.WAFL (l[B[Ky6 Wedding Bells by Mai-Jin
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
 
After The Vision Of Death- Wedding Bells
by Mai-Jin

    A special room in the temple had been set up an hour before, the large room was big enough for the entire Jedi order to fit in it, though lots of Jedi were on missions, so not all would be present.  A red rug ran through the middle of the room, bringing color to it.  Red and white roses had been fastened to the pillars that lined the walls of the room, though once everybody was in it, you could hardly see them.
What was left of the Jedi order stood on either sides of the rug, and the council stood in a semicircle at the front.  Everybody was waiting patiently, and hardly any sound could be heard in the room, unusual for such a large crowd.

    The doors at the back opened and two figures stepped through, who everybody had been waiting to see.  Mai-Jin was wearing a simple white dress and holding three roses.  Obi-Wan was wearing his Jedi uniform.  Both of them walked down the isle together and came to a stop in front of the council.

"We are gathered here today to witness the joining of two souls, who are taking the next step into their love life" The voice of Mace Windu boomed through the room.

    Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan turned to face each other, and said a single vow as one.  They exchanged rings and turned to face the crowd.

"I now introduce you to Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin Kenobi Mace Windu said in a loud voice, as applause rang out through the crowd and Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin shared their first kiss as husband and wife.  Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan walked out the door, and towards where the concession would be held.

    Outside, they both stopped, to see a smiling vision of Qui-Gon looking at them.  They began to speak, but he disappeared with a smile on his face before any sound could come out of either of their mouths.  They whispered about it for a few short seconds and continued onward, down the corridor to the great Jedi common room.

   When they reached the room in the temple where it would be held, which had been decorated by their friends and they hadn't seen, they waited for everybody to gather around behind them.  They opened the door and took their seats, quickly followed by their guests.

    The room had everything for enjoyment and was even more special tonight. There was a salad bar, dessert bar, and buffet so the Jedi could eat; all kinds of food from different lands gave a great selection.  Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan ate together, while chatting with friends and family.  A group of volunteer musicians announced that the first dance would start so Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan headed towards the large dance floor.

    They began a slow waltz, and looked perfect together.  Both Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin forgot there was anybody else in the room and simply enjoyed the dance.  They looked into each others eyes and saw love; they enjoyed each others company.  Everybody was watching, and even if this wasnt a complex dance, it looked very impressive.  Obi-Wan had natural talent and Mai-Jin had experience, she danced like she had been doing it since she was old enough to walk.  As the dance drew to a close, Obi-Wan and Mai-Jin shared a kiss.

    The newlyweds walked back to their seats and sat down.  They danced a couple more dances before the night was out, many Jedi retired to their quarters, and when there were only a few people left, Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan excused themselves so they could go take a walk together.

    They stepped out into the garden, it was a beautiful, clear night, and a soft, cold breeze tickled their arms and shoulders.  They held hands and said nothing, but sometimes silence speaks volumes.  They walked at a slow pace around the garden and looked at the flowers bathed in the moonlight, but most of all, they enjoyed each others company.

    Obi-Wan stopped for a second; Mai-Jin looked at him, questioningly.

What is it? She asked.

I sense something, someone.

I dont sense anything, pay it no mind. Obi-Wan nodded and then, a bit shaken, returned to walking.  He hadnt gotten more than a few steps when a voice that was vaguely familiar rung in his ears.  Obi-Wan froze.

So Oafy-Wan, tied the knot?  Bruck Chun stepped out of the shadows and walked towards the couple.  He looked Mai-Jin up and down, then turned in a way that he was facing Mai-Jin with his back to Obi-Wan.  So tell me gorgeous, how much did this oaf pay you? Bruck smiled and almost chuckled to himself, but held it back.  Mai-Jin glared at him.

What makes you even think

Of course, whatever it was, I will double it, and I am a, much, better choice than Oafy anyway.  Bruck smiled even wider and took Mai-Jins free hand.  Meanwhile, Obi-Wan, who had been trying to hold in his anger finally said something.

Let her go.  Bruck turned towards Obi-Wan, still holding Mais hand.

Challenging me Oafy? I am sure you will trip over your own feet and fall before you even try to draw your lightsaber Mai-Jin wrenched her hand from Brucks grip and just stared at him, anger trying to break free.  Bruck took it again, and increased his grip.

You know as well as I do that lightsabers are not to be used for that kind of thing. Obi-Wan said to Bruck.  Bruck squeezed Mai-Jins hand hard, she winced and he let go.

Do I know? I must have forgotten, oh well.  Bruck stepped away from Mai-Jin and drew his lightsaber.  It is too bad you are unarmed Oafy.  Your, or should I say, my girl, wont get hurt, but, you, oh, its just too bad.  Bruck lunged at Obi-Wan, and he dodged, breaking away from Mai-Jin.

    Mai-Jin looked around for something to use to help Obi-Wan as the battle raged on, or more, Obi-Wan was dodging and Bruck was attacking.  Then she remembered the training lightsabers in the common room, it was a long shot, but she might be able to concentrate enough to get at one.  She moved away unnoticed and concentrated.  She got her grip on the training lightsaber and flung it towards Obi-Wan.  It would not hurt like a real lightsaber, but it would block a real one and numb out what it touched.  Obi-Wan caught the lightsaber and Bruck glanced over at Mai-Jin, in rage, he hadnt realized she was a Jedi.  Obi-Wan used that to his advantage and got Bruck in the right shoulder.  Bruck lost all feeling in his arm and dropped his lightsaber, but shoved Obi-Wan to the ground and walked towards Mai-Jin.

Dont you dare Mai-Jin said, at the same time concentrating on the fallen lightsaber.  It flung into her hand and she ignited it. Dont even get close to me

Not many people here to stop me is there, Bruck said, with an evil smile.  Obi-Wan stopped him in his tracks.

Get away from her.  Bruck turned to face Obi-Wan, and lunged for his throat, but Obi-Wan managed to numb Brucks other arm, and that was the end of it.

You will regret that Kenobi. Bruck got up with difficulty and hopped on his speeder bike that he had started using the force.  As soon as he was out of sight Mai-Jin walked up to Obi-Wan and embraced him, then gave him a kiss.

    The two walked inside closer than hand in hand, and headed towards their new quarters, where they would be staying together.  They almost collapsed onto the bed when they got there, and fell asleep in each others arms soon after.
 

    Mai-Jin and Obi-Wan woke up late into the afternoon.  They dressed and sat down for something quick to eat before going to the common room, as they had no assigned mission.  They ate in silence and Mai-jin pondered what had happened the night before.  Obi-Wan could sense what she was thinking.

His name was Bruck Chun. Obi-Wan said, answering her thoughts.  Mai-Jin looked at him.  He never liked me from the start.  I havent seen him in years, way back in the time before I became a padawan  Mai-Jin nodded and kept listening.  He keeps grudges, even if it is this long, it all started when I ran into him in the hallway and tarnished his pride.  Many other things added to that, he was jealous that I became Qui-Gons padawan, and jealous that I did better than him at some things.

I see.  Everybody has enemies.  I should have listened to you when you said you sensed something. I didnt know him so I didnt sense his presence

There is nothing to forgive, we should just keep ourselves armed from now on.  Though, last night will just make him more desperate for revenge.  Mai-Jin nodded, and finished what she was eating, they both stood up, kissed and headed, hand in hand, out the door and towards the common room.