Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
hidden chapter Sakura Taisen was created by Ohji Hiroi
1996, 1998, 2001 (c) Red Company, Sega Company
fanfic by jill sodina_at_bozby@angelfire.com

notes: SPOILERS! these events take place at the end of Sakura Taisen 2, from Sakura's special ending to after the credits. though these scenes didn't happen for real, I wrote them around the actual scenes for them to occur. there is reference to Sakura's special ending from the first game, where she tried to run away to Sendai. 'One year of separation' - when Oogami was training with the Navy in South America (btween St1 &St2) Significance of the 'city street lights'? Sakura comes from the country and she hadn't seen so many lights until she came to the city. In St1, she tells Oogami that 'someday she wishes she too would shine so brightly'. This fic would be for a Sakura&Oogami fan, if you like the other girls, this might not be your kind of a fic. I don't often write these types. I prefer light and happy. Hope I didn't spoil too much. Enjoy the fic.

Hidden Chapter


Laughing in the sunshine, Oogami found that though the bicycle lesson didn't go as well as he had hoped, he and Sakura would have a good time regardless. And she looked awfully beautiful with that smile on her face; he wondered he could stay here forever and gaze at her, listen to her voice... just be near.

"Gomen, Oogami-san." Sakura said, calming down, "I suppose it's too dangerous for me to try a bicycle. Perhaps I should practice my balance first?"

"Aa, that'll be a good idea. I'll help you with that too." He replied, picking a flower petal out of her hair. She caught his hand and held it to her face, a warm feeling seeping into his skin and surging up his arm... to his face, which turned bright red. "S-Sakura...kun..."

"Oogami-san..." she uttered, turning red as well from her own actions, "Atashi... anata..."

Oogami didn't let her finish, but pulled her into a hug. He couldn't bear the thought that she would confess her feelings, and again he wouldn't be able to answer. How he wanted to answer... but he just couldn't. 'Is it because my love isn't as strong... no, that can't be... I truly...' Not wanting to ruin the moment by his own shaky feelings, he just wanted to hold her tightly, listening to her heartbeat.

* * *
The next day, Oogami was called to Yoneda's office. Not knowing what was in store for him, he also ran into Sakura in the hall. She too had been called. The two of them laughed about it, thinking that he was going to tell them not to be so 'lovey-dovey' around the Teigeki. Something about romance and duty not mixing. But when they did go in for the meeting, it was an entirely different story. The smiles gone from their faces, Sakura and Oogami stumbled out into the hallway again.

"S-Sou na..." Sakura uttered, clutching at her kimono, "Oogami-san... you're going to Paris...?"

"No! I'm not!" Oogami blurted out, "I... I want to stay here... with you."

Sakura forced a smile. "Oogami-tada, of course you're going to Paris. This is a great opportunity for you. Even Yoneda-shihainin said so."

"Sakura-kun..." he uttered, looking at the strain in her face. He knew she was acting glad, but inside was miserable. It was only a matter of time before this act would end. It happened much sooner than he expected.

"What am I saying!" Sakura cried, tears coming out of her sadden brown eyes, "Gomen nasai! I don't want you to go... Oogami-san, you mustn't go!"

"Sakura-kun!" he gasped as she turned away and ran down the hall. He found his feet to be like stone and he dropped his outreached hand to his side. 'Sakura-kun doesn't want me to go... then I shouldn't... but...' Oogami clutched his head and sighed. 'What should I do...??'

* * *
A week passed. Already the night prior his departure, Oogami hadn't objected to anything, so it appeared he would be going. Everyone had been so good to him and threw him a party. Trying to seem cheerful, he sat at the table and took a glance at everyone's faces. 'Yoneda-shihainin... Kaede-san... Tsubaki-chan... Kasumi-san...Yuri-san...'

His eyes moved to the Hanagumi. 'Maria... Kanna... Airisu... Reni... Orihime-kun... Kohran... Sumire-kun... soushite...' He paused at Sakura, the smile fading from his face. 'Tomorrow I will be going. Everyone wants me to go... I should go. I should...'

"Yaa, Oogami!! Have a drink!!" Yoneda chimed, pouring him a glass that overfilled and split over the table. The old guy was already soggy-drunk and could barely tell the difference between Oogami and Kaede. The overflowing drink was shoved in Kaede's face. "Naa, Oogami! KANPAI!!"

"Yoneda-shihainin!!" she exclaimed, pushing him away, "Get a hold of yourself!!"

"Neee, Shou~i!" a drunk Sumire slurred, leaning her head on his shoulder, "When yoo get to PARI... get me shom why~nnn... eheheii hi... eeh....erp..."

"Oi oi!" Kanna snapped, grabbing hold of her arm and pulling her away, "Don't get your drool all over Taichou like that."

"Na~ni?? Drool??"

As those two argued, Orihime leaned across the table and pointed in Oogami's face. "Now, Shou'isa~n, remember! Don't go flirting with those French girls, nee! We'll be wa~iting for you to come back and be our Taichou aga~in. That can't be if you get mixed up with someone and have to stay in France to take care of your family!"

"J-Jotto, Orihime-kun!" he cried, waving his hands, "I-I'm not going to do anything like that!"

"Nee, Onii-chan," Airisu said at his elbow, "Paris is the city of love! No doubt Onii-chan will fall in love with someone! Ehihihi, Airisu knows - l'amour is everywhere!"

Reni crossed her arms and asked curiously, "Airisu, won't you be upset if Oogami-taichou falls in love with someone else??"

"Of course Airisu will be mad! But love will happen on its own, regardless of what Airisu wants. If Onii-chan falls in love, then Onii-chan will forget about Airisu and everyone else... it's something that will happen eventually." she uttered, lowering her head.

"Hora, Airisu-han sounds like an adult there." Kohran noted, patting her on the shoulder, "Yaa, I agree Oogami-han won't be able to help himself once he gets to France."

Yuri nodded. "After all, I hear the Paris Hanagumi are very lovely ladies. And we all know that Oogami-san has an eye for pretty ladies."

Kaede sighed, "Just don't forget to remember your real duty and that's to protect the capitol and the lives of the citizens." Oogami frantically nodded, worried that even Kaede would think he was some sort of player. He gazed across the table. Sakura had left without anyone noticing. Kaede sensed that he wanted to go after her and excused him. "Oogami-kun, ganbatte." she said softly as he rose. Slowly he nodded and then bolted out the door.

* * *
Oogami found her upstairs, standing by the terrace. Her hands resting on the glass, she concentrated on the street below. "Sakura-kun," he said, putting his hands on her shoulders, "Let's go outside. I need to talk to you." She slowly nodded and followed him out on the balcony. The air felt warm and faded stars filled the night sky. Oogami leaned against the railing and closed his eyes. "I... I'm not going to go."

"What?" Sakura gasped. Those words made her heart jump for joy, but at the same time ache. Despite her own feelings, she had to do what she believed was right. "Oogami-san, you must go. You must."

He shook his head. "No! It's not fair to you. When you tried to leave two years ago, I wouldn't let you! Why then... why should I go?"

"That time, I was running away from my duties... I was scared and didn't want to face everyone, because I... I was ashamed of my weakness." she said, taking hold of his hand, "But you... this is a great opportunity for you. Not only is it your duty, but you'll become a stronger and wiser person because of it. For me to prevent you from going would be a very selfish thing."

"No!" he gasped, feeling her grip tighten, "It's not selfish! I don't want to be separated from you! One year was already too much... and this time, I don't know when the next time I'll see you again. Even though we have the kinematron, it's not the same. I want to be in the same room with you, be near you... feel you near like this."

"Oogami-san, I understand... I wanted to stay with you as long as I could!" she cried as he pulled her into a hug, "But... but I can't... I can't hold onto you forever. Our time... is ending."

"No, no it isn't...I...I... I love you, Sakura." he finally said.

Looking down into her astonished face, he realized that this was the first time ever that he had said those words, despite the many times she had said her feelings. He then remembered the time he almost lost her; how frantic he became when he learned that she was running away. He hijacked Kohran's steam bike and chased down her train. He remembered their warm embrace, her tearful apology... and their first kiss.

"Oogami-sa--"

He had cut her off with a kiss. For them, time had stood still. The future and past were blurred and all he knew, all he cared about was right in front of him. Slowly, Sakura managed to lift a hand to his cheek, being able to pull herself away from his passionate release. She then turned towards his ear, tears streaming down her face.

"Oogami-san, sayonara..."

* * *
Oogami's eyes flickered open. He had fallen asleep, sitting up in his chair. Getting up, he walked over to his apartment window. He gazed out at the evening view of the Eiffel tower in distance. His sadden eyes focused on the beautiful city lights.

'They say that Paris is the city of Love.
Love is felt by all who enter its gates
But for me, this isn't true
I can't feel anything right now.
Just an ache in my chest and a cold emptiness.
.............
But someday spring will come again.
And perhaps that warm feeling will still be there.
I can only wait and hope
Then see with my own eyes
For now, I can lose myself
In this garden of memories deeply engraved in my heart...
Of a place where the Sakura that I love only blooms.'


back