More Butai Love: episode 1
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Sakura Taisen was created by Ooji Hiroi-sensei; all rights reserved to Sega co. Red co. Bandai Visual.
This fanfiction is written by JillM; original posting: september 23, 2001
Jill's notes: This fic will be the 'happy & silly' fic I've been needed to write for a while. I'll continue many themes from the smite series, but in the same disturbing style of 'wonderful scandal'. Please excuse all uncensored bad language & toilet humor. At the end of each episode, there will either be a clip from the musical performance or a sneak-peak of the other Hanagumi members on vacation. This episode's music clip "I know" comes from Save Ferris, Jill's favorite ska band. That's it for now. Happy reading!

aa, yes, kurisu-chan - we've gone & done it again! this one is for you! please smile ok? ^___^

More Butai Love
Episode 1


With just three days before opening night, things were getting a bit intense around the Daiteikoku Gekijou. As ticket-boy Oogami Ichirou would soon discover - the worse was yet to come.

"What the heck are you doing??!" Oogami exclaimed frantically after being summoned to the Business office by a concerned Tsubomi. He and the young cadet gazed in shock at the horrendous mess of scattered papers and the three women lounging among it. "There are three days before the summer performance of "The Love of Asagao" opens!!"

"Love...?" a dazed Kasumi uttered, lifting her head from the table, "There is no such thing...! It doesn't exist!! Love is a figment of your imagination, Oogami-san!!" Rising to face him, she gave him a good smack across the face, "But an evil man as yourself wouldn't understand!!!"

"EEH?!" Oogami gasped, a bit stunned, "W-What are you talking about?!"

"I hate all men!!" Kasumi cried, putting her head back onto the table and sobbing.

While her friends consoled her, Oogami steered around the mess and tried to understand what was going on. But when he saw the shredded red rose mashed on the floor dramatically, he put the pieces together and figured it out. "Aa! Now I remember!!" he exclaimed, picking up the petals.

Let's re-run the flashback one more time - the part where Kasumi was ending her date with Baragumi's Taichou, Kotone... and where he revealed some shocking news to poor Kasumi: "Watashi wa... Homo desu..."

"KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!" Kasumi screamed, being reminded of the unspeakable incident.

"What? You didn't know?" Oogami asked, trying to come closer a step at a time, "Kasumi-san, didn't you have any inkling at all about his... er, preference."

"No, not once! It never occurred to me!!" she exclaimed, grabbing him by the collar and shaking him until he was dizzy, "I was used! I was used by you evil men-folk!!"

"UWAAAH!!" Oogami went flying over the counter and into the lobby. Lying on the floor for a moment, he finally got the world to stop spinning, "If the Teigeki San'nin Musume isn't doing their job... what are we going to do?"

"I don't know." Tsubomi replied, standing over him with a look of concern. "Ne, Oogami-san, maybe you should get Kaede-san to come help you."

"You're right... I've been lacking on the manly gauge." he noted, fixing his tie and energetically leaping onto his feet, "Perhaps some comforting and encouraging words from Kaede-san will help me get back up there!"

"That's not what I mean..." Tsubomi sighed, dropping her head - the bobbles losing its bounce. She then lifted up a little score-board with faces of all the Teigeki girls on it. "You must remember... Kaede-san is still mad at you about some prior incidents. She is in a very bad mood and may not want to talk to you."

Oogami shrugged and made a little bouquet from a nearby gift basket. "I'm sure Kaede-san will forgive me if I approach her correctly." he said, turning for the exit, "I'll be back soon. Please hold up the fort, Tsubomi-chan!"

"W-Wait a minute!" she cried after him. But it was already too late; he had gone out already. Sighing, Tsubomi turned back to the scoreboard. "Oogami-san sure has his work cut out for himself. Everyone seems to be in a bad mood." Just then all the phones started ringing at once. "KYAAAAAAA!! Someone help me!!!"

"No can do," Tsubaki said as she munched away from the great pile of snacks in the center of the office, "With Kasumi-san in a state of shock and rage, we don't have to work at all!"

"Yatta!" Yuri cheerfully leaned back in her chair and rested her arms behind her head, "From here on, we can concentrate on finding good scandal!"

"But the play is in three days!!" Tsubomi exclaimed and frantically waved her hands as the phones were going crazy. Still, her friends weren't listening to her. 'Smile smile...' she told herself, 'It's is going to be all right... Smile... SMILE DAMMIT!' Finally she cracked and slid down to the floor, her face in a dazed smile.

"She might get stuck that way," Tsubaki noted, going to examine her. It was then they heard the doors open and saw a group of people enter. "Oh, can I help you...?"

* * * * * * *
On the stage, the remaining Hanagumi were in the middle of practice. Sumire stood on the stage with Kouran, the other girls watching from the side. "What is on the fan... is there a morning glory?" Sumire asked.

Kouran carefully examined the delicate prop in her hands. "Sou ya! There is a morning glory, Poor pathetic Asagao!"

Sumire's face twitched. 'Poor pathetic...?!' Clearing her throat, she continued with her lines. "Aa~! Then my lover had come to see me!" she cried, walking around the stage and twirling her arms dramatically, "Oh, he was here! My sweet beloved~!"

"Erhem!" Maria interrupted and walked over to them, "Sumire, you're supposed to be a blind woman... You can't be moving around with ease. Perhaps you can feel around or stumble, or..."

Kanna stepped forward and suggested, "Maybe we should blindfold the witch to practice! It would surely be funnier if she fell into the orchestra pit..."

"Kanna-san!!" Sumire snapped, rolling up the script and racing up to her, "I am an actress, not a comedian!!!"

"Heh! You could've fooled me!!"

Maria sighed and rubbed her head as the two broke out into an argument. "This happens everyday..." She then turned to the others. "Let's take a five minute break to cool off - but only five minutes because we have just three more days before opening night."

"Hai," Sakura uttered, sitting on the edge of the stage with the others. "Reni, Airisu, and Orihime are all on vacation... It's up to us to put on a good production. Do you think we'll make it?"

"Aaan, I hope so." Kouran said and wiped away at her glasses. "But those two are the leads and have to get along. I wonder where Oogami-han went... He sure could talk some sense into them."

"I saw him in the storage room earlier." Maria noted, turning away from the quarrel behind her. Kanna had picked up part of the set and dropped it on the shrieking Sumire, who now couldn't move. "Something tells me Taichou won't be coming anytime soon. It's his 'free roaming time' and no doubt he's flirting around."

Everyone let out a deep sigh. Kanna popped up behind them and patted the trio on the shoulders, "Cheer up! I'm sure Taichou will give up his womanizing ways someday! I'll beat the crap out of him if he doesn't!"

"K-Kanna...!" Maria stammered, waving her hands, "Let's not resort to violence... right now that is. If Taichou has to be hospitalized, who will clip the tickets on opening night?"

"You're right." Kanna said with a shrug, "I'll have to hold back for a while. Heh, let's all take our minds off this and have a snack break. I'll whip up something quickly in the kitchen..."

Kanna led the others off the stage, forgetting about the screaming Sumire who still couldn't move from underneath the heavy set. "NE!! HELP ME!! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME IN THIS WAY!!! MINNA-SAN!! KANNA-SAAAAAAAN!!"

Just as the girls were reaching the hallway, they stopped to see a group of people being led around by Tsubaki. Sakura stepped forward, her eyes very wide. "Ma... Masaka...!"

* * * * * * * *
Oogami knocked on the door for a whole minute. "I know you're home, Kaede-san. Please answer." he said. But there wasn't any answer. Finally, he took out the emergency keys Kayama had given him and opened the door. "Kaede-san?" he asked, stepping into the apartment.

Looking down, he saw that her shoes were at the door and that her coat was hanging on the stand. Walking around the very modern room, he admired the framed art prints that hung on the wall. He then turned and gazed at picture of Kaede's sister, Ayame - a sigh of longing escaping from his throat. 'There's always something to remind me...'

Just then he realized the noises coming from behind. He turned around and saw the bathroom door slightly open and the water was running. "Kaede-san?" he asked, "Is that where you're hiding?"

But poking his head in there was a mistake. Instantly there was a scream and something hard to hit him in the head. Stumbling backwards, he dizzily fell onto the carpet. Seconds later, Kaede came out in a towel with a toilet plunger.

"Oogami-kun!!!" she exclaimed, "How dare you!! What do you think you're doing?! This is already the second time!!"

"I protest, Kaede-san! Surely you cannot blame me this time! It's very different from the last time! I mean, last time it was on purpose - and this time was honestly an accident!!"

"I don't care!!" she snapped, angrily kicking him a couple of times, "Oogami-kun, this is the last straw! I had considered forgiving you today, but now I've decided I could never renew my friendship with such a womanizing pervert as yourself!"

"But, Kaede-san!!" he gasped, sitting up and holding out the little bouquet, "I came today with sincere intentions! Honestly! I will blot out all naked images of you for the rest of my life... just please, please forgive me!"

Kaede stared at his pleading, sorry face. She almost fell for it. Almost.

"Oogami-kun," she hissed, slamming her pointer finger into his forehead, "For all I know, you'll be free to do as you like once you leave my presence. Your careless behavior with women will get you in trouble."

"Don't think I know that," he sighed, rubbing the red indent she had left, "But do you really blame me for something that's out of my control? I mean, I'm the only guy in the entire butai!"

"That is not an excuse! Yoneda-shihainin and the Baragumi are there, too!"

"They don't count!!"

Kaede, crossed as ever, pulled him up by the collar and started to drag him to the door. "Forget it! I'm so angry at you, Oogami-kun, you better get out of my apartment now!"

"Uwaah! K-Kaede-san!!" Oogami stammered, his face all red, "Your towel is slipping!!"

"EH!?"

Just then, the door flew open. "I'm home~!!" Kayama chimed, waving a bag of groceries in one hand and his guitar in the other. He stopped and stared at the spectacle in front of him. "Haaaah??" Sweat-beads covered all of their faces.

"Yuichi! It's not what you think!" Kaede cried, shoving Oogami away from her and grabbing her towel that had fallen on the floor, "Please understand! Nothing was going on!"

"Maa maa maa," Kayama said, unsuspectingly calm about this. He walked over and got Kaede her robe and then went to help Oogami off the floor. Smiling, he put his arm around the both of them. "Let's put this awkward scene behind us and be friends, ne?"

"D-Demo...!" Kaede started to object.

Oogami happily replied, "Hai! I absolutely agree!!" Kaede glared towards him as he went with her husband to the kitchen, laughing and chatting like usual. "Wahahaha, it was embarrassing so let's just forget about it!"

"Oogami, there's no need to be embarrassed! My Kaede is one sexy lady! I'm sure it couldn't been helped... Ahahahaha!"

Kaede sighed and covered her face. 'I can't believe this...' she swore to herself, 'I'm certainly not going to just forget about it! Watch out, Oogami Ichirou!!"

* * * * * * * *
Sakura had taken the guests up to the Salon. The trio watched her carefully as she served them tea. "D-Douzo..." she stammered, "Okaasama, Obaasama, and Gonjii..."

"Sakura-san," Shinguji Wakana said, accepting a cup, "You're probably wondering why we are here. The truth is... we've come to propose a marriage match for you."

Sakura split some tea on the table, her face going pale. "Hah? D-Demo... atashi...!"

"Maa maa!" Shinguji-obaasan cut in, going up to the girl, "It's a good match so don't complain! You've been too spoiled here in the city! It was better when you were a child - when I walloped you with the broom every time you decided to be willful!"

"Okaasama!" Wakana cried, stepping between them, "We agreed that we wouldn't use violence." She then turned to her daughter, "Sakura-san, I know we really haven't talked about it, but I think marriage will suit you very much. From a good match like this you'll have security, fidelity, esteem, and most importantly: sex."

Sakura went red. "O-Okaasama!!"

Obaasan snagged her shocked granddaughter by the shoulders and gave her a good shaking. "How do you expect me to ensure the continuity of the Shinguji family if you refuse to cooperate!! I'm an old lady and all I want to see is my grandchild married properly and get knocked up!"

"O-Obaasamaa!!"

Gontaru the Shinguji's loyal servant, moved into view. "Ojousama, please consider the proposal. It would make the mistress very happy. She told me she could die happily if she knew that the Shinguji name would be preserved for future generations."

"Please forgive me..." Sakura uttered, trying to calm down as they hovered around her, "I don't know if I can accept this. You see, I'm kind of seeing someone right now..."

"Would you forget about that shameless lieutenant?!" Obaasan snapped, getting scary for a little person. Sakura scrambled to hide behind her mother as the little old lady raged. "The womanizing pervert would taint our good name! Don't even consider it!"

While Gontaru wrestled with Obaasan to restrain her, Wakana turned to her upset daughter. "Sakura-san, I think you should at least meet the young man we have picked for you. I think you will find him very acceptable."

"What makes you think that, Okaasama?" Sakura sighed, rubbing her head that had begun to hurt. Wakana then took out a photograph of the man they were matching her with. Sakura froze. "... Aa!" Hearts in the air, she fell into a chair gazing at the picture adoringly. "Aaaaaaa~!"

Gontaru, Obaasan, Wakana all huddled together, grinning at their success. "YOSSHA!!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Special alert -> 1st clip from the summer performance "Ai no Asagao"

The lights dim slightly. Sumire stands onto the stage in an orange kimono with her hair tied up, waving her fan. (Backup dancers in blue kimonos and fans come out to surround her) The band starts with guitar, but break out with the trumpets and drums.

Sumire takes center stage and sings: "Mama said to stay away from guys like you... She said they were nasty - Make me do things I don't wanna do~! Stay away from bad boys - they've got one thing on their mind... Their hormones are raging and they want it - all the time~!"

Dancing in the storm of fireflies, Sumire and extras sing the chorus: "And I know - no, cuz she said so~! And I can't just let you go! And I know - no, cuz she said so~! And I can't just let you go!"

While the short music intermission, the backup dancers shift the scene. Kanna comes out on the other side of the stage, wearing a hakama and waving her own fan: "Well, I love you very much... You're nice to see and nice to touch~! But I would never ever, ever treat you wrong... I'll be waiting for you all along...!"

She and Sumire meet together and sing arm in arm: "And I know - no, cuz she said so! And I can't just let you go! And I know - no, cuz she said so! And I can't just let you go! Can't let you go... Oooo~! Can't let you go, oh oh oh...!"

The music slows and saxophones make a little sexy jazzy number, as Sumire seductively dances down the steps: "I SAID I want you to know! I said want you to know RIGHT NOW! Weeeell, I want you to know!! I said I want you to KNOW oh oh oh oh! Whoa~!"

Kouran and Sakura rush out into the audience, trying to get them all into it. Clapping along, they all sing, "Shout! Shout! Shout! Shout! (Hey hey hey hey! Hey hey hey hey! Yeah yeah yeah yeah! Yeah yeah yeah yeah!)"

The music goes back to the norm and the other girls join the dancers on stage. Kanna goes after Sumire down the stairs and takes the lead vocals: "And I know - no, cuz she said so! And I can't just let you go! And I know - no, cuz she said so! And I can't just let you go!"

A shower of morning glory petals comes down as Sumire holds out her arms and sings the final lines: "Ohhhhh~! Ohhhhh~! Nooooo~! NEVER...LET...YOU...GO!" The lights go out, the curtain falls, and the audience claps for the end of Act One.


onto episode 2
back to stfanfiction page