"Voices In My Head"

Chapter 1

She knew, she had to know, no I mean no how in the hell could she not. Well, come on she's my fuckin best friend. He thought.

Shit head it's obvious you love her, ever since the day you fell off that damn horse and you had to go to the hospital and she stayed with you. That's how long you've loved her Jones don't deny it.
The voice in his head replied.

He stared at her putting lotion on her legs getting ready for her daily run, How could you not! Those soft coffee legs, that dark soft hair, and my God Damn those eyes! How could you not lust after that dymne?

"You feelin aiight J?" Cheyenne asked as he walked past her best friend who looked like he had was at the end of his rope.

"I'm good Chy." Jerome answered as he smiled up at her.

You are such a fuck up Jones. She saw you staring.
The voice in his head laughed

Go to hell.

"
Why are you running so early, got a date or somethin?" Jerome asked as she put on her new Reebok's, Allen Iverson's 'the Answer III', with them both being huge basketball fan's they both bought basketball stars shoes but Allen Iverson was Cheyenne's favorite.

"Yea, he some corporate guy from Chicago! I hear he's a millionaire! His name is Steven Manning." Cheyenne smiled as she shared her newest conquest.

Cheyenne Smith was a 25 year old theater actress from Los Angeles, California. She had acted on Broadway several times, even being nominated for a Tony award, but after 3 long years of none stop work she decided to stay with her long time best friend. Cheyenne was the kind of girl who, to keep from getting hurt, would just play men and go for money she didn't need. But she knew if there was one man in the whole world who she could trust it was Jerome.

Jerome didn't replied he just kept his well trained blues eyes connected to hers, she walked around him again with a sigh, "Don't look at me like that Romo."

"You can't keep doing this Chy, you fuckin yo' life up." Jerome replied as he stood up and walked over to the closet and pulled out a jacket for her to wear and threw it at her.

"Don't give me that shit, Jerome I'm 21, I'm to young to quit the game. Right now marriage is as far from my mind as the fuckin stars. Jerome falling in love is not an option for me, well right now at least." Cheyenne said while putting on the jacket.

Jerome didn't say a word he just sat on the couch, sat his feet on the table, she walked over to him kissed him on the cheek and said before walking out the door, "As long as I have you Jerome as my best friend I don't need these fake as playas."

Ha! She doesn't need love or doesn't want it. But I guess you could be the one to change that.
The voice in his head laughed.

I thought you were supposed to be helpful not sarcastic.
He replied.

"Hey Romo, you wanna shoot some hoops?" Druex asked walking in with his basketball.

Why can't I just be alone?
He groaned to himself

"Naw, maybe later Chy just left so I'm gonna get some TV time in you know." Jerome replied smiling.

Dickhead we both know you are just sitting around waiting to see her come in all sweaty and shit. And then get to see her run around in a towel after a shower and help her get ready for tonight. God you are a sad dumbass.
The voice in his head chuckled.

Die dip shit.
He replied.

"Aiight that's cool, holla." Druex said leaving.

"Yea nigga."

Asshole you have it bad.
The voice snickered.

Fuck off.
Jerome said aloud.

"Hey J who you talking to?" Cheyenne asked as she walked back in.

"Why you back so soon?" Jerome asked surprised hoping she didn't hear him.

She laughed as she walked in the bathroom, "I see you sure as hell didn't miss me. Well, I was halfway down the road when I realized I really didn't want to run so I decided to come back. So who you talkin to?"

Jerome cursed under his breath, "Um I wasn't talkin,g shit I was just thinkin of somethin."

Cheyenne laughed as she ran out of the bathroom with a towel rapped around her, "If yo' mama only could hear her little boy now! Where is the damn shampoo?"

"Shut up! Why don't you use mine?" Jerome replied trying to keep from staring.

"HA! Not that locker room shit, I'm trying keep my hair not make it fall out!" She laughed as she found her shampoo.

Aren't her legs just delicious Jerome?
The voice taunted.

I'm not payin you any attention.
Jerome replied.

Oh you are so pussy whipped.


"Romo are you OK?" Cheyenne asked before she went back to bathroom.

"Yea I'm cool." Jeromereplied finally looking at her. He couldn't move his eyes, she smiled and he could barely make his cheeks move.

Damn she a flat out dymne piece!
Jerome thought to himself.

Yea she is but she don't want you!
The voice in his head snarled.

Shut the fuck up, she just needs to see just how much I care for her.


Chapter 2
Feedback?