the main entrance people were fighting battle droids left and right.  Obi-Wan had ordered that guards be posted there, for safety, he had said.  Anakin was in the throne room, the room with the most security.  The battle droids were beginning to thin out, and the guards getting tired.

*************************************************************************************

    Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin were standing there a minute later, Mai-Jin still giving Obi-Wan looks of puzzlement.  Obi-Wan bent down and kissed her, then stood up to his full height, Mai-Jin's cheeks flushed red and she looked down at the floor.

"I'm returning your favor" Obi-Wan said.  "We should get to the main entrance soon" Obi-Wan ran off, and Mai-Jin followed him after a minute of contemplating what had just happened.

    When they got there most of the guards were near exhaustion, they drew their lightsabers and in minutes, what was left of the battle droids was just a heap of metal.  They turned off their lightsabers and helped the guards get to the infirmary.

    They headed to the throne room, to see Anakin, the council was tied up, and Anakin was gone.  Mai-Jin pointed to a nearby window, her and Obi-Wan raced to it, then jumped out.  They followed a path until they came to a ship, Anakin was no where in sight, and they had to hope they were getting on the right one.  Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin hid themselves in the ship, then it took off.

    They walked around the ship, looking.  They came upon guards, but Jedi mind tricks were no match for them, and they did not have to kill anybody.  They eventually came to a door, and ordered the guards posted there to open it, which they did, with a bit of Jedi mind power to suggest it.  Anakin was inside, being guarded by quite a few battle droids, he was being transported to a larger ship, where somebody would have the pleasure of killing him, which was very unlike the Sith.  Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan ignited their lightsabers, and the battle droids were gone in a flash, they untied Anakin headed out the door.

   They eventually got to fly back to Lantrokrin, still using their Jedi mind powers to get them out of things.

*************************************************************************************
    Darth Sidious stood on the balcony contemplating what had happened to his apprentice.  He had lost another one, though cloning had worked better than spending years of training only to see the apprentice killed by a Jedi.  It was something he may try again, he thought, something, if enough clones were produced, would work.

*************************************************************************************

    The Lantrokrians had a celebration the day after, with the Jedi guests of honor.  Mai-Jin, Obi-Wan and Anakin left the day after, it would be two months journey to get back to The Jedi temple.

   It was two days after they had left, it hadn't dawned, but Mai-Jin was still standing up, looking out the window, it was her birthday today.  She had been up since midnight, the dawn of the new day, retracing all of her most cherished, and sad memories, she had just finished.  She left her quarters and walked a little ways down and across the hall to a lounge like room, where many conversations had taken place, there she sat down.  She was now thinking of staying with the Jedi order, of, not going back to regular life as she had planned.  Mai-Jin was still in deep thought when Obi-Wan came in hours later; she didn't even notice him come in.  After a few minutes of waiting, Obi-Wan spoke.

"Hello.  Good morning"
"Hello Obi-Wan.  I was thinking of staying with the Jedi order.  After what I have been through, I realize what, a Jedi really stands for, and I want to help.  I have never really realized, I have read the Jedi code, but only now, has it made sense." Obi-Wan nodded, then pulled something out and handed it to Mai-Jin. It was a ring.

"For you, I think you know what it means" She slipped the ring on her finger, and smiled.

"Thank you." It was an engagement ring, Obi-Wan did go about asking her in a weird way, but he had known she had loved him, and he felt the same, so the answer of yes was almost guaranteed.

************************************************************************************
    A year later the wedding took place.  A special room in the Jedi temple was used, a long red carpet went through the middle and all the Jedi stood on either side of it.  The council was at the head of the room and Obi-Wan stood beside Mai-Jin just in front of them.  Mai-Jin was wearing a very simple white dress, and Obi-Wan was wearing his Jedi uniform.  They were pronounced husband and wife before the entire Jedi order, and on their way out, they saw Qui-Gon watching, in spirit form, it would have been wonderful had he been alive to see that day.

    They were moved into a joined room in the temple and went on many missions together, Anakin included.  In time, Mai-Jin took a padawan; a young girl named Kea-Lli.  In two years Mai-Jin had a child, who they named Lin-Mei Kenobi.  Mai-Jin was killed three years later, by the Sith, for revenge of killing Darth Maye.  Her body was found a cremated, and eventually her ashes were sprinkled in the garden in Theed, what she would have wanted.   Her daughter lived to be a great Jedi, but faded into the background and disappeared just before the clone wars.  Obi-Wan lived on; one of the few Jedi to survive the clone wars, and was killed by Darth Vader.

*************************************************************************************
Authors notes:
And so the story ends, I have greatly enjoyed writing this and shall hopefully write about Lin-Mei.  Hope you have enjoyed it