"Popular Thug"

Prologue

"I can't help if I'm a thug and I'm popular I think that come along
with driving a shock car"
....
"I should have heard it in the way you said my name, while I analyzed
your tone you were formulating games"


      
  She looked at the people around her, sighed, looked around again then stood up. She was waiting on her brother to come out of the back room of his friends house, he was either buying or selling something. She was getting restless, she never did like being on the Eastside after dark, but her big brother was just determine to have company tonight. And if she didn't love him she wouldn't be here.

       She moved her braids to the side too look at the aged pictures that lined the wall. She was so engrossed at looking at a picture of the finest nigga at her school she never heard the door open. She didn't know he was standing right behind her, looking at her up and down, sure she wasn't just out right fine but she REALLY wasn't ugly. He wasn't sure he had ever seen a black girl with no booty before, but then he saw she more than made up for it up top.

      Druex Fredricks made his way over to her, glancing at the mirror, he wanted to tap that. He didn't know why, but any girl that walked by him that he thought was cute, he wanted to tap, that was his problem.

       He stood there a minute then said, "Wat up?"

       Brittney Anderson turned around and what she saw didn't elate her, it just disgusted her. She knew he could have any girl at Liberty that he wanted, he had an ego bigger than the moon, and he had a reputation as a shiesty drug dealer.

       "Excuse me." Brittney walked past him, bumping into him on purpose, crossed her legs and look away from him.

       Druex turned toward her, his mouth open wide, he knew that girl, she was the one his boy had been strung out on before he got shot, "You Antoneo's girl ain't you? Brittney?"

       At the mention of her deceased boyfriends name Brittney lost her attitude and her eyes fell to the floor, "Yea."

       See about eleven months ago the police were at least 50 deep in the Eastside everyday all day. Brittney's boyfriend Antoneo Brice, Druex's cousin, had worked with her brother, and they had been together for years. But it all ended one day when Antoneo was caught in a gang-police crossfire, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He wasn't even with his boys, holding a spot of weed, or even being watched by the police. He was just an innocent victim for once in his life. Brittney hadn't been the same, she never expected that call, maybe one night while he was hustling and she was sleeping, but she was wide awake and he was on his way to meet her. She lost all respect for anything hustlers or police did from that point on, she even hated what her brother did that's why she was only there for a good-bye.

       "Aye I'm sorry 'bout dat." Druex replied looking around awkwardly, he saw her eyes catch site of the blue and red bandana wrapped around his wrist, and he hurriedly tried to take it off.

       Brittney shook her head, looking away, Druex was part of the reason Antoneo wasn't alive anymore, "Don't, keep it on, don't disrespect your boys just cuz I'm around."

      Druex shook his head, she was extremely loyal he could see that, "So why you in my house?"

       Brittney glared at him, she had just remembered she hated Druex, "My brotha is doin somethin back there."

       Druex shook his head about sit down beside her but seeing the look on her face thought different of that, "Oh I -- aiight Ima go see if I can hurry dem up."

       Brittney watched him walk into the back room shaking her head, thinking about the huge waste he was. Little did she know she wouldn't get see her brother walk out of back room, the next person she would see would be her father, the Police Chief.

"I would have never talked to you if I had known you was a popular thug"

....


*Chapter 1
Feedback?