"Tomorrow"


(Epilogue)

There'll be no darkness tonight
Baby our love will shine
(Light in your love)
We've had our share of bad times
But now we're in paradise
(Loving each other right)
You're every wonder in this world to me
And I'll never let my baby leave me

"What are you doing to her?" Talia asked walking into her living room seeing her husband holding their daughter upside down.

Talia and Jarrell had married 3 years after Marques and Brittany, and Talia had their daughter, Cyan Naomi Houston, not a year and a half ago. They had been so much more happier since they had gotten back together watching their friends be happy and prosper. Mario and Danielle had picked and moved to California, planning to get married next year. Evone and Druex were still dating though he had hit 30, and was now the proud father of a 3 year old son named after him.

Jarrell smiled up at his wife as he struggled not to drop his daughter, "I dunno, she just said daddy up down, and I thought this was what she wanted."

Talia laughed as she sat on the couch next to Jarrell, "Don't drop her now."

Cyan lifted her dark little eyes and said with a voice that was only new to speaking, "Mommy up down!"

Talia laughed looking at her husband, "I guess she knows what she wants!"

Jarrell sat her down, plopping on the couch next to Talia, laying his head on her shoulder, "She's just like her mama and her grandma."

Talia shook her head as he daughter ran to her dolls in a wicker basket in the corner or the living room, "Yea we all something major in common."

"Like what?" Jarrell asked not looking up, but playing the wedding band on her finger. He had bought her a simple silver band with an emerald in it for an engagement ring, but when the wedding came along he surprised her with a big diamond ring. She was wearing both.

"We all adore Jarrell Damonte Houston." Talia smiled kissing his forehead, watching Cyan look through her dolls, she had everyone that had come out since she was six months old, Jarrell saw to that.

"Those Houston women always did have good taste." Jarrell smiled moving his attention from her rings to Cyan. He spoiled the hell out of her, she was his first daughter, his baby, he spoiled her because she was so much like her mother and her grandmother. The two women he had loved most in his life, Cyan got everything she wanted and more, but he could see she wasn't gonna be a brat.

Cyan loved anyone and everything, she walked around with a smile on her face, even when she was hurt she smiled. She already knew sharing, she had given little kids at her daycare her toys on too many occasions. She was just like her grandmother in that aspect, she loved anything that could be loved. But she had eyes like her mother, hair like her father, she had her father's color, and her mothers smile. And she was made of strong love and both her parent's made sure she knew that, they doted on every little thing she did.

Even though we've been through ups and downs
You know I'll always be around
Why did you do me that way?
But I still love you baby
Why did you hurt me that way babe?
Cause you will always be the man in my life


"Do you dream of me at night?" Jarrell whispered to Talia as they laid in bed together holding each other.

"Every night." She replied in a whisper, and she wasn't lying, her dreams were still filled with him but this time they didn't frighten her.

"Why did you love me for so long?" He replied inhaling her soft sent of strawberry's that he had remembered her wearing since they had met.

"Because you were all I ever wanted a tomorrow with." Talia replied tracing the place she knew was were his tattoo was, she had been doing it or so long she feel out all 3 tattoo's on his body.

"So you handle a today without me? Just as long as you had a tomorrow?" Jarrell replied closing his eyes.

"Yea, I love you Rell." She whispered moving to the tattoo with his mother's name on it.

"I love you too Lia, I love you too. Night."

Love only comes around once in a life time, and if you let go and it always comes back to you, it's true. Real love can out live a thousand obstacles, time, war, hatred, anger, and any other thing you throw at it. Love never wears out, it just lives on, growing as the days pass by. So never give it up, just let it go, love won't forget about you. All good things come with time, and with time all things not only get older but better.

=== End

Lyrics: Mya  - "Man In My Life" (c) 2000

Chapter Index
Feedback