"Days Like This"


Chapter 6


 
  (Monica POV -- July 1st, at the After party for the first show)

       I swear, I didn't know we knew this many people, people are everywhere, seems like they are packed to every corner. Hell, I didn't know it felt this good, man, I didn't know that I wanted the life I'm living so bad. It seems like everyone is out there dancing, enjoying themselves, moving to the loud rhythmic beat of the DJ's record. I sat in the very back of the VIP room, away from the light, away from the few bodies scattered around the room. 

       I closed my eyes trying to take my mind back to when I stepped my foot on that staged and the crowd's smooth UN-synchronized screams reached my ears. Smooth like creamy chocolate, smooth like skin, smooth like the mocha skin that enveloped his body. His beautiful body, Druex's beautiful creamy chocolate body -- damn where is my mind going!

       "Hi beautiful." Druex whispered as he sat next to me wrapping his arm around me pulling me to him.

       It seems that, that one night he slept next to me changed everything between us, and now he treats me like we have something going on. And I have to admit, I kind of like it, OK I like it, a lot. I like how he always has an excuse to touch me, I like how he always wants to be near me. But nothing will ever take the place of what happened last night, somehow after that, I know heaven exists, now I know what true pleasure is.

       "Druex." I replied turning to him trying to see his dark eyes that I knew were looking down at me with the want that I had started to become so accustomed too.

       "You were sensational out there tonight." He smiled, I knew because the lights had became a little softer because the mood had changed out on the danced floor.

       "Thanks," I grinned taking his hand, "you were pretty good yourself tonight."

       I heard him sigh and stand, letting my hand fall, up seeming to hesitate a moment before turning back to me, "Come on."

       "Where are we going?" I asked looking up at him wondering why his mood changed so quickly.

       "Just come on." He replied taking my hand again, pulling me to my feet.

       I followed quietly as he lead me through the crowd and to the large gray door that read 'Roof', he opened the door without a word and lead me up the stairs.  He closed the door and looked up at the sky for a minute silently, I looked at him, wondering what was on his mind.

       I stared at him for a couple of seconds before I spoke, "What's goin on Druex?"

       Druex looked away from the stars and walked toward me licking his lips, when he reached me he sat a hand on my hip and said, "Last night was more than I could've ever wished for but it's left me with a question that has interrupted the whole flow of things for me."

       I wasn't exactly comprehending what he was trying to say, "What question is that?"

       He sighed deeply then returned to his words, his eyes never leaving mine, "When I met you three months ago I saw what I wanted but I knew I wasn't ready to settle down. Now after last night I'm starting to question that, it's no secret how much I'm attracted to you, I just don't know if I ready to sit and make a REAL relationship out of this."

       I was contemplating opening myself up for the first ever, to anyone, especially a man. I looked away from him for a moment before looking back at the man I knew that I could love one day, he just had to give it a chance, hell I just had to open up and say so. "We could be so great if we just try, we could be so much more than what we are now, if we just try."

       "But Mon...I think I love you." Druex whispered running his finger tips over my cheek staring at me like he wanted to kiss me.

       "I think I could fall in love with you too." I replied kissing him for the first time since the night before. His hands found a place on my back pulling me closer as the kiss deepened. I don't think we are going to leave this roof for a while, where all this will lead, I don't know. I'm just not going to question it I'm just going to let it flow.

   (Achana's POV)

       I'm sitting here watching Xavier talk to Jarell, I'm getting kind of antsy over here watching them, Jarell's face trying to hide disgust and Xavier just sitting there running his mouth. I don't know why I invited Xavier, well yes I do, I had too he kept throwing hints, every time we talked -- or rather -- argued, he brought up the fact that I haven't said anything about him coming to see me perform. Now I wish I would have just ignored him.

       Xavier started to make his way over to me and I knew that this had to be the last time I would ever have to put myself through this. I looked over at Jarell who threw a knowing look back. I knew he understood, how I don't know, but I what I did know was that he understood where I was coming from. He gave me a small smile and I knew exactly where to go once I let this baggage in front of me go.

        "Xavier lets go outside for a minute." I said suddenly not grabbing his hand or anything just glancing back to make sure he was following me. I knew this tour would bring changes, changes that should've occurred long ago.

       Xavier let the door close behind him and I looked into his dark beautiful eyes almost regretting what I was about to do. I pulled him to me, touching his soft coffee colored skin for, what maybe, the last time. And then I did the unthinkable, I kissed him, it didn't even feel the same. Now I knew for sure what I was doing was right, for once in this relationship I was going to do something right.

       "Damn, Achana what was that for?" Xavier grinned not knowing he would never get to kiss me again.

       "Good-bye." I replied stepping away from him, even his presence was nauseating to me.

       "Good-bye?" He replied in shock, he moved to touch me and I moved away quickly.

       I shook my head trying to hide the smile that wanted to show it's self so bad, "Yes, Xavier...GOODBYE...it's useless trying stay together. I'm tired off all the drama you bring me day in and day out, so I'm saying good-bye. For good."

       "But -- but I thought you loved me Cha?" Xavier pleaded his eyebrows furrowed, confused, he obviously didn't see this coming.

       "I did Xavier, I did for along time, but lately I've come to hate you more so than love you. And there is no one to blame but you, the minute I signed that record deal and our single dropped you changed. And I don't love who you've become, I was so in love with being in love with you that I forgot to love myself sometimes. And I don't like that, so it's best if we just part ways." I replied crossing my arms, still fighting that grin of happiness that didn't want to hide at all.

       The look on his face showed that he comprehended my words and knew that they were all true, "But I still love you Cha."

       "I won't doubt that Xavier but I stopped loving you a long time ago. So it's best if we both let go." Now I didn't want to smile anymore, I just wanted to walk away from him, I didn't want to hear his voice anymore.

       Xavier shook his head and looked away from with eyes that I knew held more hurt than I had anticipated, "So where will I stay tonight?"

       "I don't know but you can't stay with me." I replied, surprisingly with tears in my eyes, it was actually painful for me to turn away from him. Even after all he had put me through, I still wished it didn't have to end this way.

       He shook his and looked back at me, his eyes were glazed over with tears, "If this is really what you want...then I'm out of here tomorrow morning."

       I looked back him making sure I was making the best decision for both of us, "This is really what I want."

       Xavier's eyes hit the ground, he then leaned over kissed me on the cheek, leaving the imprint of a tear on my cheek. He walked toward the door silently and just before he walked back into the After party he turned to me, "Good-bye Achana."

       It had been years since he had called me by my full name, I clenched my eyes shut and whispered, "Good-bye Xavier."

       It had been harder than I thought but it was over, I'm free. "But why does it hurt so bad?" I whispered to no one at all.

       Out of no where an answer came, "You loved him that's why it hurts."

       I Looked over at the voice to see Jarell standing with his arms open and I did exactly that, I let him hold me and I let me tears flow. "I didn't know I still loved him so much."

       "It's OK, it's OK, shh, it's OK." Jarell whispered while clutching me to his chest, it felt good to be held like that again, it has been too long since I've had a hug so warm.

       I pulled back and started wiping at my face, "God, Jarell, it feels good to be free yet it hurts so bad to let him go."

       Jarell shook his head looking at me expectantly, "I know and it's perfectly normal."

       "How do you know? Are you the Dali Lama or something?" I laughed as he put his arms around my waist hugging me again.

       He laughed and shook his head, "I just know, I went through it myself, I just know it feels better to have a friend right next to you while you go through it."

       I thought back to all the talks we've had lately and realized how good of a friend he really was, "Thank you so much Jarell. Thank you so much."

       Jarell just held me tighter, he didn't say a word he just let me hold on to him. I knew I wouldn't miss Xavier tonight, something about the way the stars shined tonight, I just knew. And maybe I would never miss Xavier, all I really knew was that whatever I ended up feeling Jarell would be there, as my friend to see me through.

  (Crystal's POV -- Later In her Room)
      
       I'm trying let the animosity, I feel about Kjuan not being here, go but it seems to only grow. He knows how important this was to me, this one night of all nights, but he missed it. It's unbelievable because I know that in September I will definitely be at the first date of the Nelly tour and probably a couple more.

       The phone rings suddenly, throwing me out of my thoughts, "Hello?"

       "Hey baby." I hear his low sexy voice greet me on the other line, making a tingle run up my spine.

       "Hey Juan." I'm smiling now and I don't know why, he always makes me feel like a little school girl who's sitting next to her crush.

       "I'm sorry 'bout not bein' there, you don't know how bad I wanted to be there but I'm out here workin. I thought about you the entire time Crys, I wanted to see you do good so bad, shit I hate I missed it. But how was it?" He said moving around a little, I didn't doubt his words one bit, I could hear in his voice the truth he spoke. Damn I wish we weren't on a phone hundreds of miles away.

       "Don't worry bout it baby, I understand, I do." I replied trying to forget how pissed I was not five minutes ago. "Oh my goodness Juan, it was amazing! I don't think I can even describe the feeling I got when I stepped foot on that stage! It was incredible to say the least, I guess."

       I could tell he was smiling, his voice held genuine joy in it, "I'm so proud of you Crys. You know that right?"

       "Yea." I replied looking up at the ceiling, that was something I could never say Kyjuan wasn't, I could never accuse him of being UN-supportive.

       "Damn I miss you girl. What'd you do to me?" He laughed trying to hide something else with his laughter I couldn't tell just yet.

       "I miss you too Juan." I said holding the phone with just my shoulder now.

       "Crystal can I ask you somethin'?" Kyjuan whispered closing a door in the background.

       "Yep"

       "Where do you see us goin' together?" He asked clicking on a light somewhere.

       I knew the answer, I think I've known for a while now, "As far we want to go Juan that's what I think. I think we can have the whole nine yards."

       "Us? Really?" He whispered his deep voice sounding light over the phone.

       "Yes, us. Juan we can have whatever the hell we want. Don't you see that? As long as we -- " I stopped suddenly I didn't know I should say it just yet.

       "Love each other?" He whispered, voicing what I was almost scared to say.

       "Yea."

       "I love you Crys, you know that?" He replied softly, in kind of a hurt tone, something I wasn't expecting at all.

       "Yes, Juan I know that, and I love you too." I replied turning over in my bed feeling cold and almost lonely, I needed to be where ever he was, it was becoming too much to bear. But I knew if we really loved each other distance wouldn't be a problem at all.

*Chapter 7
Feedback?