Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
1996, 1998, 2001 (c) Red Company, Sega Company fanfic by jill 7/13/1

Sakura Taisen
" Wonderful Scandal " part 3


One exhausting day at the Ginza Daiteikoku Gekijou, Oogami Ichirou stumbled down the hallway, his hand gripping the ring case in his pocket. 'I can't wait to see Sakura-kun's reaction... from here, I'm sure we can be together...'

Stopping outside Yoneda's door, he remembered how the others had told him that she was in there for a special meeting. He wondered if he should interrupt or just wait until it ended. Standing there with his hand raised to knock, he heard a yell. "BAKA YAROU!!!"

'Heeeeh!?' Oogami thought, 'That's Yoneda-shihainin's voice... why is he yelling at Sakura-kun?!'

"G-Gomen nasai!" Sakura replied, emotion mixed in her words, "Atashi... I-I promise not to do it again!!"

Red-faced Yoneda leaned forward, his breath strong with sake, "Yoo betta not oress... I ma gonna ... gonna...!!" he slurred angrily waving his fists.

Kikunojou came running over with his rifle and sword, "Ready, Sir?!" Yoneda just stared at him for a moment, then waved him away. "Anytime you're ready!!" Kiku assured him, "I'll help you in battle! This shiteki butai I serve!"

"Yada yada..." Yoneda turned back to Sakura, who looked very tearfully from the ear-full he gave her minutes ago. "Saguwa... I meenit... yo'days at da Die-tey-ko-gu Gigijo depend onit! Now git da hell outta here!!"

"H-Hai!" Sakura exclaimed, getting up and tearfully going for the door. Outside in the hall, she stopped to see Oogami standing there with a stricken look on his face. "O... Oogami... san..." she stammered, bursting into tears. He just moved to hug her, still very confused over what just happened.

"Doushita, Sakura-kun? W-What happened??"

"Could we... go someplace... alone?" she asked, looking ever so vulnerable. Oogami slowly nodded, checking around the hallway to see if someone was there, then putting his arm around her and sneaking away.

* * *
Kaede sat in the Baragumi rose-covered office in the basement, looking quite depressed. Crossing her legs and leaning back on the cushioned sofa, she let out a heavy sigh. 'What an embarrassing demotion! How could this have happened to me?! I'm gonna kill that old man...!'

Her eyes then flickered open to see that the other members were still staring at her with awe. Finally she gave them a reply, "YES, they are real." she said, pointing at her chest, "And NO, you cannot touch them!"

Yokohiko crossed his arms. "Demo ne! How envious I am of you~! I've been trying to grow some for so long and nothing has happened yet."

"Daijoubu daijoubu." Kotone said, patting him on the shoulder, "Takes time! Don't give up, Yoko-chan! You'll live out your dream someday! The world is full of dreams... we mustn't give up on them no matter how far it is!"

"Kyaaaa! You're so right, Taichou! I shall follow my dreams!"

Kaede dropped her head. 'What is wrong with these people?! Aarg! I've got to get out of here because I go crazy!'

"Sore kara..." Kotone turned towards her, "Kaede-chan, I have your first assignment! Could make copies of these?"

"Eeh?!" Kaede exclaimed, looking at the photographs, "T-That's Oogami-kun?! Why is he in his underwear?! And where did this picture of him on the bath come from?!?"

Kotone and Yokohiko both blushed and giggled. Then the lights mysteriously switched off and a pink spotlight showed on Kotone. "The sworn duty of the Barugumi is to assist the Hanagumi and also protect the majinki! Shikashi..."

Another pink spotlight flickered on Yoko. "Ichirou-chan destroyed the majinki... Tis an act of love! Oh Ichirou-chan, you're so romantic!" he sighed, folded his hands together, hearts everywhere.

A pink spotlight went on Kaede. "So?! What's the point?!"

"The point is..." Kotone said, holding up his hand, "In times of peace and prosperity, where the majinki no longer exists, the sworn duty of the Barugumi is to admire Oogami Ichirou-Taichou!"

Kaede tried to cover her mouth to keep from laughing, but it didn't do any good. She fell to the floor, laughing still. "O-Oogami-kun?! I admit he's a great guy... but you mustn't waste your time on him...!"

"Oh, but we now have hope!" Yoko cried, as the spotlight tried to keep in spot with the rolling Kaede. "After all, we can finally fit his image of beauty!"

Kaede suddenly stopped everything as an image was projected on the screen. "... are wa... Nee-san...?" she stammered, sitting up and gazing at the wall, "D-Doushite?"

Kotone grinned, "It's rumored from a big party a few years ago that Oogami-Taichou was madly in love with Fujieda Ayame. To grasp her image - is to grasp Oogami-Taichou's heart!"

'Oogami-kun and Nee-san... masaka! How scandalous! Hmm... I'm starting to have an idea!' Kaede then smiled and got off the floor, "Yoshi! I understand the situation, Taichou. Please allow me to help out in our mission!"

* * *
Sumire and Kanna were fighting on the stage when Orihime arrived. "Aaan, looks like another day at the Teigeki!" she sighed, rubbing her temple, "Head-ache ga arima~su!"

"Nee, Orihimee!" Airisu chimed, running over, "What's that you have there? Wai wai! What a lovely ring!!"

Orihime smiled and stretched out her hand for everyone to see. "Ahaha, you think so? Chuui-san picked it out!"

"Hmm??" Yuri popped up from the orchestra pit and scurried over. "Oogami-san... gave you that ring?! How scandalous!"

"MOU!! Onii-chan gave you that ring??! How dare he!" Airisu scowled.

Orihime waved her hands fearfully. "Iya~da! It's not for me! It's for my Mama! Chuui-san helped Papa pick it. We're going to give it to Mama tomorrow!" She then lifted her hand again, sighing, "It looks so nice, I couldn't help myself~!"

"Looks expensive!" Sumire noted, peering at it, "Maa~! How in the world did a poor man as your father afford it?? Did it cost him an arm and a leg? Ohohohohoho!!"

"Baka yarou!" Kanna said, hammering her into the floor, "It doesn't matter what it cost. It's a symbol of love between Orihime's parents and I won't let a cactus woman like you make a mockery of it!"

"What biting words, Kanna-san!" Sumire snapped, rubbing her bruised head, "I'm sure the scandal of 'Teigeki Star' must be you then!"

"Oi oi! Shuddap!!"

Maria sighed and covered her face. No practice was getting done at all. At her elbow, Reni uttered, "I wonder where Sakura is. She has to practice her lines with Orihime, now that she's here..."

"MOU!!" Airisu exclaimed, grabbing Reni by the arm, "Stop worrying about Sakuraa! Reni, you're Airisu's special friend!! Not Sakura's!!"

"Speaking of which!" Sumire managed to say as Kanna put her in a headlock as she stretched her face, "Where is that lazy girl? She actually has the lead role and already slacking off!"

"She had a meeting with Shihainin." Maria explained, "But it should've been over hours ago..." Slowly, her eyes widened. 'Masaka... did Shihainin lose his temper...?'

"Maria-han," Kouran uttered, "Maybe having Shihainin speak with her was a bad idea. I think we've made it worse."

"Nan de~su ka??" Orihime asked, looking curious. She and the other girls leaned in, including Yuri, who came running over with her notebook, "What's going on with Sakura-sa~n??"

"Well, the truth is..." Maria started to say.

* * *
"Oogami-san, the truth is..." Sakura uttered, as the two of them sat together in his room. She gazed down at the floor, biting her lip. ".........................................."

Oogami waited and waited for her to continue, but nothing happened. After a while, he decided to get cozy, after all they were on his bed. He slid his arm around her and waited to see what would happen. She just sat there. "Sakura-kun... a-ano... let's..." he stammered, rubbing her shoulder and nuzzling his nose with her ear, "L-Let's..."

"OOGAMI-SAN!" she exclaimed, jolting up, her shoulder blade colliding with his face. He fell to the floor, clutching his nose. "W-What are you thinking about?!"

"I-Ite..." he muttered, the pain slowly fading. He sat up and rubbed his head. "Jaa... since you don't want to talk about it, I can't make you. But perhaps whatever's bothering you will go away if you think about something else."

"Horny bastard." Sakura grumbled, giving him the evil eye.

Oogami got on his feet and faced her. "Fine, then tell me about it. Maybe I can help somehow."

Sakura shook her head sadly. "You can't undo what's done... it... it was a mistake... now everyone is going to be in trouble because of it..."

'No! They found out about us! But, a mistake? I'm a mistake?!' Oogami thought, frowning to himself. He then frantically took out the ring, "No, wait! This proves that it isn't a mistake! This - this is for you, Sakura-kun!"

Sakura's eyes widened. "O-Oogami-san," she gasped, "The entire Hanagumi is suffering and you're busy buying expensive gifts..."

"Eeeh? Chotto! It did cost a lot, but it only represents my feelings... I don't understand why you're getting all upset. Even if there's scandal, I..."

"S-Scandal?!" Sakura cried, "No! There can't be any! I swear I didn't mean to... it's not my fault! I wish it never happened!!" She then rushed out of the room in tears.

Oogami dropped his mouth wide open and dropped the ring as well. "What the hell... just happened...??"

* * *
Oogami remained stunned for the rest of the day. He dizzily walked down the hall during his night watch, wondering what exactly happened. 'I got her the ring... I thought women loved getting jewelry!' he thought, standing outside her door, 'I don't understand women at all...'

Sighing, he walked away going for the stairs. He stopped to hear voices below. The Teigeki San-in Musume was snooping around as usual. "Saa! We have to find out before that Sanzaki-san does!" Yuri said, as they dug through the garbage, "Which one of the Teigeki Stars has a lover!"

Oogami clutched his chest and fell over, hiding behind the railing. 'They're trying to do that?!'

"I still think its Sumire-san!" Tsubaki replied, "She's always had a bad record, not to mention indecent behavior in public!"

"I think its Maria-san." Kasumi replied, "She's the only one mature enough to have a relationship and keep a good secret. Surely it's her!"

"I think it is Sakura." said a voice. Oogami went pale and slowly turned around to the person who had said it. Reni crossed her arms. "Am I right, Taichou?"

"R-Reni?" he gasped, glad that Reni had a soft voice and only he heard it, "H-How do you know...?"

"Don't make me explain it." Reni said, "But you've got to come see this." She then led Oogami down the other staircase to the basement. "I'll explain it when we get there, but..."

Suddenly all of the lights shut off. The two, staring in pitch darkness, were totally confused. Just then, a pink spotlight went off. "Konbawa Oogami-kun..." said a familiar voice.

"K-Kaede-san?!" Oogami stammered, sweat running down his face. She appeared with some outrageous outfit; some skimpy red dress with a feather scarf. "What are you doing?!"

She just smiled. "The butai of Love and Beauty never quits until they get what they want... that is the way of the Baragumi!"

The other spotlights turned on and Yoko and Kotone were also in the same outfits. "Ichirou-chan, we want something from you!"

"Eeep?!" Oogami nervously latched onto Reni as they were surrounded. "W-What do you want?!" Smiles on their faces, they each held up a picture. "Uwaaaah?! The most embarrassing pictures in the world!!"

"T-Taichou?!" Reni gasped, her face all red. She then burst off into laughter. "Taichou... ahahahaa... that's... that's... the funniest thing I've ever seen...!"

"Yamero!!" he exclaimed, angrily turning to the taunting Baragumi, "I'm in a bad mood and have no time to deal with your jokes! You give me back those embarrassing pictures or else, I'll...!!"

"Or else what?" Kaede asked, slyly grinning. She then snapped her fingers. Kotone and Yoko ran over with a screen wall and Kaede changed behind it, the shadow of her throwing clothes about.

"Eep!" Oogami gulped a drip of blood dripping from his bandaged nose. Reni lifted a handkerchief to dry it. "A-Arigatou yo..." Just then the screen wall fell down. "EEEP?!" Oogami gasped, clutching his face, "M-Masaka!"

"You'll do what I say, won't you?" Kaede said, pointing her finger to his forehead as he drooled all over the floor. She wore her sister's old blue kimono and green robe, her hair tied up in a somewhat of a bun. "Do what I say!"

Reni looked back and forth, not sure what was going on. "T-Taichou?" she squeaked.

Oogami in a trance just nodded his head, totally ignoring Reni. "Anything you want... Ayame-san... Tell me your desire..."

Kaede folded her hands together. "Hmhmhm... what we want is..." She said it in a soft whisper in his ear and instantly he drained of color. "Nee, Oogami-kun?"

"YOU WANT ME TO DO WHAT?!?!"


back to part 2
onto part 4