Sings the Nightingale


Mirror, mirror on the wall
BY: Kash

Disclaimer: Standard jargon, I don't own anyone...I don't own much in fact...not even my car...so sueing me would be a waste of time and energy. I'm just attempting to entertain myself and whoever else reads this...what can I say I have to do something while I'm at work, don't I? Oh Seri, Chrys, Reagan and Stefan are my characters, not that I own them...merely that I'm writting a record of events as told to me by that horrifyingly evil little imp known as "THE MUSE"...anyone seen my sstapler?

Soon she thought, very soon now, everything would be in place. The new vessel was being prepared for the ceremony, and the vampire was weakening.

It seemed that little experiment was going nicely. She reached out to stroke one long finger down the vial sitting on her vanity table. It was amazing what science could accomplish. Distilled silver nitrate, added to the vessel's water it was odorless and appeared to be tasteless, she hadn't tried it herself of course.

It was a pity she'd never thought to try it before, but truely science was not her area of expertise. Stefan, however had been majoring in biochemistry when she'd found him in Hungry. He had been so easy to manipulate, and now he followed her blindly. She was the drug of his choice and he was throughly addicted. She perfered that in a man, it gave her power over them without having to expend much energy.

Now was the time for caution, she knew better then to gloat yet. Once she had her new body and the vampire was dead she would be free to search for the bird again and when she found her, well then she could reclaim her power and destroy her enemies.

She smiled at her reflection. Soon, ohh so very soon, she would be free of this prison and its filthy occupant. She had chosen badly last time. She had been more careful this time though and the Vessel would suit much better. Besides during the days at least she would have it all to herself and it would give her time to determine a way to make the absence of the other soul a more permant arrangement. She was sick of merely borrowing a body, this one she would rule alone

It had been a mistake to take on this one, but at the time she had been in something of a pinch and it had been the only one available. Reagan was not all that she desired in a host, true she was lovely and had the carriage of a queen, she also had more in common with the Countess of Bathroy then was comfortable. This would not have proved a problem however if she had been easier to manage, but madness can sometimes split a mind and now she was forced to share this body with what little remained of the original owners mind. Unfortunately what remained was diseased, luckily Fata had been able to feed Reagan suggestions and ideas, which fortunately had led the foolish woman to believe that she could attain imortality through the new vessel and the cursed Nightingale. It would be nice to have her pet back, however briefly she lasted.

INDEXor Next Chapter