.
.
 
 
If You Give 
Cody a Cookie

by Nell

This fanfic and future TYR “If You Give...” stories are based on the children’s book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura Joffe Numeroff.  No infringement was intentional.  This is strictly fan fiction and intended to be enjoyed as such.  If you haven’t read the story, go out and get it.  It’s darling!  And this story will make a little more sense too. 



If you give Cody a cookie, he’ll ask Rachel for a mug of milk. 

When Rachel gives him the mug, it’s only half full. 

Complaining it’s only half full, he’ll ask Rachel to fill it all the way. 

Then she’ll remind him that he’s the one who didn’t milk the cow. 

When Cody grumbles, he realized that if he wants milk he has to do his chores. 

So he decides milk’s not that important and asks to be excused. 

When he goes outside he’s “died and gone to Heaven.”  Abigail McPherson approaches the station as Teaspoon commands him, “There’s a fence post needin’ mendin’.” 

Cody gets carried away on his mending in order to spend some time with Abigail. 

When he’s done, Abigail’s gone so he’ll probably want to take a nap. 

So he’ll go into the bunkhouse, fluff his pillow, and pat his mattress. 

He’ll climb up, make himself comfortable, and close his eyes. 

He’ll curse as suddenly the bunk collapses.  He’ll probably think the fall has nothing to do with switching Buck’s pouch contents with sand. 

So he’ll decide to read a dime store novel in order to calm his nerves. 

When he finishes the book, he’ll get so excited he’ll want to write his own “True Tales of the West.”  Which leads him to pull out paper, ink, and a quill. 

He’ll write several stories.  When the stories are finished, he’ll want to get them published. 

Which means he’ll need to mail them. 

Which reminds him he has a ride.  He’ll try to be a hero and end up with a bear and a pregnant woman following him. 

On the way home, he’ll become the lead in “Only the Good Die Young.”  Which means one day he’ll want to have his own traveling Wild West Show. 

Looking at the cow in the barn while cooling down his horse will remind him that he’s thirsty. 

He’ll realize that he still hasn’t milked the cow.  So. . . 

he’ll fill his own mug. 

And chances are, if Cody has a mug of milk, he’ll want a cookie to go with it. 
 


THE END

Comments?  Email Nell


 
 
.
.
.
.