"Popular Thug II: Beautiful Disaster"


Ch. 6


      (That Night)

      
Druex paced the floor as Brittney tried to, politely, end her phone conversation with her father. He didn't want to be here, discussing what they planned to, but he had made a promise and he had to keep.

       "Druex, I'm sorry, daddy was doing his job...again," Brittney sighed as she finally hung up the phone.

       Druex looked up her, his eye set cynically on her, "Being a father or policing your life?"

       "Being a father, Druex," she replied as she sat on the couch across the room.

       "B, can we get on with this?" he asked as she patted the seat next to him.

       "Come on."

       "B, you have to promise this stays between us. No body else can know, aiight?" he announced.

       "I promise."

       "I don't know where to start, honestly."

       "Start with what is going to make you an important man Druex, I need to know," Brittney replied sweeping a foot under her.

       "Why do you need to know?" he asked looking into those eyes he could remember so well. Druex had to distance himself slowly because he could feel himself falling toward her.

       "I just do," she answered softly.

       "Why, just tell me why?"
      
       She looked away from him momentarily before answering, her voice soft as a rose petal, "Because I -- want a future with you Druex, I really do and it can't happen with something hanging between us."

       Druex smiled softly, covering her hand with his, "Really? You want a future with me?"

       "More than anything in this world," Brittney replied staring his his dark brown eyes.

       "Can I ask you a question?"

       "Sure."

       "Do you still love me?" he asked as he rubbed the palm of her hand with his thumb.

       "I never quit," she whispered as he pulled her closer.

       "I'm here for a takeover," Druex replied softly in her ear.

       Brittney raised a well-shaped eyebrow, "Takeover?"

       "Takeover," he replied softly. "My bosses liked my work back in New York and want me to work the same magic here."

       "Takeover?" she whispered, unsure.

       "You heard it."

       Brittney moved away slowly, her eyebrows furrowed in a deep seated frown.

       Druex watched her momentarily, "What?"

       "Nothing," she whispered looking down at her hands.

       "What Brittney, what?" Druex asked as she visibly withdrew from his presence.

       Brittney's brown eyes darted from him to the door several times before she attempted to reply, "I don't think I can put myself in that position."

       "You love me still right?"

       "It's a question that doesn't need answering, Druex," she replied softly.

       "You mean so much to me and I would do anything for you and I need you to know that. But Brittney if you can't look past this -- my shortcoming -- then we can have nothing."

       Brittney rolled her eyes, sarcastically, "Of course I know that, I'm not dumb."

       "That's debateable," Druex joked as she softly punched him in the arm.

       "Shut up," she luaghed.

       "You wanna work on that -- together?"

       Brittney smiled, lovingly at him, "I would love to.
......
He’s beautiful
Such a beautiful disaster


****Note*****

This might possibly be the last chapter. Anything to say?
CruGirl05@aol.com

*Main
Feedback?