Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Chapter 9

Laura goes downstairs and sees Luke sitting on the couch watching television.  Luke hears her as she is coming down the stairs and looks over.  He has been a little worried since Lucky told him about his concerns for his mother.

Luke: What's wrong, Baby?

Laura: Nothing.  I was just making sure Lulu would stay asleep after all of the comotion.

Luke: I trust my girl child is sleeping like a baby.

Laura: Yeah, well it seems she didn't even notice anything happened here earlier.

Luke: She's used to this family, I guess.

Laura sits down next to Luke.  Luke puts his arm round her and pushes her closer until she rests her head on his shoulder.  She felt so safe and comfortable right now that she never wanted this moment to end.  Luke felt her relax a bit in his arms and was grateful she was calm now.

Laura: So what are you watching?

Luke: Nothing really.  Just some stupid movie to pass the time... You seem tired.

Laura: A little.  Sean and Tiff's visit took a lot out of me.

Luke: I hope not too much.

Laura: Never.

Laura lifts her head and looks at Luke.  Luke took that moment to lean down and kiss Laura gently.  Oh, how he wished this night went off without a hitch.  How come it seems harder now to get some time alone together than it did when we weren't married?  He looked at the stairs and found his answer.  Two kids, a mother-in-law, and friends coming unexpectedly didn't help at all.  But he knew the night wasn't completely ruined yet.

Luke: It's late.  Maybe we should just go to bed now.

Laura: In a minute.  Why don't you go up without me.

Luke: Okay.

Luke kisses Laura on the forehead and leaves to go upstairs.  He was glad Laura wanted to stay downstairs for a minute so he would have time to prepare for his next brilliant idea.  ‘If this doesn't work, nothing will,' he thought.

Laura goes into the kitchen to finish the clean up job that Luke started.  She just needed another minute to get her mind back on track before going to bed.  She didn't want Luke to notice her in this state.  It seemed the only time she wasn't thinking of Stefan's threat was when Luke did something to surprise her.  She finished washing the two champagne glasses and thinks of all the trouble Luke went through to make it completely right.  ‘Oh, well.  Some nights just weren't meant to be,' she thought.


Luke is upstairs and gets into bed, smiling the whole time.  He knew he outdone himself this time.  Luke definitely wasn't going to let Sean ruin his night with Laura.  He lays down, puts his hands behind his head, waiting for Laura to come to bed.  He didn't have to wait long because a minute later Laura opened the door.  She walked inside and noticed a blanket hung from a wire above the bed, seperating the bed in two.  Laura was absolutely speechless.

Luke looked passed the blanket to see Laura's expression.  How he loved that look.  He noticed a single tear run down her face and he blew her a kiss.  She caught it and placed her hand on her heart as if wanting to keep that kiss with her always.  Luke got up slightly, leaning on his arm.

Luke: You still remember the movie?

Laura: I think so.

Laura goes over to the bed and is about to tear down Walls of Jericho herself.  As Laura grabs the blanket, Luke gets up and grabs her and helps her take the those walls down.  He throws the blanket on the ground and starts to kiss Laura, passionately.  As they continue to kiss, each one taking in ever second like it's their last, the phone rings.  They try to ignore it, but it keeps on ringing.  Laura pushes Luke away slightly to allow her to answer it.

Luke: Why don't you just ignore it?  It's probably one of those annoying operators asking you if you want to switch long distance companies or something.

Laura: This late at night?

Luke: If it's important, they'll leave a message. (Luke leans down and starts kissing Laura's neck)

Laura: If it wasn't important, they wouldn't be calling at this time of night.  I'll make it short.

Luke gives Laura room to answer the phone.  She smiles and gives Luke a kiss before picking up. "Hello?"

"Six more days, Lasha.  Six more days."


 NEXT CHAPTER

 PREVIOUS CHAPTER


 CHAPTER MENU