More Butai Lovin - ep.7
Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Sakura Taisen was created by Ooji Hiroi; all rights reserved to Sega co, Red Co, Bandai Visual
This fanfiction is by JillM, original posting: december 2001
notes: more disturbing behavior & language. the timer option! tsubomi's newfound rage and much much more!

More Butai Loving
Episode 7


"Are???" Jiru looked at the surroundings and didn't recognize a thing. "Are we lost or something??"

"Gwaah..." Kurisu drooped over the bicycle handles. "I'm tired... It's your turn to peddle, Jiru-san!"

"D-Demo!!" she cried. She pointed up at the steep hill ahead. "How am I supposed to go up that?! Ne! I have a better idea!"

"This is your idea??" Kurisu asked, when they went to a ramen cart instead. "This isn't going to get us back to the Teigeki, and didn't you just eat like an hour ago??"

"Mmm, umai!!" she replied, going to lift her bowl and drink up the rest of her soup. "It's not like we know where we are anyways. We can ask one of these guys for directions back and then have our bicycle towed."

'She thinks we're not in any hurry...' Kurisu noted to himself, 'Kaede-san did get hit in the head by a frozen fish, then went off with Oogami-san... I think it's a very serious situation!'

"Ano, sumimasen," Jiru was talking to the guys sitting next to her, "You wouldn't happen to know how to get to the Daiteikoku Gekijou from here, would you??"

Nishimura and Takeda stared at her, their mouths full of noodles. Suddenly, Dandy came running over. "It's terrible!! He kidnapped the Top Star of Teito fight before my very eyes!!"

"Na-Nani?!?" Kurisu snagged him by the collar. "Who took Sumire-sama?! Where did they go?! Which direction!!!"

"Baka yarou!!" Dandy snapped, "I'm talking about my cute Sakura-san!" He then stopped and held his hands together, hearts bursting in the air, "Aaaa~!"

"EEEEEH?!" Jiru and Kurisu went pale. 'Kono otouko... Sakura-san...?!?'

Nishimura let out a long sigh. "Don't mind our boss. He has issues."

Jiru asked, "Are you trying to say that Sakura-san has been kidnapped?? If that's the case, why not alert the police??"

The three turned teary eyed. "We're gangsters! You think they'd believe a bunch of hoodlums like us, down to the rotten core we are! We sing and dance too!!"

"J-Jaa... you could have fooled me..."

Kurisu then said, "Why not go to the Gekijou and get help from there??"

"DATTE!!!" Dandy exclaimed, "Oogami no yarou will go running to the rescue and get all the credit!!"

"Sou desu ka..."

"Boss," Takeda said, "Why don't we go rescue her ourselves? It'll get us some newfound respect and maybe we can even score some tickets to the opening night."

"Hmmm..." Dandy crossed his arms, tilting his head to side. He then snapped his fingers. "Aa! I got it! We'll rescue Sakura-san by ourselves! Not only it'll get us some newfound respect, maybe we can even score some tickets to the opening night! I'm brilliant!"

"Honto!" Jiru chimed, "I guess that's why you're the leader of the gang!"

"Sure..." Kurisu, Takeda, and Nishimaru grumbled.

"NE!" Jiru yanked all the guys off the stools, "Let's go save Sakura-san!!"

* * * * * * * * * * *
Back at the Teigeki, someone had pulled the alarm. 'An attack on Teito...?!' Oogami thought as he leapt into one of the hidden passages in the wall. Sliding down the chute, he found himself in the battle room already in uniform. The others were there already. "Minna! What's the report!!?"

All eyes turned to Kotone, who had pulled it. "Kagekidan! It's a great emergency!"

"Hurry up and tell us what it is!" Kanna snarled, "So we can do something about it!!"

"Sou yo!" Maria said, "I agree with Kanna! We're wasting time just standing here!"

Yokohiko handed his Taichou a tissue. Kotone wiped his eyes very dramatically. "It's Kiku-chan... He hasn't returned from his hair appointment. It's been hours... I have a bad feeling... something has happened to Kiku-chan!!"

"EH?!" Kaede and the Hanagumi looked aghast. (Yoneda was drunk and asleep in his office). "THIS IS THE EMERGENCY!?"

"Oh, please do something!" Yokohiko cried, "We can't seem to get in any contact with Kiku-chan. It's starting to feel weird within the Baragumi. So... so incomplete!"

"OI!!" Oogami snapped, pointing at him, "What the hell are you doing still posing as Sakura-kun!!" Yoko had been sporting the pink uniform with a bad wig and red ribbon.

"You called us down for this??" Sumire grumbled, "I was in the middle of practicing my lines! If I blank out on opening night, this will surely be the reason! HMP!" She then stormed out the battle room.

Kouran scratched her head. "What's Sumire-han's problem??" Kanna and Maria then went after Sumire. "And what are their problems?? The meeting is still going on, na??"

"Sou da yo," Kaede said, in military attire, "But since there really isn't an emergency, this meeting shall be put to an end... now. You're all dismissed!"

Both Kotone and Yoko started to protest, "BUT WHAT ABOUT...!!"

"Shhh!!" Kaede replied, shaking her finger at them, "Not only we still on duty, but we have a play to put on. If you are worried about Kikunojou, please take it into your own hands. We all have our own responsibilities, ne??

"Hai hai..." the two sighed and went for the door. But Kouran was in their way. "Hah?"

"I have just the thing you need to start looking for Kiku-han! Come with me!" she said, dragging them off to her hangar.

Oogami and Kaede were the ones left behind. "Oogami-kun," Kaede said over her shoulder, "I'll be in the storage room... waiting." She then walked out into the hall.

Oogami lifted an eyebrow. 'Eeeh??! Kaede-san!!' Blushing, he happily skipped out of the room. 'I'm coming~!'

* * * * * * * * * *
Kanna and Maria had caught up to Sumire before she went into her room. "Nan desu no?? I'm tired; I need a nap! Leave me alone!"

Kanna stopped the door with her hand. "Oi! You're up, Sumire! Don't try to avoid your responsibilities!"

Maria nodded. "You're the next one on the list, Sumire. You've got to stop Taichou from pursuing Kaede-san, before..."

The three of them stopped to see Kayama come out of Oogami's room and head for the stairs. "EEP!"

Sumire frowned. "Kayama-shoui is a nice guy. If he sees Chuui and Kaede-san together... Maa! I guess I'm the last resort! Leave it to me!!" she said, heading out into the hallway, "HOHOHOHO!"

"Great..." Kanna sighed as they watched her go down the stairs, "Another chance for an ego high for the cactus woman..."

Maria chuckled, "Eheh... how'd you think I'd get rid of her. Besides, we've got work to do. Let's go, Kanna!" She then dragged her off down the other stairs.

"Go where??"

* * * * * * * * * * *
"Kaede-san!!" Tsubomi clung to the woman pleading with all her might. "Don't go through with it! I beg of you! You don't know what you're doing! Every since that fish hit you in the head, you haven't been yourself!"

Kaede continued to apply some lipstick. "I don't know what you're talking about, Tsubomi-kun. I am in perfect control of my actions!"

"But why are you meeting Oogami-kun in this dark storage room?? When you're married no less!!"

"This is official military business. In fact, you better leave, Tsubomi-kun, because the interactions between me and Oogami-kun will be strictly confidential."

"DEMO...!!!" But it wasn't any use. Tsubomi sadly went for the door, turning back once to look at the fidgeting Kaede. 'She's turned into one of those girls... I have to help her, but how...? I don't know how to reverse the process!' She noticed that she was passing Oogami in the hallway. 'It's all his fault!!'

"UWAH!!" Oogami gagged as she elbowed him in the stomach. "Tsu... Tsubomi-chan?!?"

"I HATE ALL MEN!!!" she exclaimed, and then ran off.

'Not her too!!' he thought, watching her disappear around the corner, 'I have to help her right away!! But...' He turned for the storage room. 'First things first! Ehehe!'

"Ara~!" Sumire suddenly appeared and wrapped an arm around his. "Chuui, where are you going?? Come upstairs to the Salon and have some tea with me!"

"D-Demo... I was just about to..."

"A lady has invited you to tea, don't you dare refuse!!"

"Ha-Hai!"

"That's better," she said, as she slid her finger under his chin, "Now be a good Chuui and behave yourself- I might just reward you... Ho ho ho ho..."

"Uwah!" Oogami gasped, blushing and concentrating on her pretty face, "Sumire-kun..."

'I got him where I want him,' she told herself, 'But I'm not doing this for nothing! I want him to commit, this lowly toadstool!'

"I'm at your disposal... What do you want me to do?? I'll do anything for you, Sumire-kun!"

"First... tell me, Chuui... what type do you prefer?? Watakushi... or... Kaede-san??"

"EH?" His eyes bugged out. "Ja... Jaa..."

"I want a REAL answer," she said, holding his face with both hands, "Tell me the RIGHT answer!"

"E-to... well... ore wa..."

"CHUUI!!"

Oogami sweat-beaded. Time was ticking and Sumire was getting scary. 'There's only one right answer of course!! Don't be stupid, Oogami! Give her the right answer! Hurry up!!!'

"Kaede-san!" he blurted out. He then quickly covered his mouth. 'Oh! What have I done??!'

"NAN DESUTTE!?!?"

Moments later, Oogami was lying on the floor covered with scratches. "Yow... that's the end of that. Now where was I...?" He then turned for the door. "Kaede-san, sorry to make you wait~!"

"Iie, I didn't wait long!" she laughed, eyes sparkling and smile beaming, "Oogami-kun..."

The two rushed to each other, some dramatic music playing in the air. Oogami put his hands on her shoulders and pulled her to him, leaning for a kiss. "I've waited so long for this... Ayame-san..."

"Na... Nan-- MRP!!" Kaede's words cut off by the lips locking on to hers. She quickly shoved him away, a hurt expression in her eyes. "Oogami-kun, how could you...?!"

"Eh? Nani??"

"Don't talk to me!" she cried, rushing out of the room in tears.

Oogami sighed, "What did I do now??"

* * * * * * * * *
Tsubomi arrived in the Business office to join the strike. "I've had enough... I can't take it anymore!" she sighed, "Give me some of that plum candy!!"

Tsubaki quickly offered her the bowl, while Yuri became curious. "What's going on, Tsubomi-san?? No more 'smile smile' with you. What happened?? Was it something scandalous??"

"YES... iie, I mean, NO!" she cried, shoving the treats in her mouth, "Nothing happened! I'm just tired of Oogami-san and all men for that matter, so I decided to come here with you three."

"Nothing exciting happening here," Tsubaki replied, "Being on strike isn't as fun as I thought it'd be. I'm all finished looking at these bromides and I kind of miss real guys..."

"Sou desu yo!" Yuri said, "Maybe if our leader could get over Kotone-san, we could get ourselves something more interesting to do, besides sitting around or doing paper work. I want to get out on the field!"

"Ano..." said a voice. The three of them looked out and saw no one. "Ano..." the elderly voice repeated. This time, they leaned over the counter and saw Gontaro. "You three ladies wouldn't happen to have seen Sakura-ojousama??"

"What's it to you, you tiny little man!!" Tsubomi snapped, "You're probably one of those dirty old guys who chase young girls! Well I wouldn't tell you where Sakura-san was if you begged me! Out of my sight!!"

"Whoa..." Tsubaki uttered as Gontaru rushed away from the lobby, "I think you made him cry... That was cool, Tsubomi-san!"

"Yeah! Do it again!!" Yuri chimed, "Like to someone we all know! We wanna watch!!"

"All right..." Tsubomi stammered as the two dragged her out of the office, on to look for some men to snap at.

Meanwhile, the phone had been ringing this whole time. Kasumi finally picked it up. "Mushi mushi... Daiteikoku Geki-"

"Aa, Gekijou!" said a sinister voice, "I have something that belongs to you!"

"W-Who is this...??"

* * * * * * * * * * * *
Suddenly, Yoneda woke up in his office. The window was wide open. "Eh? How did you get in here??" he gasped, looking across his desk.

"Where is my granddaughter??" Shinguji-obaasan demanded, looking very very scary, "I want her returned right now!"

"W-What are you talking about??! Return Sakura?!"

Shinguji Wakana stepped forward. "Okaasama sensed that Sakura-san's spirit had faded from the Teigeki. If you are trying to prevent her arranged marriage..."

"Arranged marriage??!"

"Stop repeating what we're saying!!" Obaasan snapped, "I want my granddaughter right now, so we can finally leave this place!"

Yoneda sweat-beaded. "D-Don't worry, ladies. Sakura is probably around here somewhere. Surely, Oogami knows..."

"OOGAMI?!?" Obaasan exclaimed, leaping on the desk and grabbing him by the collar, "What about that player??!"

Wakana noted, "Okaasama doesn't like the young man and would be only pleased if you kept him away from Sakura-san at all times."

"Oogami is the Taichou of the Hanagumi; I can't do that...!" Yoneda started to say, but Obaasan's grip tightened on his collar. 'Eeep! This little old woman is a demon!!'

"Yoneda-san," Wakana added, "I advise you cooperate with us. Surely you don't want to become an enemy of the Shinguji family..."

"Ha... Hai..." he gasped, getting released by the evil-looking obaasan. He then snagged the phone to call the business office, to put a page on the intercom. "OI! Pick up!!" he cried as the phone kept on ringing, "OH HELL!" He got up and rushed for the door.

"Where do you think you're going??" Obaasan asked, getting in his way.

"I-I need to page Sakura on the intercom... It's in the business office, but all my workers are on strike..." Yoneda fearfully tried to explain.

"How do we know you're not trying to escape us?"

"I'M NOT!! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!!" he cried. The two shrugged and finally let him go. He then ran for the business office. 'Oh hell, where could Sakura be??!'

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Special Alert -> Another stormy day in Italy

"How horrible!!" Orihime gasped. She and Takeshi were running down the pebble streets, covering their heads with newspapers as it started to pour. "It was such a nice day too! Papa and Mama would be getting soaked as well!"

"Yeah... I guess it caught us all by surprise..." Takeshi noted, "Let's hurry back as soon as we can. I thought I heard some thunder..."

"Aa! My dress is all wet! MOU! What a horrible, horrible day!!!"

Just then a blast came down from the sky and hit Takeshi. Orihime, holding onto the keys to her mother's car, watched in horror. He crumpled to the ground, blood rolling from his lip, electric waves retracting from him.

"TAKESHI-SAAAAN!!!"

'Why does this always happen...??' Orihime thought later, looking after him in the hospital. He had started bleeding on his chest and experiencing some difficulties breathing, but the doctors had done a great job taking care of him. 'Oh Takeshi-san, why must you suffer time and time again??'

"I see..." Carin noted, hearing her daughter tell the stories of the other times, "This young man seems to get struck by lightning when he's with a girl... Must be bad luck..."

"W-What's that supposed to mean, Mama??" Orihime asked.

"What your mother is trying to say is," Seiya noted, "Perhaps Takeshi's strong feelings attract these electrical forces."

"Strong feelings...?" Orihime uttered, 'Masaka... Sakura-san...??!'

"Aa, we'll go get you something to eat," Carin noted, as she and Seiya got up and went for the door, "You've been here all day; you must be starving. We'll be right back."

After they left, Takeshi smiled up at Orihime. "I feel a lot better. This isn't as bad as the last time. The worse they said is that I might suffer some memory lost... I must BE lucky... lucky to be alive..."

"NE!" Orihime said, pointing her finger at him, "Tell me the truth! Did you ever... you know... have feelings for Sakura-san??!"

He went pale. "EEEEH??! Why all of a sudden??!"

"Not that I mind... it's just... I'm worried about you, Takeshi-san. If my parents' theory is correct, us being together might be dangerous for your health."

"Come on, Orihime! You're not the type to be superstitious. Besides, I don't believe any of that at all..."

Just then, more thunder was heard outside. Orihime quickly covered her ears, cringing with fear. "K-Kyaaa!"

Takeshi blinked his eyes. 'Uh-oh, we have a problem...'


onto ep.8
back to ep.6