Timeline to Family

Written: 5/16/02

Pairings : C/A, C/A/S, A/S implied, S/W

Disclaimer : you know the drill I don't own them I'm just playing with them.

Spoilers : nothing really this is my own take on things

---------

Cordy and Angel sat thinking about their family, the family they had now, 2099, was much different than it started.  Everything had changed and Cordy finally understood her mate’s comment about immortality being hard to live with.  She had seen so many come and go in her life.

 

2001 ~ this is when it all began.  Connor was born.  He was Angel and Darla’s child, no one knows to this day how that happened how it was possible that two undead vampires created a human child but they did.  Connor lightened the household, Angel smiled and cooed at his boy – of course he’d deny it if you asked him if he cooed but he did.

 

2002 ~ Connor was stolen by Holtz,  a man from Angelus’ past, one he had tortured and hurt.  Angelus had killed Holtz’ son and that is why Holtz stole Connor to make Angelus pay.  What he didn’t understand was he was no longer Angelus he was Angel now he wasn’t the vampire he was then.

 

2002~ About 2 months later Connor was brought back to Angel by Holtz, still an infant, Holtz had found out that he was about to die from the way he was “stored” so that he didn’t die when he should have back in the 1800’s his body was giving out and he didn’t want Connor to die from not being fed or something if Holtz died when he still had him.  Angel and Cordy took over raising Angel’s son.

 

2007~ Spike and Angel made up.  No one quite understands the dynamic between the two but Spike came to LA after he and Buffy’s fling and after he attacked her wanting someplace to feel like he could be a vampire but that the people around him liked him for himself and not only his strength.  Angel and Spike fought, they wrestled and Spike got a pounding from Angel just not with his fists. Soon, there was a routine in the hotel.  Spike and Angel did the fighting of the demons and they fought beautifully side by side.  Angel felt like he wasn’t so strange anymore.  He wasn’t the only vampire who had changed.  He knew even though Spike had a chip in his brain he knew that a chip would not change who Spike really is if he didn’t want to let it.  Their came a time in vampires lives when they start to want to have companionship.  He  knew this – he didn’t have a chip but he did have a soul, however the souls only made him pay for what he had done.  It didn’t make him love Cordy or Connor or Spike for that matter.  Love wasn’t something only people with a soul could feel all beings, human or demon or somewhere in between had the capacity to love.  Spike cared about certain humans others of course he wanted for food but he couldn’t have that.

 

2009~ after Spike was attacked by a bunch of humans in a gang and was beaten to a pulp Cordy stepped in.  With her new powers she set things right.  She had put her hands on the sides of Spike’s head and then moved them to the back of his head.  “You no longer need this” Cordy advised him and soon the chip appeared in her hand.  “You are free to be yourself Spike.” Cordy tells him before collapsing onto the couch.  Spike and Angel both carry her to Angel’s room and Spike lays on one side of her, Angel on the other.  Connor is in his room playing with a game boy.  When Cordy awakens the 3 of them make love for the first time, after which Spike leaves – saying he needs closure to some things.  He goes on a hunting spree for Initiative members.

 

2010~Lives are shattered and others lives disturbed when they learn Buffy has died.  She was shot by a drive by shooting.  This time Willow would not revive her.  Dawn lives with Willow and Tara.

 

2015~Giles, Anya, Tara die in an earthquake.

 

2016~Xander and Willow decide to follow their hearts and they marry, Dawn lives with on her own in Sunnydale.

 

2019~Krystal Rose Harris is born to loving parents Xander and Willow.

 

2020~Xander leaves Willow and Krystal saying he only loves her like a friend. Willow goes postal, she’s felt enough loss and now she wants to get even.

 

2021~ Spike has returned, his revenge was sweet and he’s ready to live with them again.  Willow arrives in LA and asks Spike to help her, she knows he doesn’t have the chip anymore and she wants Xander to pay.

~~~  A few months later Xander dies in a construction “Accident” after having been drained dry.  Willow and Krystal live at the hotel.  Dawn remains in Sunnydale she’s living with her human boyfriend.

 

2025~ Spike and Willow have a relationship – they have had one since she arrived at the hotel, he offers to turn her so she can remain with him forever if she’ll step in the time machine to de-age, so she looks his age now 43.  She agrees and within and hour Willow is 22 again.  Spike turns her.  Teaches her to hunt, teaches her to be a vampire, then Angel casts a spell restoring her soul with no clauses, the same his soul is now, Willow had fixed that when she arrived.  The only reason for the soul is so she has a pull to her family – otherwise new vampires like to wander the earth because they feel they are above the need for humanity, the gang just sped up the process of her wanting her family around her.

 

2030~ Spike and Willow finally mated.

 

2031~Dawn makes a deadly mistake.  She tries to seduce Spike away from Willow, she’s always had the hots for the vampire, but his mate doesn’t approve.  Willow kills Dawn for touching her property, her mate.

 

2056~Deadly destruction.  An Earthquake finally has its say, it tears ¾ of California off the side of the country.  Angel and Spike being vampires and having been around for centuries feel the signs and order everyone to leave CA immediately – a week before the earthquake.  They go north through Oregon. Once there they see on the news that California and its surviving residents now live on an island known as California.  All that survived of the gang were Angel, Cordy, Spike, Willow and Lorne.  Connor and his wife and child didn’t survive, and neither did Krystal and her husband.

 ~~ Angel orders everyone to move to a new place, someplace where the threats to them were less, someplace where there wasn’t as much sun.  So he looks at a map and chooses Michigan.  That decision causes and uproar from everyone especially Cordy and Spike – they don’t want to live in such a boring place.  Angel finally exerts Angelus on them and reminds them both through a deep bite to both of them, they are his, his mate, his childe, his family and they will remain with him forever, there will be no more arguments.  The family moves to Detroit.  Where there is lots of food for the vampires, millions of Happy Meals on legs, there is a good majority of cloudy days so the vamps aren’t stuck inside everyday.  But most of all there is no earthquakes, no slayers and no threats to a family that has seen to much to be able to take more pain of losing another member.