Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Winter in Hell



Part One

{This fanfic has the guys with their Japanese names. For those of you who don’t know who’s who in Samurai Troopers… Ryo=Ryo; Seiji=Sage; Toma=Rowen; Shu=Kento; Shin=Cye; Arago=Talpa…for everyone else, I(not really, my sister did) made them up.
Disclaimer: I do not own Samurai Troopers. Sunrise does. Don’t sue. Hope ya like…}


Rain fell heavily onto the dark textures of the street resembling little meteors fading on the earth’s surface. It was the month of December, so the atmosphere was full of mist. Today was different, though. It was the seventeenth of December, meaning people would flood the house.

We were holding a party for Mina, Shin’s elegant cousin. It was her eighteenth birthday, so we wanted it to be special. The banquet was fit for a queen. We had to make it so because of the fact that Mina was a ‘goddess.’ She was the polite, graceful one of the family, very different from the rest of us. The party commenced from seven o’clock until possibly midnight.

The time was 7:28 and only Ryo, Akana, and I were accompanying Shin in his large estate. We were done taking in the hundreds of boxes of decorations, so I lay down on the couch. I had to rest; I was so tired from school. At least we only had three days until we had our winter break.

I stared out the window to see any sign of the other guys. “Anada?” Shin’s voice started behind me. “Stop waiting for ‘em. They’ll be here soon. While you’re waiting, do you think you can help Akana in the kitchen?”

“Sure.”

* * *

The house was set up exactly to our liking. Streamers ran around the room and banners shouted ‘Happy Birthday!’ Ryo and Shin were expanding the decorations while Akana and I were cooking in the kitchen.

About an hour past before I heard the rough noises of a key barring against the metal of its core. The door was very hard to open given that it wasn’t oiled too recently. Ryo and Shin stopped after the clatter and tried to pull the door out of its rim. Shu was on the floor when I came out.

“Next time, tell me when you’re gonna open it, don’t do it right away.”

“Sorry, man. We would have opened the door earlier, but we couldn’t help stumbling over the boxes. They’re everywhere,” was Ryo’s hasty response.

* * *

I stood in one corner looking around the place as people blanketed the floor. The house was gorged with them – none who were friends. Only Mina didn’t turn up yet. Some were growing impatient.

“Where is she? I hope she’s comin’. I’ve been here for over an hour; half the time was spent on the damn decorations.” Ryo was complaining as usual.

The door started its weary ritual. The doorknob shook and the whole door began to shake. Finally, a drenched traveler appeared in the doorway. We were exempt from yelling out ‘surprise’ because she knew it was coming. “Sorry guys. Traffic was bad. The highway was flooded with water as well as cars.”

“It’s okay, Mina,” Toma gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. “Happy Birthday.”

I had forgotten about their close bond. When the guys were still fighting Arago, Toma saved Mina from a falling building. They grew on a sibling relationship. But it wasn’t long until they started dating. It’s been two years since then.

“Come on, Anada,” Akana knew my problem. “Maybe we could help Seiji set the table.”

After helping Seiji, I started staring at him as if to say something.

“Anada?”

“Seiji, do you know Mina very well?”

“Not really. Toma has brought her over a couple times. Why?”

“Nothing. Just curious. Do you like her? Is she, like…nice?”

“Anada, are you jealous? It’s okay. She’s going to have to move to Australia anyway to apply for her job. Toma can’t move with Mina, so he’s going to have to let her go.”

I was silent. I wanted her out of the house now not later. I was a little jealous, but not because Toma belonged to me. I just liked him a little, but enough to dislike anyone who went near him.

“Why don’t we go back? Just ignore her.”

“Okay. Thanks, Seiji.”

As soon as we entered the party room, Akana rushed up to us. “Have you guys seen Mina?”

“No, don’t wanna,” I turned to the dining room again and walked in. I noticed some figure outside in the backyard. Are those people? I’ll go check. I guess so. It's Toma and Mina.

“Are those people?” Ryo asked behind my shoulder. I turned around to see him peering out the back window. “I think it’s Toma and Mina. Na!” Ryo walked out the door and brought them in with him. They seemed pretty happy for a couple that was about to die.

She and Toma sat down on the dining room table as if they were a king and queen so elegant they had to be served. Mina’s long blonde hair swished down from the edge of the chair. They wore broad streaks of brown and waited for me to grab and suck the life out of it.

As we sat down on our plush velvet chairs, I began staring at Mina. She couldn’t stay. She was an extra. An extra piece of our big puzzle. She did not belong.

{I think that was a little too awkward. This chapter (especially Mina) doesn’t have a large impact on the story until a while later. The next one will have a fight with yoroi and youja and other crap, so please read on…}

Please give comments to: mindamoomoo@yahoo.com



Back to fanfics.

Go to chapter 2