Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Notes: sorry I haven't worked on this in a while. I haven't been in a baseball mood forever, since my team is out of the playoffs. *saaaaad* now I think I could finish it, soon I hope. Please enjoy ok?? ~ jill sept262002

* Sakura taisen *

Hanagumi Summer Baseball Fever

*3rd inning*


Yuri: Welcome to the top of the third inning. We are still tied at one a piece in this old fashion showdown between the Tsukigumi and Hanagumi. Kyaa! I'm so excited!!

Tsubaki: Me too!! It's going to be close game by the looks of how these teams are matched...

Yuri: Wait a minute! How come you came back without any chocolate malts, Tsubaki-san?!

Tsubaki: I ate them.

Yuri: EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

Kasumi: Calm down you two... By the way, we have a special guest with us this inning. Baseball legend Fujieda Ayame!

Ayame: Hi, I'm happy to be here.

Tsubaki: Ayame-san! I can't believe it's you! It's been a long time since we've seen each other. What have you been up to?

Ayame: Nothing much. After the whole Angel Michael incident, I've just been doing some TV commercials and guest appearances on the sports shows.

Yuri: You were really missed. No one could put down a bunt like you do and make it to first base with your hair all nice and perfect...

Ayame: Thanks for the compliment. By the way, isn't the inning already started?

Kasumi: That's right! Let's get back to game. We'll hear more from Ayame-san later. Let's see... up to bat is Oogami-san. He already has two strikes on him.

Yuri: Oogami-san hit a homerun off Rachette-san in the first inning, so she is going to be tough on him... But isn't Oogami-san a great hitter??

Ayame: Yes, of course! I think Oogami-kun has great potential!

At the plate, Oogami blushed. 'Uwah... Ayame-san thinks I have potential!!' The fast went right passed him for strike three. "EH?!?!"

Ayame: Ah, poor Oogami-san. Better luck next time.

Oogami tearfully went back towards the dugout, where he passed Orihime on the way out. "Rachette! Watch out, here I come!!"

"Ara, she's really fired up." Sumire noted, going to the on deck circle. "Chuui, you struck out."

"I know that!! It's because I hear Ayame-san's sweet voice in my ears!"

"Is that so? Then you better console Kaede-san over there. The moment she heard that sweet voice, she went into a panic."

"Eh??" Back in the dugout, Oogami saw Kaede with Kohran, looking sort of dead. 'It isn't good to have two teammates in such a state!'

"Neesan... why are you here???" Kaede muttered.

"Kotone-han, you evil tutu-wearing bastard..." Kohran muttered.

While Oogami tried to get them back to their genki selves, Orhime was up to bat.

Yuri: The count is 0-2. Here comes another 90mph fastball - Orihime-san catches up to it and laces it into shallow right field for a basehit.

Orihime tags first base easily and calls time to tie her shoe. She quickly held her hand up to Kotone. "Don't say a word! I know what you did to Kohran-san!"

"B-But..."

"Shh! Besides I dislike umpires! Do not dare say a word to me or I will seriously make you regret it in 6 inning of pain and suffering...!!"

'Uwaah! Italian girls are scary!' Kotone thought, backing away.

Tsubaki: And now, here comes Sumire-san! Once again they are going to intentially walk her.

Ayame: Ara, Sumire-kun sure doesn't look happy.

Sumire storms to first base. 'Takku! How can I do anything spectacular if they keep walking me! My parents are watching me for once...!'

In the bleachers, Sumire's father was busy in the phone with associates, while her mother was sunbathing and ignoring admirers.

Kanna stepped up to the plate, looking around the diamond. 'Cheh, I can't hit into another double play, or else that hebi-onna will nag me. Let's see, this blondie is quite confident with her fastball. I just need to look for it...'

Tsubaki: The first pitch is another 90 mph fastball. Kanna-san swings right through it. Wah, what a beautiful pitch that was!

Kasumi: With runners at first and second and 1 out, the Hanagumi really needs to stay out of a double play.

Ayame: Hmm? It looks like Oogami-kun is giving some signs from the dugout. I wonder what happened to Manager Yoneda...

Yuri: And here's the second pitch - EH? Both Orihime-san and Sumire-san are running on the pitch! Kayama-san gets Altair-san's fastball and shoots a missile to second base...!

Tsubaki: Wah! Sumire-san slides, but Second baseman Izumi-san gets the ball in time for the tag and she's out!!

Ayame: Ara ara, what an incredible arm that young man has...

Yuri: Ne ne! I heard from scouts that Kayama-san started out as a pitcher. Did you see that strike he threw to second?? Ah, I wish there was instant replay...

Ayame: Sou yo ne! Kayama-kun just has to be the best catcher there is in baseball!

In the dugout, Kaede made a very loud dying noise. Oogami turned back to her with a sweat bead on his face. "Oi oi, cheer up, Kaede-san! Orihime-kun could score to put us in the lead!"

Kasumi: Orihime-san stealing third base really opens the door...

Kanna stared at Rachette, concentrating on the next pitch. Rachette looked unnerved, and releases. Kanna swung hard, and...

Tsubaki: Basehit into right field!! Orihime-san will score and the Hanagumi take the lead, 2-1!!

With the fans cheering, Kanna ran into first base. She let out a sigh. 'Pheeew, that was a close. Now I'm really hungry... Ah??' She looked back to the dugout where Sumire was still giving her a dirty look. 'Now what did I do? Cheh, that woman is never happy...'

Kasumi: Now up to bat is Kohran-san. Can she keep the inning alive??

"Gwwwwaaaaaah!!" Kohran screamed, swinging blindly at the first pitch.

Yuri: It's hit right to first base, Sukiyabashi-san who tosses to Izumi-san get Kanna-san out on the force.

Tsubaki: That's it for the Hanagumi in the third, but they do take the lead. What an exciting game ne?

Ayame: Un, I can see both of the teams are doing their best. It'll be a fight until the finish, but I hope this weather could hold up...

Yuri: Eh? What are you talking about? It's clear skies and the weather report said we could reach high 70s today...

Ayame: Saa... it's a strange feeling.

Back in the stands, everyone continued to enjoy the sunshine. And as soon as the vender with snow cones arrived, everyone literally attacked him. "OIII!!! Get a hold of yourselves, people!!!"

"Kyaa! It's Satan!!" Erica cried. No one really paid any attention to her, but she kept yelling that and grabbing onto a very annoyed Lobelia.

"Hora, get the hell off me, you stupid nun!" Lobelia cried, trying to pry the grasping hands away, "I'm not into this kind of stuff..."

"What kind of stuff?" Coquelicot asked.

"You know," Hanabi replied, "=That=."

"What's that??"

Before Hanabi could explain, Glycine covered her mouth. "What's gotten into you?!"

"I-It must be the heat... I'm becoming light-headed..."

"Fine, fine. I'll get you a snow cone - will that help you cool off?"

"Thank you, Glycine. You are a true friend."

Lobelia threw Erica at the departing Glycine. "Take this with you! Maybe she could help carry them back or something. Just get her away from me."

"Nooooooo!!" Erica cried, as Glycine dragged her along, "Reject Sin! Reject Satan!!"

"Ah!!" Satan the vender quickly recognized her and ran up to her, "Hey you!"

"Kyaaaaaaaaa!!"

Glycine scowled. "Would you please KNOCK IT OFF!" She turned to Satan. "Look I just want 5 snow cones. Just ignore this girl."

"Actually I have something to return to her." He took the crucifix out of his pocket and handed it out to Erica, who just started screaming. "W-What is your problem! I haven't caused death and destruction just yet!!!"

Just then Kazuma walked up. "I'd like 3 snow cones... YAA, YAMAZAKI!"

"Wha-no-I'm... SATAN!! S-SEE!!" He proceeded to take out three different ID cards - one with 'Kuduki Satan', another with 'Aoi Satan', and lastly 'Tenken Satan'. Everyone just stared at him.

"What are you talking about?" Glycine muttered, "It says 'Yamazaki' there on your name tag."

"Monsieur Yamazaki!!" Ci yelled over the crowd, "What are you doing??! Get back to selling those snow cones! Don't make me come out there!!"

"GEH!" Yamazaki gasped, as Erica threw her arms around him. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!"

"I knew you weren't evil, Samurai-san!! You were kind enough to return my crucifix! May Kami-sama bless you!"

"GAAAAH! GET HER OFF ME!!"

"Ara, what is going on??" Ayame asked as she held out her money, "Hmm??"

Glycine just sighed. "This is taking too long, and the other half of the inning is already starting..."

Yuri: Now we turn to the bottom of the third inning, with Tanaka-san, Oyagata-san, and Izumi-san coming to bat.

Tsubaki: Last inning, Maria-san struck everyone out. Perhaps she is going to have an easy afternoon?

Kasumi: Ever since that homerun by Kayama-kun, Maria has been in control. Ah, but it is rumored that her mentor was another female pitcher with similar style.

Ayame: Are you talking about me??

Tsubaki: Waaw!! You brought us snow cones! Thank you, Ayame-san~!

Yuri: Hey! You already ate four chocolate malts!!

Kasumi: Now up to bat is Left fielder Tanaka-san. He takes strike one. And strike two... And strike three.

"YEEER OUT!" Yokihiko hollered, as Tanaka dropped his head and walked back to the dugout.

"All right, Maria!" Kaede chuckled, tossing back to the mound. 'Yes, yes I should be more cheerful and believe in my team! I won't let Neesan or that guy ruin my confidence!'

Sumire looked towards the bleachers again. 'They're still there... But if they get bored, then they will leave... And this is the last game of the year...'

'Tutu... Pink tutu... Must get it out of my mind!!!' Kohran thought, hitting herself in the head with her mitt.

Kasumi: Maria-san strikes Oyagata-san out with four pitches. That's 2 outs for the Tsukigumi. And here comes Second baseman Keisuke Izumi!

"Eh??" Coquelicot looked around. "Where did Hanabi go??" She froze. "EEEEEEEEEH?!?!?"

"Nan da?" Glycine asked, turning to where she was pointing. "HANABI!!"

Hanabi was in the Tsukigumi dugout, looking very flushed. "A-Ano..."

"Wah, I can tell you are a great fan." Kayama noted on her gear, "Do you want my autograph??"

"H-Hai! I'm so happy!" she gasped with a giant heart-mark in the air. While Kayama was signing her baseball cap, Hanabi suddenly teetered a bit. "Ah... I'm feeling... a little faint..."

"Oi!" he cried, catching her, "Daijoubu??!"

"STREEEEKE THREE!!!" Yokihiko yelled as Izumi swung through the pitch.

As Kaede was able to catch it, she caught the dugout in the corner of her eye. "NANII!??!?"

Yuri: Kya! Kaede-san totally missed catching that ball! By the time she retrieves the ball it's too late!

Kasumi: So even though it's a strikeout, Izumi-san proceeds to first base on the pass ball by Kaede-san.

Ayame: Zanen desu ne...

Maria, Kaede, and the infielders meet on the mound. "W-What is going on with you, Kaede-san!" Sumire exclaimed, "How could you miss that ball?!"

Sakura quickly intervened, "C-Calm down, Sumire-san! Everyone makes mistakes, and there's already two outs..."

"So?? He represents the tying run!!"

"Gomen," Kaede sighed, "I'm not really concentrating well."

"Because you have a lot at risk," Reni noted, "Your swimsuit debut and your date with Oogami-taicho..."

"EEEEEEEEEH?!?!?" Maria, Sakura, and Sumire exclaimed.

"C-Chotto!!" Kaede gasped, waving her hands, "W-Where did you hear this, Reni?!"

"Rachette told me. She heard it from Kayama."

"NANIII!!!"

Yokihiko walked over to let them know that the timeout was over, but overheard some of the conversation. "Okay, who likes who?? Let me in the girl talk!!"

"No one likes anyone!!" Kaede exclaimed, "L-Let's just get back to the game!!"

Yuri: With a runner on first base, here comes Yamaguchi-san to bat. Last at-bat he hit it right to first baseman Kohran-san...

Tsubaki: Again Yamaguchi-san swings at the first pitch, and hits a line drive right towards first base... AH?! But Kohran-san leaps up and misses it...!!!

Kasumi: Izumi-san advances to second base, and Yamaguchi-san is save at first.

Ayame: Tough luck for the Hanagumi...

Tsubaki: Sou yo! Here comes Kayama-san to bat!

"Yo!" Kayama chimed, stepping up to the plate. "Kaede-san..."

"What?" she grumbled, obviously in a bad mood.

He smiled. "I'm going to hit a double and then steal third base."

"N-Nan desutte??"

Kasumi: Here comes the pitch. It's ball one. Second pitch is a fastball to the outside corner... Kayama-san hits it into deep left field...!

Yuri: The runners come home, and Kayama-san gets into second base with a base-clearing double! The Tsukigumi take the lead!!

Kasumi: Here comes Joe Ishida to the plate with a runner in scoring position and two outs. And Maria-san's pitch...

Tsubaki: Waah! Kayama-san is running on the first pitch! Kaede-san quickly takes that strike and tosses to third... Kayama-san slides and is...

"SAFE!!" Kikunojou cried.

"SONNA!" Kaede cried, throwing down her mitt. But she had to admit - Kayama was much faster than she anticipated. He also slid around Reni's mitt to avoid the tag, though he had beaten out the ball - so there was absolutely no chance of getting him. In defeat, she squatted back down behind home plate.

Yuri: Looks like the Tsukigumi still want to do more damage, but Maria-san goes back to concentrating on the batter. Here's the windup and the pitch... Ishida-san takes a swing at her changeup and shoots it towards center...!

"HAAA!!!" Sakura leapt up, snatched it one-handed with her glove, before colliding with the grass. "Haa..." she uttered, lying on her back with her arm still extended.

Tsubaki: What an amazing play by Sakura-san!!

Ayame: Superb defense... just like her father!

Kasumi: And so the 3rd inning is finally over, thanks to a diving catch by shortstop Sakura Shinguji. But the Tsukigumi got 2 more runs to gain the lead!

Yuri: Onto the 4th inning! Ah, Ayame-san, by the way. Look what I dug out of the album! It's your swimsuit bromide!

Ayame: Sonna, where did you find such a thing??

Kasumi: Believe it or not, Manager Yoneda of the Hanagumi had it...

All: Eww...

Yuri: The more I think of it the only person in the entire league without a swimsuit bromide is your younger sister Kaede-san...

Ayame: Well, we'll just have to do something about that, won't we girls? Fufufu...

Back in the dugout, Kaede again threw down her mitt in anguish. "N-NEESAAAAN!?!?"

* end of the 3rd inning *