Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
the characters of Sakura Taisen are creations of Ooji Hiroi-sensei. all rights reserved to Sega, Reg Company, Bandai. The 'smite' fanfic series is by Jill Mangaliman original posting September 19 2000. Last Revisions: February 2001, August 2001

Smite the Player - Oogami-san, you're going down!
Final Episode - Unwavering Cherry Blossoms


Sakura pulled herself up and looked at the person in the eyes. She had feelings mixed emotions all over. Her mouth quivered as she tried to get the words out. “H-how could you, Kaede-san!”

Holding out her hand, Kaede replied, “Sakura-kun, let me explain it...”

“I don’t want to know the reason! What you’ve done... I cannot forgive!”

"Ma-Matte...!”

“I had thought that you were in love with Kayama-san! That kind of love....I envied so much ....i-it doesn’t exist!” Sakura tearfully exclaimed.

Just then, something from behind hit her on the head and she fell unconscious. Kaede looked and saw two shadows. “Thank goodness you girls came. I was afraid that she was going to wake the whole neighborhood. But did you have to be so rough on her?”

One of them replied, “Honma na. But it was the only way to shut her up.”

The other said. “Hayaku yo! Let’s get her inside!”

* * *
Oogami wandered through the TeiGeki on his nightwatch. Outside, another storm had begun. He stopped at a window and gazed out at the cloudy skies and a down-pour of rain.

‘Will it rain forever....? Will I always be....’ he thought to himself staring at his solitary reflection in the glass, ‘....alone...?’

At that moment, thunder and lightning started up. Oogami’s heart began to pound uncontrollably.

‘That sure scared me. I wonder if Sakura-kun....wait, Oogami, you idiot, she’s mad at you, so she won’t want to see your face....but still...will she be all right during this thunder?’

Oogami went to her room and knocked on the door. He waited, then called, “Sakura-kun, could you open up? It’s me, Oogami. I know you don’t want deal with me right now, but I just want to know if you’re okay.”

There wasn’t an answer.

“Sakura-kun? Come on, I’m worried about you. Could you please respond?” he said, getting impatient and turning the knob, “Damn, it’s locked. She really must be angry.”

“Oogami, trying to get inside a girl’s room this late?” said a voice.

“Waaah!” Oogami screamed and fell over. He got up and saw Yoneda standing over him with a bottle of sake, “Shihainin! T-that’s not what I was doing! I-I was....”

“Don’t worry about it.” Yoneda laughed, “But it has been awfully quiet. I wonder if something’s up. Do you actually think everyone would sleep through a storm like this? Why do you think I’m up?” he noted waving his bottle in the air, “Well, anyway, I’m going down to my office. Matta na, Oogami.”

“Yeah.” Oogami uttered. He stopped to stare at the closed door, then looked down the hall, “Hm....”

* * *
“Where....am....I....?” Sakura uttered as her eyes focused. There was a blanket on her. She saw a circle of faces around her, “Huh? What’s going on?”

“Good, you’re awake! Sorry I clobbered you.” Kanna said.

Kohran said, “It’s fortunate you didn’t get a concussion or any injuries.”

Orihime said, “It’s about time for you, Sakura-san, to catch on to us. I thought we’d have to wait forever. Now you can share in the fun.”

Sakura sat up and replied, “I don’t understand. What are you talking about, Orihime-san?”

“The love letters to Shou’i-san, that’s what I’m talking about.”

“Huh? But I thought Kaede-san wrote those letters.”

Kaede cried franticly, “N-no! I didn’t write any letters to Oogami-kun! I-I have Kayama-san!”

Sakura exclaimed, “Now, I’m really confused! Who did!?”

“I just delivered the responses from the cubby hole. The ones who wrote the letters are....”

“All of you?” Sakura cried, turning to the other girls.

“You got it!” Kanna said, “It’s really been fun!”

“Yossha! I’ve had a lot of fun!” Kohran said.

Orihime noted, “I even agree with these two.”

Sakura turned to Sumire, who was in the back of the group. “You too?!”

“I just found out three days ago, but...yes, I’m involved also.”

“I can’t believe you guys!” Sakura cried, “Doing something like this to Oogami-san....!!!”

“IT WAS THE ONLY WAY!” Maria yelled back.

Everyone was surprised by her sudden response. Sakura looked to her. “What are you talking about, Maria-san?”

“It was the only way for Taichou to....to...know how I felt...” she uttered, clenching her fists, “Then he would understand....how it is to fall in love....then have your heart broken...”

“Maria-san....”

“It’s too late for us to turn back now. I’ve made up my mind.” she replied, “Sakura, would you like to help us? We have to write the final letter to the Taichou.”

“Me?” Sakura gasped.

* * *
“Onii-chan! Onii-chan!” Airisu called, running down the hall.

“What is it, Airisu?” Oogami asked, “Shouldn’t you be asleep by now?”

“I know I should be, but....I heard a scream outside.”

“A scream?”

“Uhn, I heard it half an hour ago. I’ve been looking for you since then.” Iris said

Oogami said, “Half an hour ago.....that’s a long time. I’ll look into it..”

“Onii-chan, kowai yo!”

“Don’t worry about it, Airisu. You should try to go to sleep.”

“Okay, I’ll try. Be careful, Onii-chan.”

He nodded and went to get a coat and flashlight. He started to examine the outside of the Playhouse. He stopped to see a beam of light coming out of the alley. There was a flashlight turned on lying on the ground.

“Huh? Somebody left this.” he said, “I wonder what happened here. Has someone been assaulted?”

“Don’t worry about it, Oogami.” said someone.

“Waaaaah!” Oogami screamed, falling over. (dejavu?)

Kayama stood over him with a smile. “The girl is safe. You need not worry.”

“Ka-Kayama?! How do you know?! (And whatcha doin’ scaring me like that?!)”

He just replied, “Let’s go inside. I’m cold and wet, and so are you. I’m sure Yoneda will share warm sake with us.”

“Oh, all right...” Oogami sighed, hesitantly, “But still....I wonder what happened....”

* * *
Kouran hit a switch and the typewriter popped out of the wall. “I’ve also installed a heating system, so we won’t freeze anymore.”

“What’s the use?! This is the last letter! Why didn’t you do that earlier?!” Orihime cried, “It’s been so cold~!”

“Sorry, Orihime-han. I worked on our emergency system first, you know those explosives that go off in case Oogami-han was catching onto us. Also, it took me a couple days to fix up that typewriter, not to mention the sound proof walls and the record player.”

“Which reminds me...” Kanna said, “I’ve got a new record. Let’s play it!”

“It better not be that Boogie Woogie record!” Orihime sighed, “If it is....!”

“Relax! It’s a classical music one just for you.”

“Really?” she said, “Kanna-san....”

“Don’t mention it. I thought since it was our last meeting here, that I’d let you win this time.”

“Thank you very much.” Orihime replied happily.

Kouran sighed, “Aww, how sweet, those two have made up! Now if only Sumire-han and Kanna-han could get along.”

“Me and that snake witch?! Hell no!” Kanna exclaimed. Surprisingly, there wasn’t a response. “Eh? Sumire, what’s the matter? Didn’t ya hear that?”

“I do not feel like arguing with you, Kanna-san.” Sumire muttered from her spot in the room.

“EH??” Kanna was confused. She whispered to Kohran, “She’s acting strange.”

“Maybe she’s just tired.” Kohran whispered back.

Maria interrupted their conversation and said, “Sakura, it’s your turn.”

Sakura stammered, “But I-I can’t do this! Oogami-san will....!”

“Oh, come on, Sakura-san!” Orihime said, “This is your chance to tell all your feelings to him! And also, it is your only chance to get back at him!”

“Demo, Atashi....”

Kohran said, “Don’t you feel angry at the way Oogami-han’s been treating you and everyone? Don’t you want to make him feel sorry for what he’s done?”

"Atashi wa....”

Kanna said, “Don’t you feel frustrated keeping your feelings inside? It ain’t healthy! You’ve got to let it all out, Sakura!”

Sakura clutched her head and exclaimed, “I don’t know what to do!”

“Sakura-san,” Sumire uttered, “You don’t have to, if you don’t want to.”

“What are you saying?!” Kanna yelled at Sumire, “What’s gotten into you?!”

“I just think that Sakura-san shouldn’t write a letter.”

“Why not?!” Sakura cried, “You did!”

Sumire exclaimed, “I am different from you!”

“What’s that suppose to mean?!” she said angrily, “Sumire-san, answer me!”

Maria stepped in. “That’s enough. Sakura, would you like to see the Taichou’s response to the last letter? Perhaps that will help you decide.”

His response read:

“Dearest,
I know you have doubts, but I have none. I feel like I’ve been waiting for someone. I fear that I will be waiting my whole life. The truth is I do not want to be waiting any longer. I want someone to be at my side and I want that someone to be you. That other thing that you feel is in more regard to you, I do not know what you are talking about. There is no one else and nothing else. Please come meet me. Make me wait no more.
Love, Oogami"

Sakura gripped the letter in her hands. A tear or two splattered onto it. Maria asked, “So, are you going to write it or not?”

Sakura looked to the doll hanging from the ceiling. It was battered and beaten up. She gripped the handle of her sword and remembered the painful truth.

‘Oogami-san.....doesn’t.....’

She leapt up in the air and gave it a big swing.

“HYAAAAAAAA!”

She landed with a thud along with the decapitated body.

‘.....love....me......’

“Oogami-san, you’re going down!!!!” she declared.

“YEAH!” everyone chimed, “Smite the player!”

* * *
“Waaaah!” Oogami screamed and fell on the floor. (Third time that night!)

“Yo, Oogami! What’s the matter with you?!” Yoneda asked, looking down at him.

“Just now, I felt a jump inside like something had happened.” he stammered getting back into his seat, “Or maybe I’ve been drinking too much warm sake.”

“In that case, you better give me your share. Wouldn’t want you to get drunk and go say some indecent things to the girls like last time.” Yoneda replied and snagged his bottle.

“W-what?! You know about that time?”

Kayama laughed, “Yuri-kun is very informative. She seems to know about everything that goes around here!”

“Hey....” Yoneda said, gravely, “Are you being faithful to Kaede-kun?!”

“H-hai! Of course!”

“Yoshi. Stick with one girl. Don’t be like Oogami.”

“HEY!” Oogami said angrily, “What’s that suppose to mean, old man?!”

Yoneda replied, “Exactly what it means. Kayama, give me your share, too. Don’t want you getting drunk either and doing something unfaithful. This is for Kaede-kun’s sake.”

Oogami and Kayama stopped and stared at Yoneda as he drank their bottles. “Hey, wait a minute....”

“Hic...hic....ish good sake.....mm...hic!”

* * *
“Finished.”

“Already, Sakura-han?!” Kohran cried.

“Let’s see! Let’s see!” Kanna said.

Orihime took hold of the letter and read out loud as the others gathered around.

“Dear, Ichirou-san,
I have finally decided to meet you. Let us meet outside the picture house in Asakusa at five o’clock sharp tomorrow night. I will be the woman wearing a white dress with a bouquet of roses. I want to tell you these words, these words that have been burning inside me for so long. I want to tell you them to you, face to face and hear you say them back to me. Please wait for me.
Love, your admirer.”

“Wow....” Kohran uttered, “How passionate!”

“Yeah! Good work, Sakura!” Kanna said.

“Well done.” Maria said taking the letter and spraying it with the sampler perfume they’ve been using, “I’ll have Tsubaki slip it into the mail tomorrow morning.”

“W-hat?!” Sakura cried, “You mean....”

“Yes, the TeiGeki Sannin Musume has been working for us.”

“Really?! All of you have been plotting this together all along?!”

Kaede said, “To tell you the truth, we all discovered what was going on then agreed to help. I found out when I went looking for the missing typewriter.”

Sumire said, “I found out when I ran into Orihime, trying to hide the typewriter after they rigged it.”

Orihime said, “Kohran asked me to join.”

Kanna added, “And Maria asked me to join.”

Kohran said, “I was asked by Maria to make the attic into a sound proof room and when I asked her why, she told me, so I joined up.”

Sakura turned to Maria. “Was it your plan all along?”

“Aa. It was.” she replied, “And I intend of finishing this, no matter what.”

* * *
Oogami woke with a big headache. “Yow. I knew I shouldn’t have drank that warm sake. Ack, look at the time....gotta get going....”

After getting dressed, he headed downstairs, where he was happily greeted by the TeiGeki Sannin Musume, “Ohayou gozimasu, Oogami-san!”

“Ohayou, Minna!”

“Aa, Oogami-san....” Kasumi started to say, but got elbowed by Yuri, “Hey!”

“I wanna tell Oogami-san!”

“No, I will! I’m older!”

“Tell me what?” he asked.

Tsubaki held up an envelope. “You’ve got another one this morning!”

“TSUBAKI-SAN!!” the other two exclaimed, “I was going to do it!!!”

“Here you go, Oogami-san! Enjoy!” she says, giving it to him, “I know its packed full of Love this time around!”

“Really? You think so, Tsubaki-chan?”

“Hai! Now open it and read what it has to say!”

“O-okay!” he replied and tore it open. As he read, the three gathered around and watched him. His face lit up happily. “She wants to meet me?! Tonight?!”

Tsubaki winked. “Didn’t I say it’d be packed with Love!”

“Well, have fun, Oogami-san.” Yuri said as they went to leave.

He called, “Wait! Aren’t all of you going to help me prepare? I mean this is a big deal....”

“Sorry. We’ve got a lot of work to do in the office today.” Kasumi replied, “You can get someone else to help you.”

“Someone else... but who?” he asked, but they just left, “Man, what am I going to do?”

Arriving at the business office, the TeiGeki Sannin Musume started laughing. “Ehehehe! If he only knew!” Yuri said.

Tsubaki said, “Hahaha! Poor Oogami-san doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into.”

Kasumi said, “We better finish all our work so we can go watch!”

“Right!” the other two said, but stopped to see the stacks lying on all of the desks, “But how in the world....!?”

“Well, let’s get started!”

* * *
“You want us to help you, Taichou?” Reni uttered.

Oogami nodded. “Yes, will you, Reni, Airisu, Jean-Paul?” Reni looked to Airisu who looked to Jean-Paul. There was a long pause of silence. “Well??” Oogami asked.

“Jean-Paul says not to hurry him. He’s still thinking.” Airisu replied.

Oogami face-faulted. “He is a stuffed bear!!!!”

“In that case,” Reni said, “We can’t help you, Taichou, if you think Airisu's special friend is a toy.”

“But he is!!!”

“Come on, let’s go.”

Airisu hit Oogami with Jean-Paul on the head. “Jean-Paul hates Onii-chan. But Airisu loves Onii-chan!”

“Then if Airisu loved Onii-chan, wouldn’t she help him get ready for tonight to meet this special lady?”

She eyed him then crossed her arms. “Onii-chan, you really don’t know anything about women, do you? Let’s go, Jean-Paul!”

“Wait!” he cried as the three left, “Who’s going to help me now?”

“Did somebody call for help??” said a voice.

“Huh?!” Oogami gasped, “That voice sounds familiar!”

“The butai of Love and Beauty!”

“Oh no...it’s the....”

“We, the Baragumi, will aid you!” Kotone said, posing.

“We’ll do anything you want, Ichirou-chan!” Yokihiko added, posing.

“S-so....p-please tell us....what is your p-problem.” Kikunojou stammered, posing.

Oogami reluctantly went into details about the letters and his meeting that evening. They took in everything and made their conclusions.

“Hm, it seems you have a dilemma.” Kotone noted, “But we’ll help you out.”

“Because you’re soooo cute!” Yokihiko chimed.

“Um, um, thank you.” Oogami replied, blushing.

Kikunojou said, “N-now....let’s decide your w-wardrobe....Y-you have to wear s-something nice...”

“Ooo! A fashion show!” Yokihiko cried happily, “With Ichirou-chan as the model! I’m dreaming!!!”

Oogami sighed, “Oh, damn. Is this the kind of help I was looking for?”

By 4:30, Oogami was all ready. He had borrowed cologne from Yoneda and picked out a suit from his closet. Kotone prepped him on his introduction, while Yokihiko helped him practice gentlemanly etiquette with Kikunojou acting as the girl.

“Remember, Ichirou-chan, to open the door for her!”

“Hai, hai. I’ll remember.”

“Oh, Ichirou-chan, if you’re successful, I’ll give you a big kiss!”

Oogami screamed and ran behind Kikunojou, who was wearing a fluffy pink dress. “Y-yokihiko! B-behave, yourself!!!” Kikunojou cried.

Kotone pointed at his watch. “You better head over there now.”

He nodded. “Right, but first....”

* * *
Before leaving Oogami stopped by the salon. As predicted, all the members of the Hanagumi were there. He stood in the doorway and watched them for a moment. Reni was first to see him. “Taichou?”

“Minna, I’m heading over to the Picture house right now to meet her. That’s all. I just wanted you all to know that.” They just stared at him. Oogami lowered his head; he had expected something like this.

Just then, he heard Kouran’s voice, “Good luck, Oogami-han!” she chimed as he lifted his head.

“Sou de~su! I hope she’s everything you’ve wanted.” Orihime added.

“Have a great time, Taichou!” Kanna said.

“Minna....” he uttered.

Kaede noted, “You better head over now. Don’t make her wait.”

“R-right! Well, I’m off!” he said, turning to go. Just as he was able to leave, someone grabbed onto to his arm. “Huh? Sakura-kun?”

“You mustn’t go, Oogami-san! You mustn’t!” she cried.

Orihime, Kanna and Kohran looked frantically to Maria, who replied, “Hold on.”

Sakura continued, “Oogami-san, if you go, you will surely....you will surely....! No, I cannot allow it! You cannot go meet that woman!”

He asked, “Why not!? Sakura-kun, do you know who she is?!”

“Yes, I do.” she said.

Everyone gasped. Kanna started to get up. “We’ve gotta stop her.....huh?!” Maria was gripping onto her arm so she couldn’t move, “Maria....?”

“Oogami-san, the one who wrote that letter.....” Sakura cried, “....is a foolish woman who in a million years will never deserve you!”

“Sakura-kun....” he uttered.

Maria got up from her chair. “Taichou, it’s already 4:45. What time do you have to be there?”

“Oh, my gosh! I gotta go.....” he stammered.

He stopped to looked at Sakura, who was giving him that same desperate look he gave her that night when he had gotten drunk and was begging her to stay with him. "Don’t go....please.....I beg of you....”

“Sakura-kun....I’m sorry....but I....”

She slowly let go of his arm. “I-I understand. Go ahead and go.”

“Hai... I’m going now. Bye everyone!” he said, leaving.

The rest got up and went to Sakura. “Geez, you almost gave it away.” Orihime said.

“Yeah, don’t scare us like that again.” Kohran said.

Kanna noted, “I would have to hurt ya! Well, we better head on over, too.”

Reni asked, “What? Where?”

“To watch of course.”

Reni and Airisu exchanged looks, then replied, “OKAY!”

* * *
Tsubaki ran into the business office. “That was Oogami-san. He just left.” she informed.

“And we’re no where near being done!” Yuri whined, “How can we go watch?!”

Kasumi noted, “We’ve got to finish this first.”

“At this rate, we’ll never get this work over with and we’ll miss everything!”

“But we can’t just leave all this here, Yuri-kun.”

Voices interrupted, “Did we hear a cry for help?”

“Huh?!” the TeiGeki Sannin Musume uttered.

“The butai of Love and Beauty will come to aid you!” the Baragumi said, making their entrance.

Kotone said, “We’ll do your work, so you can go watch Oogami-taichou.”

Yoki added, “I wish I could go watch the cute Ichirou-chan....”

Kikunojou noted, “W-we’ve watched him all day.....l-let’s help out.”

“Thank you!” the TeiGeki Sannin Musume chimed and left.

* * *
“Did we miss anything?” Tsubaki asked when they arrived in Asakusa, at the hiding spot where the others were watching.

“Not really.” Airisu said.

“It’s only ten after. He still looks hopeful.” Orihime said.

Kouran said, “I can’t believe those guys didn’t want to come. They’re missing out.”

Kanna nodded, “Kono Sumire sure is acting weird. She said she wasn’t interesting in watching.”

“Is that so?” Yuri asked, “I wonder what’s with her.”

“We brought some umbrellas.” Kasumi said, “We heard another rainstorm is coming.”

“Looks like its about to start.” Reni said, as water drops started falling from the sky.

They opened the three umbrellas and huddled under them, then looked over to where Oogami was. He stood outside the theater, which was unsheltered from the rain.

“It’s only a matter of time...” Maria uttered.

* * *
Sakura sat at the window, gazing out as the rain ran down the glass. “What have I done...”

“I told you not to write that letter.” Sumire said from behind.

“Sumire-san, but it was the only way.”

“Was it, Sakura-san? You are even more pitiful than I had believed. Wasn’t you who said that words on paper can be said by anyone? Why don’t you back up your own beliefs? Your feelings mean nothing if they aren’t expressed openly.”

“I-I can’t....”

“And why is that?”

“Because,” she uttered, “I already know his answer.”

“You foolish country girl!” Sumire yelled angrily, “You don’t know anything at all!”

Kaede walked in between them. “Let me say something to her.” she said and turned to Sakura, “A very wise young woman once told me.... ‘if you truly care for someone that much, wouldn’t you want to shout it out to the world and let everyone know’ ---including that person?”

“Kaede-san...”

“Sakura-kun, it is time for you take a chance. It does not matter what he says. If you do not say anything now, you will regret it your entire life.”

“You’re right.”

Kaede and Sumire both smiled and said, “Good luck!”

* * *
“It’s really coming down.” Tsubaki uttered, “Do you think Oogami-san is okay?”

“Onii-chan hasn’t moved from that spot.” Iris said.

“A lot of the people have left. The streets are almost empty.” Kasumi noted.

“It’s already been two hours. Don’t you think he’ll take a hint?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know. He still looks determined.” Reni said.

‘Taichou.....’ Maria thought, ‘How much longer will you take...?’

“Ha! He might be standing out there all night!” Kohran said.

“Well, he deserves it, that jerk!” Kanna noted.

Orihime nodded. “Hai~! I have no sympathy for that Japanese guy.”

Maria looked over to him again. ‘Are those....tears in your eyes...? No more.....no more....’ she thought, clenching her fists and her eyes closed. Soon, she was yelling it, “No more! No more!”

“Maria?” everyone uttered, looking over to her.

Maria took off running, yelling, “Taichou!!!!!”

“M-Maria?” he asked, lifting his soaked head.

“Taichou, it's over. She is not coming.”

“What?”

“She does not exist.” Maria said, “We were the ones writing those letters. It was meant to be a prank, but you’ve had a enough. I cannot watch you like that anymore. Taichou....” He just walked around her and started to leave. “Taichou!”

“Leave me alone....” he snapped.

* * *
Back at the TeiGeki, Oogami came inside, soaked completely. He saw Sakura waiting for him at the entrance with a towel. “Oogami-san, are you all right?” she asked, giving him the towel.

In turn, he replied, “Were you in on it, too?”

“Yes, please forgive me for my actions.” she said, bowing her head.

Oogami put the towel on his head and sighed, “I’m such an idiot.”

He started to walk away, but she cried, “Wait, Oogami-san. There’s something I have to say.”

“Whatever it is, I don’t want to hear it.” he muttered.

“Oogami-san!” she said with more force, “You have to hear it. This is will be the final time I will attempt to say it.”

He stopped and turned to her. “What is it, Sakura-kun?”

“I just want you to know that I love you. Ever since the day we met that spring in Ueno Park, I could not stop thinking about you. No matter what happens in the future, Oogami-san, I will always love you.”

He just stared at her. The towel dropped on the floor. “Sakura-kun....” he uttered.

“Yes?”

“I-I.....” he started to say, but clenched his fists, “I cannot forgive you or anyone for what happened. As far as I am concerned, I don’t want to deal with any of you again. Please....just leave me alone.” he said and walked away.

The rest were in the entrance. They had heard everything.

“Sakura, are you okay?” Reni asked.

Kanna noted, “Sure, he’s mad at all of us, but for him to react like that....Taichou or not, I oughta give him a black-eye.”

Sakura shook her head. “No, everyone, I was not expecting anything to happen. I....have no regrets.” she replied and left the Teigeki.

Everyone stopped and stared, wondering where she was going.

* * *
Oogami sat in his room, thinking about everything that had happened. He held all of the letters in his hands and stared at them. “All of them....”

There was a knock at the door. “Taichou, I’m coming in.” Maria said and walked right in.

“What do you want, Maria?” he muttered.

“I came to apologize.” she said, “All of this was entirely my idea. Do not hold the others accounted for it. I am to blame.”

He sighed, “Still, I cannot believe I fell for such a lie.”

“No!” she said, “Every single word typed on those letters are true. Each of the those girls wrote their honest feelings, hoping to somehow get it across to you.”

“Even you?”

“Yes, I wrote the first letter.” she replied, “I was so hurt I did not know what to do. I wanted to get revenge on you, but I also was still in love with you. By pouring out whatever feeling I had left for you in that letter, I was able to get over you. You are a difficult person to get over, Taichou.”

“Maria?” he asked as she looked away, “Are you crying?”

She dried her eyes, shaking her head. “I was wrong about you. I had said that you knew nothing of Love. But.....”

“That’s because you and everyone taught me.” he replied, “With these letters. For the first time I....”

“Taichou....”

“But, I am partially to blame also. I could not decide among you, so I became desperate...I did not want to end up alone in the end.”

Maria put her hand on his shoulder. “Taichou,” she said, “You will never be alone. Everyone will always be with you.”

“Maria....”

“It’s a promise.” she said.

He smiled. “Thank you.”

* * *
The next day, Oogami woke to the sound of rain pounding on the window pane. “The rain hasn’t stopped at all. This feeling....” he sighed, staring outside.

Just then he heard a noise outside his door. Curious as he was, he went to go check it out. Opening the door, an umbrella dropped at his feet. “Huh? What’s this?”

On it, a note was tied. It read:

“Dear Oogami-san,
I am truly sorry for everything. I want to make it up to you. Please go to the place that we met as soon as you can. It is raining terribly outside, so use this umbrella. It won’t be a long wait. I promise.
~Sakura.”

“Sakura-kun....” he uttered.

He changed quickly, then took with him the umbrella and caught the street car to Ueno. He walked to the Park and went to the place where he met Sakura three years ago. Nobody was there.

‘Oogami, you idiot, were you fooled again...huh? There’s a woman over there. She’s coming this way.’

A woman with in a black rain coat came to him. She had dark hair and gray eyes. She stopped and just stared for a moment, then uttered, “Oogami-san?”

“Y-yes. Who are you?”

“I am Nanase Kawasaki.” she replied, “Shinguji-san tracked me down asked me if I would like to meet you. I was so embarrassed, but I happily agreed to it. You see, ever since I went to the Playhouse, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you.”

“You are that woman who talked to Kaede-san....”

“Yes! I asked her your name and what kind of person you were. She told me you were a very kind man with a good heart. That made me want to meet you even more.”

“Sakura-kun arranged this....?”

“Although today is my last day in Tokyo. I will be leaving for Kyoto tomorrow. But, would you like to spend this day with me?”

“I would love to, Nanase-san.” he said.

From afar, Sakura was watching from behind a tree. “Oogami-san......” An umbrella appeared over her head. “Oh! Everyone?!”

The rest of the Hanagumi was behind her. Sumire held the umbrella. “Good work, Sakura-san. However, I had hoped that you’d keep the Shou’i for yourself.”

“I cannot change the hearts of others.” she replied, “But, I can make them happy.”

“Hohohoho! Still, you will not have anyone at your side tonight.”

“Not necessarily true!” Sakura said, “Tonight, let’s go dancing!”

The TeiGeki Sannin Musume cried, “OH YEAH!!!!”

“C-can’t...” Sumire stammered, “I kinda...well...I have a date.”

Everyone stared at her. Kanna pointed at her. “So that’s why you’ve been acting soooo strangely! You’ve been lovesick!”

“I have not, you giant ape!”

“What did you say, you scary wench!”

Orihime laughed, “Looks like they’re back to normal.”

Kohran noted, “Sumire-han, bring your date to the club. We want to meet him.”

“N-no way!” she yelled.

“Oh, come on! At least give us a name!”

“Leave me alone!” Sumire yelled.

Everyone laughed as Kohran and Kanna teased Sumire. Sakura turned back and saw that Oogami and Nanase were gone. She smiled. “Be happy, Oogami-san....”

And so the curtain fell on the stage
And peace was restored within the TeiGeki
The warm and fuzzy life continued as before
As if nothing had happened
New romances flourished
Broken hearts were healed
Nobody talked about the incident again
But often reflected back at it
Despite that, everyone learned two final truths:
That the purest of Love
Is unselfish and unwavering,
And although the restless sky
May pour its tears down endlessly
It does not rain forever
And days of sunshine will soon follow

FIN


Thank you very much for reading! ^_^ ~ Jill